inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does it offend you if people do certain things in public?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/02/08 at 10:39 pm

I was thinking about this today.

I have diabetes, I give myself an insulin injection in my stomach (discreetly), usually trying to turn away and not be obvious and not to expose too much of my Buddha belly to the world.  I do this at the table after I eat.  When I first started giving myself injections, I'd usually excuse myself from the table and give myself an injection in a bathroom stall.  At some point, it kinda turned into a hassel for me to do that, trying to balance my purse, my medicine bag (which is a fairly big shaving kit bag) and preparing the needle all the while sitting on the toilet.  Besides, I kinda felt like a pseudo drug addict, getting a hit in the bathroom.  ::) ;D

So I just started doing it at the table after my meal (as described above.)

I guess what my question is, Is it rude to do that?  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable should they notice me doing it.  Nobody has ever actually said anything to me about it, perhaps I'm being paranoid.  What are your opinions? 

Subject: Re: Does it offend you if people do certain things in public?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/02/08 at 11:15 pm

I have diabetes, I give myself an insulin injection in my stomach (discreetly), usually trying to turn away and not be obvious and not to expose too much of my Buddha belly to the world.  I do this at the table after I eat.  When I first started giving myself injections, I'd usually excuse myself from the table and give myself an injection in a bathroom stall.  At some point, it kinda turned into a hassel for me to do that, trying to balance my purse, my medicine bag (which is a fairly big shaving kit bag) and preparing the needle all the while sitting on the toilet.  Besides, I kinda felt like a pseudo drug addict, getting a hit in the bathroom.   ::) ;D

I guess what my question is, Is it rude to do that?  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable should they notice me doing it.  Nobody has ever actually said anything to me about it, perhaps I'm being paranoid.   What are your opinions? 

I don't think it's "rude" at all. I wouldn't be offended in seeing someone inject themselves with insulin, though it would pique my curiousity if in a public setting like a restaurant. If anyone ever gives you grief for it, you could say "My medical needs override your desire to stuff your face with chili fries!".

I can sympathize though, Patty. I knew that some diabetics had to inject insulin, but it didn't occur to me until now those injections might have to take place in a less than ideal time or setting. I take weekly injections myself (not of insulin), and, though I can do it in privacy, the resulting half-dollar sized red blotches are quite noticeable.

As for the title question, there's lots of things that irritate me in public places, mainly noise issues (screaming kids, people talking TOO LOUDLY and so on). I would take issue with someone shaving at a dinner table (that can wait) or changing a diaper (that's what restrooms are for), but taking, say, asthma medicine, insulin or breastfeeding wouldn't be much of a blip on my radar.

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/02/08 at 11:50 pm

No, it doesn't offend me.  I realize some things are a medical necessity  I had a cather once and it busted.  Needless to say one of my pantlegs was soaked.  Some girl I knew saw this and told everyone I wet myself and I was a "pig".  Some people just need to see things for what they are and be sensitive.  No big deal.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 12:15 am

I agree. It wouldn't offend me but if we're at dinner together I would appreciate the courtesy announcement. "Okay it's time for me to shoot up" or something along those lines.  ;D

I don't mind people who are affectionate in public but I hate it when they overdo it. Shove your tongue down her throat in private please... If it requires you to slurp you should not be doing in front of others  ;D

I also really, really detest it when people blow their noses in public (especially at the dinner table - and especially if I am still eating but you are done).  8-P  I am a very visual person so hearing that act immediately makes me gag.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/08 at 12:20 am

I honestly don't like to see half of a woman's boob out in public (when they are breastfeeding). If they have a blanket that they cover themselves with, fine...but the ones that whip it out and do it...GROSS.

It wouldn't offend me to see someone giving themselves an injection...but it WOULD gross me out..ONLY because I get sick when I see needles/blood/etc...I have a somewhat weak stomach. I know that personally, if I had to do this...I would feel more comfortable doing it out of the public's eye...but that's just my opinion on what would make me more comfortable.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/08 at 7:36 am

Breast feeding in public:  No problem here, although I wonder about some of the gals who seem to be exhibitionist about it, just whip that thang out in the grocery line like they were Janet Jackson.  ::)

Injecting in public:  It is certainly unusual but would not offend me.  Of course some people are going to get the wrong idea and think you are injecting H.   :-\\

Nose blowing at the table:   Please turn away from the table and don't pull out some nasty-ass shredded kleenex in which you have likely deposited your mucus before.  8-P

PDOA: (Public display of affection) - I agree, when the tongues come out it is time to do so in private.

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 2:28 pm

The only thing I really find wrong is when someone calls attention to their farts.  I mean if you're in public, and one accidentally slips out, there's nothing you can do, but don't friggin lift your leg or squeeze your cheeks hard so it emulates the sound

I honestly don't like to see half of a woman's boob out in public (when they are breastfeeding).

I like to see a woman's whole boobs out in public :D  They've actually passed a law here that women can walk around topless, but I've only ever seen it once

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/08 at 5:50 pm

I like to see a woman's whole boobs out in public :D  They've actually passed a law here that women can walk around topless, but I've only ever seen it once

Well, whistle, I imagine it gets kinda cold up there in the Great White North.  :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/03/08 at 5:51 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with you giving yourself a shot at all, Patty.  Especially since you said you try to be discreet about it.  No biggie.  I doubt most people even notice it.

I also have no issue with breastfeeding.  It's the most natural thing in the world.  

I do think it's rude to blow one's nose loudly at the table.  Obviously there are times when it can't be helped, but there are some situations where people are making all sorts of rude noises and blowing excessively, and I don't see why they can't just go into the bathroom for 5 minutes for that.  That's a situation where everyone in the resturant can clearly hear the person, and like Snozberries said, it can be a little off-putting when someone is trying to eat.

As for PDA, I think it's bad manners.  There's a time and a place for everything.  A kiss here and there is fine, but let's all try and fondle each other at home, please.

I also really really hate it when people talk loudly either to each other or on their cell phones.  Like, they're practically yelling across the room.  What is up with that?

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 6:35 pm

Breastfeeding: It's not something that bothers me too much but is it neccessary? There are breast-milk pumps for that. Use that in the privacy of home and stick the milk in a bottle before taking the baby out.

PDOA: It doesn't bother me if I am walking past to go somewhere else, though it would probably irritate me if I was stuck in a room with two people tongue-wrestling each other all night.

Insulin jabs: If it's got to be done, it's got to be done.

Noseblowing: Depends on the circumstances. If a person has a cold/is ill then I'm pretty okay with that but if someone just wants to blow their snot everywhere then it's disgusting.

Farting: If deliberate, it gets a smirk from me. If not, I laugh out loud.

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/08 at 7:00 pm

Well, whistle, I imagine it gets kinda cold up there in the Great White North.   :P

On cold days, there are pokies too LOL  So it's pretty much exciting all year round up here :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/08 at 7:18 pm

Yes.  Though it is important to parse the trule offensive from the merely annoying--examples:

Truly offensive:

Intrafamilial violence
Any physical violence in close proximity to me
Animal cruelty
Defecation
Intoxication with menacing behavior
Gross guys exposing themselves (beautiful women generally don't do this! :P )

Merely annoying:
LOUD EMOTIONAL cell phone exchanges
Dysfunctional family behavior without violence
Intoxicated obnoxiousness (sans menace)
Sober obnoxiousness
Spitting
Peeing
Excessive profanity
Patrons who hold up the queue b*tching at the staff of a given establishment over piddly sh*t.
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/03/08 at 7:33 pm

I have to put a damper on this.  I think it would be rude of someone to inject themselves in the belly at the dinner table.  I know quite a few diabetics and they would never consider doing this when out to eat.  At home, yes, but not in a restaurant.  Most restaurants are quite sanitary, well, who would eat anywhere with a skanky bathroom?  Many have baby changing facilities that could be used to place what you need, or counters to put your bag on, no need to sit in a stall.  You could have a small carrier with what you need and leave everything else with whomever you are dining with. 

Written By: Stompgal on 08/04/08 at 6:09 am

Here are some of the things that have offended me in public:

A British man peeing on some rocks at a beach in Spain.
People fighting with, swearing at or hitting other people in public.
People playing their music loudly on public transport.
People speaking loudly on their mobile phones when they were in a rage.
A young woman 'pole dancing' on a Tube train

Written By: gibbo on 08/04/08 at 8:35 am

On cold days, there are pokies too LOL  So it's pretty much exciting all year round up here :D

I love to play the pokies (slang for poker machines here in OZ)  ;)

Written By: Gis on 08/04/08 at 8:47 am

No the injection thing doesn't bother me at all, we have a couple of diabetics at work who inject at lunchtime so I don't even think about it.

Breastfeeding is fine by me too, most women are very discreet anyway. As I have said before in the 'worst restaurant experience thread' it was when a woman at the next table to us breastfed her baby then pushed the plates aside and changed a diaper on the table that it overstepped the mark!  8-P

I do hate spitting in public, disgusting habit.Far worse is the guys who hold a finger against one nostril and then snork the contents of the other onto the floor.......

Written By: danootaandme on 08/04/08 at 4:49 pm

I do hate spitting in public, disgusting habit.Far worse is the guys who hold a finger against one nostril and then snork the contents of the other onto the floor.......

ABSOLUTE WORST  8-P

Written By: Paul on 08/04/08 at 4:58 pm

The only thing I really find wrong is when someone calls attention to their farts.  I mean if you're in public, and one accidentally slips out, there's nothing you can do, but don't friggin lift your leg or squeeze your cheeks hard so it emulates the sound

Jeezus! You'd 'love' my office...

Some of my co-workers don't so much call attention, rather than give a full-scale announcement as to what comes out of their backsides!  :P

Yes, the phrase 'how old are you?' has passed my lips several times!

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 5:04 pm

A young woman 'pole dancing' on a Tube train

Really? That's quite bizarre, lol. I presume you are talking about the pole supports in the middle of the train?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/04/08 at 5:23 pm

Jeezus! You'd 'love' my office...

Some of my co-workers don't so much call attention, rather than give a full-scale announcement as to what comes out of their backsides!  :P

Yes, the phrase 'how old are you?' has passed my lips several times!

Sounds like you work with a bunch of 'dandies' there, Paul!  ::) :P

Written By: Paul on 08/04/08 at 6:00 pm

Sounds like you work with a bunch of 'dandies' there, Paul!  ::) :P

A bunch of bloody five-year-olds would be a better description!  >:(

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/08 at 6:13 pm

A bunch of bloody five-year-olds would be a better description!  >:(

I work with a load of bores . . . I've been complained about on no less than three times for my adult-orientated conversations and stuff, lol.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/08 at 9:44 pm

A British man peeing on some rocks at a beach in Spain.

But you thought the Spaniard was cool when he did it!

I was going to express my ambivalence about public breastfeeding, but the risk is too great of sounding like Lisa Lamponelli....
:-X
(There are two versions to the ending of that sentence, neither of which would be appropriate here!)

Oh, I remember a punchline, but does anybody remember the joke:

Punch line:  "Gomer, that's not my navel!"
"No, mayum, and that ain't my finger nayther!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/04/08 at 9:46 pm

ABSOLUTE WORST   8-P

ya...snot rockets are NOT very cool. >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/08 at 10:07 pm

ya...snot rockets are NOT very cool. >:(

Snot rockets?  Isn't that slang for cocaine like white lady, nose candy, and booger sugar?
:P

I just though of another (no, not another punchline, don't worry), an other "certain thing" to add:

When somebody uses a handkerchief in a crowd.  I'm not talking about dainty little nappies Victorian ladies use to carry, I'm talking about a snot rag, and you're gonna whip out that awful thing in public and start honking away!
8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/08 at 8:58 am

Spitting in public is very disgusting in my book.  Especially if the person does it continually.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/08 at 8:53 pm

People peeing alog the side of the road is a real turn-off for me.  I mean, cripes.  Some guy is standing beside his car door on I-70 and you see a stream the size of the St Louis Arch.  Don't these morons know that everybody can see them whizzing???  ::)

Written By: Jessica on 08/05/08 at 9:04 pm

People peeing alog the side of the road is a real turn-off for me.  I mean, cripes.  Some guy is standing beside his car door on I-70 and you see a stream the size of the St Louis Arch.  Don't these morons know that everybody can see them whizzing???  ::)

Fourth of July.  We were walking back from the Point and some dude was pissing on a tree.  I guess he thought it was safe to do because it was dark and stuff, but considering there were a ton of people walking back to Hyde Park after watching the fireworks....yeah. ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/08 at 11:33 pm

Once I was at a mall, and there was a rather attractive twenty-something woman with a boy who was about 3 and who was whining about something. She grabbed him by the arm and told him to "Shut the f*ck up, right now!"

That was a major turn-off for me, I shudder when I think about how some of these kids are going to turn out.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/08 at 11:41 pm

The alpha dog don't care whether's you see him whizzing or you don't!  You don't like it, WTF you prepared to do about it, boy?
8)

But hey, when you gotta go you gotta go!  I just say it makes it safer on the highway without guys full of Budweiser trying to pee it back in the bottle while they''re driving.  That's waaay mre dangerous than a cell phone!  And it ain't like he's taking a leak right where I'm gong to walk.  I'll be 20 miles away in five minutes!  Why would I care.  Now if the guy isn't self conscious, and I don't care...we could both wind up in the pokey!

:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/08 at 11:45 pm

As an ex-trucker, I can tell you that one thing that drove me nuts was when other truckers would pee in plastic bottles and then pitch them on the side of the road. The sight of twenty or thirty urine-filled Aquafina bottles sitting on the side of the road and glistening in the sun was one that truly disgusted me. Buncha scumbags.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/08 at 12:34 am

As an ex-trucker, I can tell you that one thing that drove me nuts was when other truckers would pee in plastic bottles and then pitch them on the side of the road. The sight of twenty or thirty urine-filled Aquafina bottles sitting on the side of the road and glistening in the sun was one that truly disgusted me. Buncha scumbags.  >:(

Then you see the court-ordered community service guys picking up all those pee bottles on the side of the ro-ad!

Written By: Gis on 08/06/08 at 3:32 am

New thing they are trialing here in the U.K. If you are caught peeing in the street they give you a bucket and a mop and make you clear up after yourself!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/08 at 7:03 pm

Oh, you mean the infamous "trucker-bombs".

You truly are civilized AL-B. :)

Written By: Davester on 08/07/08 at 7:46 pm

I have diabetes, I give myself an insulin injection in my stomach (discreetly), usually trying to turn away and not be obvious and not to expose too much of my Buddha belly to the world.  I do this at the table after I eat.  When I first started giving myself injections, I'd usually excuse myself from the table and give myself an injection in a bathroom stall.  At some point, it kinda turned into a hassel for me to do that, trying to balance my purse, my medicine bag (which is a fairly big shaving kit bag) and preparing the needle all the while sitting on the toilet.  Besides, I kinda felt like a pseudo drug addict, getting a hit in the bathroom.   ::) ;D

I guess what my question is, Is it rude to do that?  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable should they notice me doing it.  Nobody has ever actually said anything to me about it, perhaps I'm being paranoid.   What are your opinions? 

Personally, I wouldn't find it rude, but would probably "WTF" to myself and, maybe, my date while trying not to appear as though I looked and continue with my steak and baked potato.  It wouldn't take much for me to deduce that you were most likely injecting some medication so I wouldn't be ready to call the police.  You said in a bathroom stall so I take it you mean you're at the table in a restaraunt.  I may, or may not, be alone in that reasoning but just for the sake of good taste and common courtesy, injecting medications, applying eyedrops &etc (in the absence of an emergency) are probably things best taken care of in a discreet manner, i.e. not at the table...

IMO...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/08 at 9:48 pm

New thing they are trialing here in the U.K. If you are caught peeing in the street they give you a bucket and a mop and make you clear up after yourself!

Because one of the best ways to discourage depravity of character is public shaming! Wait a minute...

On a pragmatic level, it's a lot less fun to clean up the mess than to make the mess, and then what do you do when your fiance's parents drive by and seeing you with a mop and bucket and wearing a sandwichboard that says
"Hello my name is:
I.P. Freely"

I got this notion early from my stepmother who was dean of students at a prep school:
One time she watched some kids sneak out of a dorm in the middle of the night and watched them move all the garbage cans, recreational equipment, old tires, benches, maintenance devices, and heavy stones from the athletic fields into the middle of the road.  She could have stopped them the minute they stepped out that door...on the other hand, it's more fun to watch, and much less fun for the kids to move all the garbage cans, recreational equipment, old tires, benches, maintenance devices, and heavy stones from the road back to their rightful places on the fields...

I'm not saying you can't get away with stuff like that prep school, just remember some of the faculty might be insomniacs!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/08 at 10:49 pm

But what if the pee-er has uromisitisis?  Seem unfair to punish that person...

Written By: gibbo on 08/08/08 at 6:58 am

But what if the pee-er has uromisitisis?  Seem unfair to punish that person...

Maybe they should be put on trial by a jury of their pee-ers?  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/08 at 2:04 pm

It was right after our wedding and we went out to dinner. My step-daughter was breast feeding and did it right there at the table. No one at our table even flinched (in fact, my mother commented how nice that was). However, we heard comments from a couple sitting at the next table as to how "disgusting" that was. Some people mentioned that a breast feeding mother should go into the ladies' room. My step-daughter's comment to that is, "Would you want to eat in the bathroom?"

As for someone taking insulin at the table, I wouldn't want to SEE it because I have an acute case of needle-itis and really can't stand to see needles in any way, shape or form-but that is just me. If someone NEEDS to take it, than they need to take it. It is a necessity and must be done. I can just look away.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/08 at 11:19 pm

Maybe they should be put on trial by a jury of their pee-ers?   ;)

Oh, some of them might even be in the book of Pee-rage!
:-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/08 at 11:24 pm

One time they were showing results of breast implant surgery on Oprah or something and they blurred out the nipples.  The surgeon most have called it unfair to his work

Written By: gibbo on 08/09/08 at 1:32 am

Oh, some of them might even be in the book of Pee-rage!
:-\\

Yes... :-\\ ;D  I see many piers down at the bay........ :-[

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/08 at 6:51 am

One time they were showing results of breast implant surgery on Oprah or something and they blurred out the nipples.  The surgeon most have called it unfair to his work

Shoot... I oughtta start putting Oprah on Tivo.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/08 at 9:20 pm

Here's something:

When people impose the private on the public.  Like people having such loud sex it wakes up the neighbors.  I've had this happen to me, and pretty sure I've been a party to it a few times...

Written By: Satish on 08/09/08 at 9:56 pm

Yes.  Though it is important to parse the trule offensive from the merely annoying--examples:

Truly offensive:

Intrafamilial violence
Any physical violence in close proximity to me
Animal cruelty
Defecation
Intoxication with menacing behavior
Gross guys exposing themselves (beautiful women generally don't do this! :P )

Merely annoying:
LOUD EMOTIONAL cell phone exchanges
Dysfunctional family behavior without violence
Intoxicated obnoxiousness (sans menace)
Sober obnoxiousness
Spitting
Peeing
Excessive profanity
Patrons who hold up the queue b*tching at the staff of a given establishment over piddly sh*t.

Some of this behaviour isn't just offensive, it's truly depraved!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/08 at 9:58 pm

Sometimes it offends me when I see a hot girl with some moron who probably doesn't even know what 2+2 is.  I think "What's she doing with a jerk like him when she can be with me" :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/08 at 10:08 pm

Sometimes it offends me when I see a hot girl with some moron who probably doesn't even know what 2+2 is.  I think "What's she doing with a jerk like him when she can be with me" :D

As Bill Hicks used to sing, and what bears repeating: Chicks Dig Jerks!

(If your man is not a jerk, then I'm not talking about you.)\ ;)

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/09/08 at 11:24 pm

Butt scratching, butt crack, anything and all things related to the well known “ass” offenses in public.

Not sure how you feel about it, and I know sometimes we all get that itch that needs to be scratched, but nothing turns me off right away than seeing someone get a big scratch of their butt going on. Especially if you’re a customer service person or someone working in the public domain this is a big issue with me. I’ve literally walked away from the deli service counter when the server turned around and (probably) unconsciously scratched his muffin. Yuck I don’t want you touching my food or anything I might want to come in contact with me after seeing that. Its not an easy thing to forget, and I don’t want that image coming up the next time I bite into my ham sandwich.

Ditto my disgust for random flashes of ass crack. Now, I realize there may be some beautiful butts out there, but the majority of those showing off their bun split are NOT of the beautiful people. I don’t want to see them and you shouldn’t be showing it. I don’t want to see Chester’s the septic tank cleaners butt crack, and to make this an equal gender rant, I don’t want to see Betty Sues “tramp stamp” or the color of your thong. In some cases you’ve got to wonder if they should even be wearing a thong, how that thong got to be in just that position of a twisted (?) knot on your backside (eww) or how that poor piece of string is holding up under the strain.

How can these people NOT know their butt is hanging out? :o
There should be a law (I know, there already is).

I really don’t have to mention about those socially awkward moments seeing someone with an obvious “butt” issue caught “digging it out”, i.e. trying to rectify a serious wedgie problem... 8-P

And then there is the standby, the granddaddy butt offense in public, farting.
Nuff said?

Written By: Stompgal on 08/10/08 at 9:49 am

Really? That's quite bizarre, lol. I presume you are talking about the pole supports in the middle of the train?

Yes. They were the supports in the middle of the train.

It happened on a Saturday evening when I was leaving King's Cross St.Pancras Tube Station to get to Archway Station after a trip to Madame Tudssauds. During the journey, I was sitting around some young women who were presumably drunk. They were talking and laughing very loudly so I just sat there quietly. When I got off at Archway, the woman danced around the pole support as the train pulled away.

Once I was at a mall, and there was a rather attractive twenty-something woman with a boy who was about 3 and who was whining about something. She grabbed him by the arm and told him to "Shut the f*ck up, right now!"

That was a major turn-off for me, I shudder when I think about how some of these kids are going to turn out.  >:(

That's terrible! Were the security called?

A similar situation happened around me last year. It was a rainy day in July and I was waiting for the bus outside my local Blockbuster. There was a woman at the bus shelter who swore at her young daughter for thorwing a tantrum. I became agitiated and wanted to go home right away.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/08 at 12:55 pm

There are many "hot girls" who basically have the IQ of a slice of bread, so being with a "jerk" is basically all they have the brains for.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/08 at 7:51 pm

Guys who sit on the couch and put their hand down the front of their pants bother me.  Can't say I have ever done that, never understood the urge.

And I used to work with this one guy who was always scratching his 'nads.  I mean, shoot... you would be sitting around a meeting table and like 33% of the time there he was, scratching away.  Didn't matter how many people were around, male or female.  Oddly he did not last at our company all that long.

Written By: Satish on 08/10/08 at 11:31 pm

It depends.... You might find it disgusting, but for people who drink Budweiser, seeing those bottles might actually make them thirsty!  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/11/08 at 1:27 am

It depends.... You might find it disgusting, but for people who drink Budweiser, seeing those bottles might actually make them thirsty!  ;D

Uh, no...I drink Budweiser and believe me, pee bottles do not make me thirsty.  :P

On the other hand, I was in North Dakota a few months back, and I tried this really nasty brew called Grain Belt. It was so vile that if you took one of those pee bottles that had been roasting and fermenting in the hot summer sun for a month or so and chilled it to 35 degrees, and then had me do a blindfolded taste test between that and Grain Belt, well, I'd probably choose the pee.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/08 at 12:26 pm

Uh, no...I drink Budweiser and believe me, pee bottles do not make me thirsty.  :P

On the other hand, I was in North Dakota a few months back, and I tried this really nasty brew called Grain Belt. It was so vile that if you took one of those pee bottles that had been roasting and fermenting in the hot summer sun for a month or so and chilled it to 35 degrees, and then had me do a blindfolded taste test between that and Grain Belt, well, I'd probably choose the pee.  ;D

It's a good thing that I wasn't eating when I read this.  8-P 8-P 8-P

:D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/08 at 10:57 pm

Guys who sit on the couch and put their hand down the front of their pants bother me.  Can't say I have ever done that, never understood the urge.

And I used to work with this one guy who was always scratching his 'nads.  I mean, shoot... you would be sitting around a meeting table and like 33% of the time there he was, scratching away.  Didn't matter how many people were around, male or female.  Oddly he did not last at our company all that long.

AKA "pocket pool," sometimes misnomered "pocket-pull," you got your cue and....
:-X

Neil Page: Name one thing that annoys you about me!
Dell Griffith: You like to play with your balls a lot.
Neil Page: Dell, I do not play with my balls...you know what would make me happy?
Dell Griffith: An extra set of fingers and a couple more balls?

--Planes, Trains and automobiles

As for the grandaddy fart clause, yeah some of those old buzzards get real nasty, but they can't help it can they?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/03/08 at 11:42 pm

I know its not my business but... i hate when some piece of trash insults or abuses their children in public.  i have a huge mouth and I always say something back to them and I wanna tell the kid, when ur old enough. RUN AWAY!
The thing, the trash gets mad at me for making them feel bad in public yet they think nothing of doing that to a CHILD

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/08 at 4:45 am

\

and then he'd reach into the pretzel bowl right?  I know....ewwww 

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/04/08 at 2:47 pm

As Bill Hicks used to sing, and what bears repeating: Chicks Dig Jerks!

(If your man is not a jerk, then I'm not talking about you.)\ ;)

Ah.. another Bill Hicks fan. Gotta love it. Wish he was still alive, he would have had a field day with this Bush.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/08 at 11:22 pm

Ah.. another Bill Hicks fan. Gotta love it. Wish he was still alive, he would have had a field day with this Bush.

Bill Hicks used to joke about dying of cancer at an early age...and then he died of cancer at an early age.  He just couldn't quit them smokes!
:\'(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/10/08 at 12:25 am

I saw it happen today.... 8-P 8-P 8-P Spitting.... I know we have to do it but its so SICK!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/10/08 at 10:03 am

I saw it happen today.... 8-P 8-P 8-P Spitting.... I know we have to do it but its so SICK!

People who constantly spit.  That grosses me out to the core.

Written By: gibbo on 09/10/08 at 4:19 pm

I agree Jason....it makes me want to sing..........

Is she really going out with him?
Is she really gonna take him home tonight?
Is she really going out with him?
'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
There's something going wrong around here

Written By: Stompgal on 10/21/08 at 12:16 pm

On Wednesday evenings, I go to a calligraphy class and to go there and back, I take two buses. Last week when I was sitting on the lower deck at the back of the second bus, two ladies were swearing at each other aggressively. One was a middle-aged white woman and the other was South Asian who looked no more than 30. When the Asian woman alighted the bus, the other woman swore at her from the bus. I then heard the driver or another passenger say, "I'm not having this." One lady who got off the bus looked intimidated and when I came home, I burst into tears as I told the night member of staff about the incident. She added that she'd tell my Key Worker and the house psychologist the following day.

I don't have calligraphy for two weeks now, so I may consider changing my route home when I next attend the class.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/21/08 at 7:53 pm

I don't know if this qualifies as "in public" or not...  But you go into the men's room and half the time there is some guy in the next stall who is all  "aaaahhhh... uuuuuhhhhhh,,, whewwwww...."  I mean cripes?  Is the guy giving birth or something?  You'd think that the guy was crapping a chain link fence.  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/08 at 8:11 pm

Bill Hicks used to joke about dying of cancer at an early age...and then he died of cancer at an early age.  He just couldn't quit them smokes!
:\'(

Q: Why is Denis Leary famous?
A: Because there's no cure for cancer.

Ant

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/08 at 7:31 am

Q: Why is Denis Leary famous?
A: Because there's no cure for cancer.

Ant

oooooh, you had to say that name. Pond scum that guy, the Jimmy Paige of the comic world.  Stole that routine from Bill Hicks and lots more from his fellow Boston area comics. 

Check for new replies or respond here...