inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Horrifying news story

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/08 at 10:53 pm

The death penalty does not exist in Canada, but I think they should make an exception just this once.  This just sickens me ...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_25297.aspx

Subject: Re: Horrifying news story

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/08 at 10:54 pm

I JUST read about that. Good God, what kind of effing sicko does something like this? I cannot imagine the horror that the passangers had to endure...talk about having nightmares for the rest of their lives. This is so horrible. :(

Written By: whistledog on 07/31/08 at 11:10 pm

It makes me now want to think twice before ever riding a bus.  The more you think about it, look at city buses.  Any Tom, Dick or Harry can ride them, and who knows if they have guns or knives or what.  With city buses, you can't really police that, but coach buses should have the kind of security that airports do.  It might piss off alot of people to have to go through that kind of tight security, but what's a little hold up compared to a safe journey?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/08 at 11:11 pm

It makes me now want to think twice before ever riding a bus.  The more you think about it, look at city buses.  Any Tom, Dick or Harry can ride them, and who knows if they have guns or knives or what.  With city buses, you can't really police that, but coach buses should have the kind of security that airports do.  It might piss off alot of people to have to go through that kind of tight security, but what's a little hold up compared to a safe journey?

I agree. You can never be too careful or safe nowadays. :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/01/08 at 1:05 am

Obviously I wasn't there so I don't know the whole story, but my first reaction was, why didn't the passengers try to help the guy who was being stabbed?!? ???

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/08 at 1:09 am

WHY...

...didn't anyone try to help the guy who was being stabbed?!?  >:( >:( >:(

The passengers pretty much feared for their own safety.  From the news reports I saw on TV, several of the witnesses said that it would have been too late because he'd already been stabbed several times before anyone really noticed.  How do you not notice a guy getting stabbed even once? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/08 at 1:20 am

Have you ever ridden 100 miles on a bus with a guy who just won't shut up!  This poor dude probably talked sixty seconds too long about the new Yankees draft picks!  You get tense out there on the road sometimes! The problem no matter how nasty the SOB smelled on the outside...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel5.gif

BTW, sorry about the vulgar emoticon!

Written By: Jessica on 08/01/08 at 10:03 am

I caught that story yesterday.  Truly terrifying for those poor passengers.

It is true that Greyhound is very lax with their security.  I traveled on it a great deal back in the day, and basically all you do is arrive, check your bag if it's not coming on the bus with you, and stand in line to board the bus.  That's it.  Amtrak is pretty much the same, except that they do surprise inspections with the ATF.

Written By: thewolrab on 08/01/08 at 3:12 pm

This is proof that if Aliens were to exist, and destroyed us, they would have a good reason.

We are one screwed up race.

Written By: Tia on 08/01/08 at 3:32 pm

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/10253.html

Aug
Pam Orders The Chops
Posted at 17:55 by Gavin M.
Maybe you’ve already heard this story:

Man Stabbed, Decapitated on Bus in Manitoba

July 31 (Bloomberg) — A man in Canada was stabbed to death and decapitated on a Greyhound bus by a stranger in the seat beside him, the Globe and Mail reported.

We were like, “Jeez, that’s awful.” And then we were like, “Wow, Pam Atlas is going to go cawing off her perch trying to tie it to Muslims.”

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/01/08 at 3:32 pm

I read about this story last night and my jaw just about dropped to the floor!  I sickens me that something so totally incomprehensible like this could happen!  :o :\'(

Written By: Tia on 08/01/08 at 3:37 pm

i wonder if the guy mighta been on PCP or something. PCP makes some folks do stuff like this sometimes. they think they're lucid dreaming, they don't know they're in reality.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/01/08 at 6:52 pm

Those wascally Canadians, you never know what they're gonna do!!!

Written By: La Roche on 08/01/08 at 7:37 pm

Amtrak is pretty much the same, except that they do surprise inspections with the ATF.

Seriously.

Dang.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/01/08 at 11:33 pm

Obviously I wasn't there so I don't know the whole story, but my first reaction was, why didn't the passengers try to help the guy who was being stabbed?!? ???

Here's an interview with one of the passengers:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c2e_1217531771

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 08/02/08 at 9:04 am

Seriously.

Dang.

Yes, because Jason is a terrorist in training, so they had to search his "Cars" suitcase. :D

Written By: La Roche on 08/02/08 at 12:03 pm

Yes, because Jason is a terrorist in training, so they had to search his "Cars" suitcase. :D

Oh, that's alright, my taxes are going to something useful!

Written By: Bobby on 08/02/08 at 4:14 pm

The passengers pretty much feared for their own safety.  From the news reports I saw on TV, several of the witnesses said that it would have been too late because he'd already been stabbed several times before anyone really noticed.  How do you not notice a guy getting stabbed even once? 

This is stuff I simply find disgusting and incomprehensible yet fascinating at the same time . . . What possesses someone to not only stab another random person 50-60 times with a big knife but go to the trouble of decapitating his head and carving up his body afterwards?  ???

People were watching a Zorro film or falling asleep while the murderer in the back seats was hacking into the sleeping man without a trace of anger or emotion in his face. The bloke within eyesight was reading a book at the time this was going on and started to alert the passengers once he realised what was happening.

The murderer and victim hadn't spoken to each other beforehand (the victim was asleep propped against the window with his headphones on), the attack was unprovoked and had not sat next to each other the whole of the way. The murderer only changed seats after a stop-off where he had a cigarette break with a woman.

But even then . . . apparently, the mess this murderer made should have alerted someone perhaps?

As baffling as the event itself, the suspect charged with second degree murder, Vince Weiguang Li, does not have a criminal record.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 4:38 pm

THAT'S HORRIBLE!  I mean I know sometimes you wind up sitting next to annoying people but really that's taking way annoyance too far.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/08 at 9:16 pm

The driver should bear some of the legal responsibility.  It takes a bit of time to saw a man's head off.  He could have had the cops down there sooner!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/02/08 at 11:58 pm

This is stuff I simply find disgusting and incomprehensible yet fascinating at the same time . . . What possesses someone to not only stab another random person 50-60 times with a big knife but go to the trouble of decapitating his head and carving up his body afterwards?  ???

People were watching a Zorro film or falling asleep while the murderer in the back seats was hacking into the sleeping man without a trace of anger or emotion in his face. The bloke within eyesight was reading a book at the time this was going on and started to alert the passengers once he realised what was happening.

The murderer and victim hadn't spoken to each other beforehand (the victim was asleep propped against the window with his headphones on), the attack was unprovoked and had not sat next to each other the whole of the way. The murderer only changed seats after a stop-off where he had a cigarette break with a woman.

But even then . . . apparently, the mess this murderer made should have alerted someone perhaps?

As baffling as the event itself, the suspect charged with second degree murder, Vince Weiguang Li, does not have a criminal record.

Didn't he also start to cannibalize the poor guy?  Tia does have a point also, some drugs cause people to do bizzare stuff.  The lack of emotion in that guy also is evident of that.

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/08 at 11:59 pm

They announced on the news further details of the story.  After he decapitated the guy, then cut him up, he proceeded to eat pieces of what he had just cut up.  Ain't no medication could make someone do that.  This guy is a born wacko, not right upstairs

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 12:06 am

They announced on the news further details of the story.  After he decapitated the guy, then cut him up, he proceeded to eat pieces of what he had just cut up.  Ain't no medication could make someone do that.  This guy is a born wacko, not right upstairs

Medication no.  Illegal drugs perhaps.  He had no prior record.  What would cause him to snap?  Most people who are born socialpaths are in constant trouble with the law.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/08 at 12:22 am

wow. that's frickin sick. 8-P

Written By: wildcard on 08/03/08 at 12:59 am

Excuse me while I throw up.  Perhaps someone on illegal drugs and watching some horror movie or something.  I also find it interesting that this person went through all the trouble to cut the victim up not just stab the person.       

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 7:19 am

Didn't he also start to cannibalize the poor guy?  Tia does have a point also, some drugs cause people to do bizzare stuff.  The lack of emotion in that guy also is evident of that.

As Jason pointed out, the murderer did eat parts of Tim McLean. At the time, I didn't know whether that was true or not so decided not to mention it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 9:35 am

I've been thinking, doesn't it taken some sort of "know how" to behead someone?  Not only that he had the "rambo knife" on his person.  Perhaps there was intent.  A person who is suicidal could also intend on taking someone else with them.  Had the police not been involved Li would have probably turned that knife on himself.  The matter in which he went about it was commonly done in China before firing squad was preferred method of execution.  I don't think he just "snapped".  It was planned.

Written By: wildcard on 08/03/08 at 11:06 am

I don't think he suddenly snapped either.  I think something got in his mind to make the victim his target.  It Could have been planned but why not just kill the victim and save time carving him? 

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 11:06 am

I've been thinking, doesn't it taken some sort of "know how" to behead someone?  Not only that he had the "rambo knife" on his person.  Perhaps there was intent.  A person who is suicidal could also intend on taking someone else with them.  Had the police not been involved Li would have probably turned that knife on himself.  The matter in which he went about it was commonly done in China before firing squad was preferred method of execution.  I don't think he just "snapped".  It was planned.

I'm thinking... not a lot of know how needed. Probably anyone who's quartered a chicken can master a beheading.  Its the controlling the victim without sedating them in some way that would be tricky.  He had to be one strong dude.

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 11:55 am

I'm thinking... not a lot of know how needed. Probably anyone who's quartered a chicken can master a beheading.  Its the controlling the victim without sedating them in some way that would be tricky.  He had to be one strong dude.

Vince Li did have employment with McDonalds in Edmonton at one point (not too sure in what capacity). From my experience, it is usually the kitchen porter who cuts and prepares the meat.

There is one thesis I could put across and that is untreated paranoid schitzophrenia. The murderer was either misinterpreting noises (like the music in Tim Mclean's ears) as something more sinister than it was, therefore attacking Tim Mclean and not other's nearby (in the same way David 'Son of Sam' Berkowitz was 'told' to kill people through his neighbour's dog). However, that said, I guess a paranoid schitzophrenic is more likely to stab someone frantically out of panic than in the robotic way the murderer did . . . I'm at a loss for an explanation, so I am waiting for the court hearing on Tuesday.

One thing I know, crazy or not, the murderer was determined to use that knife one way or another.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 12:55 pm

Vince Li did have employment with McDonalds in Edmonton at one point (not too sure in what capacity). From my experience, it is usually the kitchen porter who cuts and prepares the meat.

There is one thesis I could put across and that is untreated paranoid schitzophrenia. The murderer was either misinterpreting noises (like the music in Tim Mclean's ears) as something more sinister than it was, therefore attacking Tim Mclean and not other's nearby (in the same way David 'Son of Sam' Berkowitz was 'told' to kill people through his neighbour's dog). However, that said, I guess a paranoid schitzophrenic is more likely to stab someone frantically out of panic than in the robotic way the murderer did . . . I'm at a loss for an explanation, so I am waiting for the court hearing on Tuesday.

One thing I know, crazy or not, the murderer was determined to use that knife one way or another.

there's a sick joke in here about McDonald's, meat preparer and the victim being named McLEan but I will resist the temptation and say only that unless Li worked at a McDonald's processing plant (if there is such a thing) then the only meat preparation he would do at any McDonald's is take the "meat" out of the freezer and remove wax paper, place meat on grill. . .

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/03/08 at 1:27 pm

Right, the key is where to cut.  He didn't have to sedate him, he stabbed him about 30 times before he went for his head.

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 2:25 pm

Already Vince Li is being compared to Clifford Olson and Paul Bernardo among the most notorious serial killers in Canada. 

All that's left now is for Hollywood to start filming "Greyhound Bus Tragedy:  The Vince Li Story" ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 2:32 pm

Already Vince Li is being compared to Clifford Olson and Paul Bernardo among the most notorious serial killers in Canada. 

All that's left now is for Hollywood to start filming "Greyhound Bus Tragedy:  The Vince Li Story" ::)

I was actually wondering which "Ripped From the Headlines" story we would see first  Law & Order: SVU, CI or the original  or would CSI whatever city beat them to the punch. . .

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 3:36 pm

^ It couldn't be a case for CSI because we already know who the killer is.  You can bet for sure if not in an episode of a police drama, there will be a TV movie.  At the moment, not much is known about Vince Li, so maybe Hollywood will just make stuff up like they did with that Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo movie they made

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 5:32 pm

^ It couldn't be a case for CSI because we already know who the killer is.  You can bet for sure if not in an episode of a police drama, there will be a TV movie.  At the moment, not much is known about Vince Li, so maybe Hollywood will just make stuff up like they did with that Karla Homolka/Paul Bernardo movie they made

well they could put a twist on the story and have it be a city bus with a few passengers and a suspect who got a way.  No two witness ever agree on what they saw so there would be the mystery.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/08 at 5:53 pm

Well if it were a woman who was either the killer or victim, this coulda been great meat for a Lifetime Channel made-for-the-boob-tube flick.

I definitely could see this as a flick made for Spike TV though.

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 6:23 pm

Has Vince Li killed before this incident?

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 6:53 pm

Has Vince Li killed before this incident?

As far as police records go, he hasn't, but you never know.  Some people who have killed have gone decades before their caught.  A famous example of that is Larry Fisher.  In his case though, he had a criminal record for other crimes, but not one for murder until his final arrest

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 7:44 pm

As far as police records go, he hasn't, but you never know.  Some people who have killed have gone decades before their caught.  A famous example of that is Larry Fisher.  In his case though, he had a criminal record for other crimes, but not one for murder until his final arrest

Yeah, but it's dodgy ground labelling someone a serial killer until it is proven he is one.

However, I wonder if Vince Li was born in Canada or whether he is an immigrant? If Canada is even remotely like the UK (who seem useless when it comes to stopping illegal immigrants entering the country and just as useless when it comes to stopping illegal immigrants with gross criminal records from other countries . . .) then this could be a factor?

He may have a clean criminal record as far as Canada is concerned but if he is an immigrant, it wouldn't be so obvious, especially if he left his home country due to his crimes?

Just a thought as we are all speculating right now . . .

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 8:33 pm

Also the BTK killer he didn't have a record (that I'm aware of) either.

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/03/08 at 11:22 pm

Who could really know what goes on in someone eles head!????
I just know I wouldn't want to be a bus driver as driving long hours & babysitting as well.
Those drivers got bad situations sometimes & in areas like the middle of nowhere is usually when trouble strikes!
Back a few years ago in northern Ontario some nut job was thrown off the bus & OPP held him till the next bus arrived...They put him on saying to the bus driver & passengers "don't make eye contact"
After it left town....The nut grabbed the steering wheel & demanded to be put off but the bus went over a cliff & fell 60meters , killing an elderly woman......This happened in winter .Had this happened in summer the cops would have driven him out of town & said keep going!!!
Better idea to own a car!!!
But really would you just try to get out of the way of a dangerous situation like that incident or would you try to stop a guy wielding a knife stabbing someone????? :o
Sad story !

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 4:02 am

But really would you just try to get out of the way of a dangerous situation like that incident or would you try to stop a guy wielding a knife stabbing someone????? :o
Sad story !

In my eyes, the passengers did the right thing. 

It seems to me that Tim Mclean was pretty much as good as dead when he got noticed, trying to save him at that point would only jeopardise other passengers on the bus. Yes, one man got killed but if they tackled a maniac in possession of a big knife, it could have been a right bloodbath in there.

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/08 at 11:06 am

It seems to me that Tim Mclean was pretty much as good as dead when he got noticed, trying to save him at that point would only jeopardise other passengers on the bus. Yes, one man got killed but if they tackled a maniac in possession of a big knife, it could have been a right bloodbath in there.

you speak the truth

Written By: Jessica on 08/04/08 at 11:27 am

Yup.

Also, if you think about it, buses are very cramped already.  If it was a full bus and such, with luggage all over and people spread every which way, there would be no room to tackle or subdue this wackjob without more injuries or casualties.  That's why it sort of irks me that people are saying the other passengers were cowards for not coming to the aid of the guy or stopping the maniac.

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 5:10 pm

Yup.

Also, if you think about it, buses are very cramped already.  If it was a full bus and such, with luggage all over and people spread every which way, there would be no room to tackle or subdue this wackjob without more injuries or casualties.  That's why it sort of irks me that people are saying the other passengers were cowards for not coming to the aid of the guy or stopping the maniac.

That's true. A combined space means more people are going to get hit at close range with a knife. I think we ought to ask 'is it wrong to be afraid?' There is a huge difference between tackling a sane man and an insane one.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/04/08 at 5:13 pm

That's true. A combined space means more people are going to get hit at close range with a knife. I think we ought to ask 'is it wrong to be afraid?' There is a huge difference between tackling a sane man and an insane one.

True. There's also a huge difference between confronting a person who is threatening with a weapon and one who is using it.

Ant

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 6:15 pm

True. There's also a huge difference between confronting a person who is threatening with a weapon and one who is using it.

Another very good point.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 08/04/08 at 6:57 pm

I heard about this horrifying incident... beyond comprehension... :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/08 at 9:32 pm

Also the BTK killer he didn't have a record (that I'm aware of) either.

Don't forget the BK killer!
http://www.valleywag.com/assets/resources/2007/01/burger-king-tray.jpg

He force feeds you 40 pounds of the stuff and the next morning....He doesn't shoot you!

A real sadist, this one!
http://freshpeel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/The_Burger_King.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 08/04/08 at 10:05 pm

He force feeds you 40 pounds of the stuff and the next morning....He doesn't shoot you!

A real sadist, this one!

Oh good I'm not the only one around here with a sick sense of humor.... doesn't make the topic any less horrific....it's just  :-\\ sometimes I see the funny where others don't

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/04/08 at 10:47 pm

Oh good I'm not the only one around here with a sick sense of humor.... doesn't make the topic any less horrific....it's just  :-\\ sometimes I see the funny where others don't

Relax, that's perfectly normal.  Nothing worth losing your head over :)

Written By: Jessica on 08/04/08 at 11:01 pm

That's so bad...and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it first. :D

Written By: La Roche on 08/04/08 at 11:22 pm

Don't worry, I've just been busy this week.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/05/08 at 12:10 am

That's so bad...and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it first. :D

Hey, being the first to bring a thread down to this level is sorta like that movie, The Highlander.  There can be only one!

/upgrades my one-way coach ticket to hell to first class :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/05/08 at 12:34 am

Hey, being the first to bring a thread down to this level is sorta like that movie, The Highlander.  There can be only one!

I'm on that bus too....um sorry but the seat next to me is already taken.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/05/08 at 12:44 am

I'm on that bus too....um sorry but the seat next to me is already taken.

It's cool.  I get your point :) 

Written By: Bobby on 08/05/08 at 5:56 am

Bad-doom-tish!

Heh heh.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/08 at 9:00 am

Foo Bar made a funny!!!! :D

Written By: SemperYoda on 08/05/08 at 3:30 pm

How long does it take to behead someone?  Some of the passengers got some courage to keep the wacko on the bus, however, how could they not know what was going on?  I just dont understand why anyone around this happening would let it happen.  I guess thats easy for me to say, but it just seems odd. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/08 at 3:50 pm

How long does it take to behead someone?  Some of the passengers got some courage to keep the wacko on the bus, however, how could they not know what was going on?  I just dont understand why anyone around this happening would let it happen.  I guess thats easy for me to say, but it just seems odd. 

It takes a little bit more than 10 minutes.  However the guys from Al Quida had some practice.  You can't do it in one blow, especially with a knife.

Written By: Bobby on 08/05/08 at 4:52 pm

The situation in itself is odd, SemperYoda. When people are passengers on any transport they don't expect anything like they have witnessed.

What does seem odd is the two witnesses who were interviewed in those video sections on the websites, they were far too calm and collected for my liking. If I witnessed what they did I would still be a complete state.

Oh, just read that Vince Li emigrated from China to Canada four years ago. So part of my speculation in previous posts are correct. Despite keeping a clean criminal record in Canada for four years, who knew what he was doing prior to this.

Written By: whistledog on 08/05/08 at 9:24 pm

What does seem odd is the two witnesses who were interviewed in those video sections on the websites, they were far too calm and collected for my liking. If I witnessed what they did I would still be a complete state.

Yeah, the one clip I saw, the guy was recapping what he saw in a cool and calm matter, as if to say that sort of thing happens all the time.  I would probably be in a shocked state as well.  Stuff like beheadings and gore happens all the ime in movies, but this is real life.  That guy was far too calm for my liking as well

Written By: Jessica on 08/05/08 at 9:35 pm

Yeah, the one clip I saw, the guy was recapping what he saw in a cool and calm matter, as if to say that sort of thing happens all the time.  I would probably be in a shocked state as well.   Stuff like beheadings and gore happens all the ime in movies, but this is real life.  That guy was far too calm for my liking as well

Probably still in shock.  People react to stuff in different ways.

The latest I read is that he told the judge to, "Just kill me."  It also went on to explain that no one knew that he had decapitated the victim until he displayed the head to passengers as they were leaving the bus.

Hey, I also heard a story from somewhere (I'll see if I can find the source) that a lady has come forward about ANOTHER incident that happened on a Greyhound bus earlier this year.  Apparently some guy locked himself in the washroom and started SCALPING himself.  Totally bizarre.

Here's the scalping story:
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=889d26b5-c212-4f43-8ed4-a443ccb00fa2

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 11:05 pm

A person decapitate another person isn't thinking that far ahead! (nyuk nyuk nyuk!).  They're thinking about the various amounts of pressure it's going to take to saw through bone versus tendon!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/05/08 at 11:26 pm

The situation in itself is odd, SemperYoda. When people are passengers on any transport they don't expect anything like they have witnessed.

Exactly.  The guy's dead.  If I'd been there and had been watching a guy saw up the corpse, and someone suggested rushing the guy, I'd suggest something like "You bash the Balrog, I'll climb that tree."  After the victim's dead, the only useful thing to do is to keep the suspect stuck in the bus, which is apparently what they did.

Besides, the passengers had a pretty good excuse not to expect someone to go postal on a bus...

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/125741/0/geryh.gif

Someone in Greyhound's marketing department is gonna have to buy his/her co-workers a lot of beers to live that down.

I suppose it could have been worse.  "Greyhound!  Where will you be heading?"

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/08 at 11:26 pm

A real sadist, this one!

The King is a real bastard.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/mcdonalds.gif

Or is he?!?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 11:27 pm

Exactly.  The guy's dead.  If I'd been there and had been watching a guy saw up the corpse, and someone suggested rushing the guy, I'd suggest something like "You bash the Balrog, I'll climb that tree."  After the victim's dead, the only useful thing to do is to keep the suspect stuck in the bus, which is apparently what they did.

Besides, the passengers had a pretty good excuse not to expect someone to go postal on a bus...

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/125741/0/geryh.gif

Someone in Greyhound's marketing department is gonna have to buy his/her co-workers a lot of beers to live that down.

It was even worse than the fate of Ratzo Rizzo!
:P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 11:28 pm

The King is a real bastard.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/mcdonalds.gif

Or is he?!?  ???

I gotcha bud, but that graphic is fogging the board up!
:o

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/05/08 at 11:31 pm

I gotcha bud, but that graphic is fogging the board up! :o

Are you suggesting there's a something in the road (a head?)  Our next stop, the BK Zone?

*rimshot*

(or is that *BOOM!  Headshot!* :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 11:34 pm

Are you suggesting there's a something in the road (a head?)  Our next stop, the BK Zone?

*rimshot*

(or is that *BOOM!  Headshot!* :)

Neither one particularly appeals to me!
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/08 at 11:34 pm

I gotcha bud, but that graphic is fogging the board up!
:o
Yeah, my Photobucket is acting kinda weird right now.  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 08/06/08 at 5:35 pm

Yeah, the one clip I saw, the guy was recapping what he saw in a cool and calm matter, as if to say that sort of thing happens all the time.  I would probably be in a shocked state as well.   Stuff like beheadings and gore happens all the ime in movies, but this is real life.  That guy was far too calm for my liking as well

As Jessica said people do cope with different stuff all the time (and I think he said he was with the forces at one time so may be accustomed to blood and guts) but I still think both men were too cool and collected after what they had just witnessed . . . Maybe it's just me but I doubt someone would get a conversation out of me after that.

Written By: Bobby on 08/06/08 at 5:43 pm

One theory that I put across previously is that Li possibly had paranoid scitzophrenia - by the sounds of it I wasn't far off . . .

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=702661

Written By: Macphisto on 08/06/08 at 6:02 pm

I'm against the death penalty, but I'm in favor of euthanasia.  This guy reportedly begged for the authorities to kill him.  I say, why not fulfill his wish?

Written By: limblifter on 08/06/08 at 9:59 pm

I'm against the death penalty, but I'm in favor of euthanasia.  This guy reportedly begged for the authorities to kill him.  I say, why not fulfill his wish?

I say let him live. He had plenty of opportunity to kill himself that night, but decided not to. He brutally murdered someone while they were sleeping, but he's too much of a coward to off himself so he wants someone else to do it for him.

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/08 at 12:52 am

Latest report I read was that when he went to the guy, the first stab was right in his heart, so had the passengers attempted to help, it wouldn't have done much good anyway.  The guy was already dead after that first stab.  They never said how many times he was stabbed (i don't think), but it was over 50 times

When they arrested him, they found more pieces of the dead body in baggies in his possession

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/08 at 9:50 pm

Latest report I read was that when he went to the guy, the first stab was right in his heart, so had the passengers attempted to help, it wouldn't have done much good anyway.  The guy was already dead after that first stab.  They never said how many times he was stabbed (i don't think), but it was over 50 times

When they arrested him, they found more pieces of the dead body in baggies in his possession

To think I used to to complain about seatmates with b.o. and flatulance.  It could have been much worse....

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/08 at 11:05 pm

I suppose it could have been worse. 

Yeah, how'd you like to be the poor schlub who had to clean up the bus so that it could make schedule the next day?  8-P

I now imagine the perp in his jail cell whiling away the time in song:

This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, knife in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you
Caught my attention

I beheaded a guy and I liked it...
Hope my cellmate won't mind it...
I cut him up just to try it...
But they won't let me fry it..

Tasted so raw
Tasted so fine
I won't be hungry tonight

:D

Check for new replies or respond here...