inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vietnam to deport glam rocker Glitter to Britain

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/08 at 5:22 pm

Convicted sex maniac Gary Glitter is going to be deported back to Britain upon his release from a Vietnamese prison.  He says that he does not want to live in Britain (I imagine the feeling is mutual) and eventually would like to "settle" in Hong Kong or Singapore.  Why on earth would either of those countries grant a pervert like him resident status?

As to his release from prison... I wonder if they will be playing "Rock and Roll, Part 2" as he boards the airplane?  ;D ;D

Subject: Re: Vietnam to deport glam rocker Glitter to Britain

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 08/14/08 at 7:52 pm

Wasn't he in Cuba? At any rate, if I were to decide where he should reside, I'd probably go for North Korea...well, either that or Neptune  ::).

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/14/08 at 8:54 pm

As to his release from prison... I wonder if they will be playing "Rock and Roll, Part 2" as he boards the airplane?  ;D ;D

I'm thinking more like Hello, hello, I'm back again!

"Hello, hello, it's good to be back, it's good to be back...
Didja miss me - NO! - while I was go-wait, whaddya mean 'NO'??!!"
  - KLF, 2009, Gary Glitter gets kicked out of the JAMs.

And if I had a million pounds (talk about money to burn!), I'd commission KLF to do something just like that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/08 at 8:47 pm

That's fine, squire, just keep him away from the wee ones!
::)

I think I know the reason he moved to Cambodia in the first place.
8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/15/08 at 10:48 pm

That's fine, squire, just keep him away from the wee ones!

Oh, exactly.  The whole point would be to have the KLF completely lambaste the guy, sample the hell out of his earlier works, and not pay him a dime in royalties.  If they got sued for it, they could just put the remaining copies of the record into a huge bonfire, and for that matter, they could burn the proceeds too.  Call it "2012: This Is WTF Is Going On" and release it as a 25th anniversary celebration for 1987: WTF Is Going On.  KLF's about the only outfit that could do it justice.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/16/08 at 9:12 am

Wasn't he in Cuba? At any rate, if I were to decide where he should reside, I'd probably go for North Korea...well, either that or Neptune  ::).

He is running out of places to go to.

After his conviction in 1999, he tried to move to Cuba in 2000.  But the Cuban government learned he was comming, and refused him entry.  After that he went to Cambodia.

After being jailed numerous times for sex offenses in Cambodia, they expelled him in 2002.

In 2005 he was arrested and then convicted of 6 counts of rape and commiting obscene acts with a minot (the girls ranged from 11 to 23).  He should be released on Tuesday.

Heck, if nothing else he can move to Bahrain.  Maybe he can buy a house next door to Michael Jackson.

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 08/16/08 at 9:34 am

After his conviction in 1999, he tried to move to Cuba in 2000.  But the Cuban government learned he was comming, and refused him entry.  After that he went to Cambodia.

After being jailed numerous times for sex offenses in Cambodia, they expelled him in 2002.

In 2005 he was arrested and then convicted of 6 counts of rape and commiting obscene acts with a minot (the girls ranged from 11 to 23).  He should be released on Tuesday.

JESUS. I never knew it was that bad  :o. fudge it, let's deport him to outer space.

Heck, if nothing else he can move to Bahrain.  Maybe he can buy a house next door to Michael Jackson.

LAWL. At least MJ has good songs though, and I wouldn't wish that upon him.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/16/08 at 3:24 pm

Fidel doesn't like crap in his country and Glitter is the epitome of crap.

Cambodia is known for the sex trade.  Had he laid low he may not have ever been caught.

I'm surprised the Vietnamese Government did just put him in front of the firing squad.  They do it in every other case like that.

Bahrain can only handle one flamboyant pedophile.  Michael got there first.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/08 at 10:40 pm

Gary oughta go play ping-pong with Pete Townshend!
:P

Written By: whistledog on 08/17/08 at 6:54 pm

He may be a creepy sicko, but I still love his 1984 hit 'Another Rock and Roll Christmas'

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/08 at 7:16 pm

He may be a creepy sicko, but I still love his 1984 hit 'Another Rock and Roll Christmas'

Yeah, it is kinda the same with flit boy (Michael Jaxon) too. 

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/17/08 at 10:29 pm

Yeah, it is kinda the same with flit boy (Michael Jaxon) too. 

Yeah he could go live on the Neverland ranch with wacko Jacko. Oh no wait didn't he sell that? Does he still live in the U.K ? Jackson I mean.
Gary Glitter looks like something the cat dragged in. I guess that kind of matches his proclivities PIG

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/08 at 12:11 am

Yeah he could go live on the Neverland ranch with wacko Jacko. Oh no wait didn't he sell that? Does he still live in the U.K ? Jackson I mean.
Gary Glitter looks like something the cat dragged in. I guess that kind of matches his proclivities PIG

I wonder if walke in rhinestone-studded high-heel silver boots around the brothels in Cambodia!
8-P

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/19/08 at 3:42 am

Does this pedophile understand why the world now detests him?
In Shacks eyes....hes Track Splatter!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/08 at 5:39 pm

Does this pedophile understand why the world now detests him?
In Shacks eyes....hes Track Splatter!

If having sex with children is wrong, Gary doesn't wanna be right!
8-P

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/08 at 9:02 pm

Well, it seems that there are no direct flights to britain from Viet Nam.

So the Vietnamese put ol' Gary on a flight that goes to Britain via Bangkok.  When he got to Bangkok he refused to get on the airplane to Britain, however the Thais said "sorry Gary but you cannot stay here either".  So he grabbed a flight to Hong Kong.

The Reds found out about his trip, and when he arrived at Hong Kong they, too said "no room at the Inn".

Nobody wants Gary.  I wonder where he ends up? ???

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/20/08 at 9:45 pm

Maybe No. Korea or Russia
Or Italy he could be a castrati, off with his nuts

Written By: Dagwood on 08/20/08 at 11:00 pm

He will spend the rest of his life in various planes with no one letting him stay.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/21/08 at 12:34 am

Send him to Saudi Arabia, see how long he lasts there.  :o

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 08/21/08 at 9:09 am

Send him to Saudi Arabia, see how long he lasts there.  :o

How about we just fly him into the Bermuda Triangle?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 11:27 am

How about we just fly him into the Bermuda Triangle?

You know what they do to child molesters in Saudi Arabia?  It ain't pretty.

Written By: Gis on 08/21/08 at 12:17 pm

He's coming back to the U.K by force apparently. We sure dont' want him.............. 

Written By: Bobby on 08/21/08 at 5:16 pm

He's coming back to the U.K by force apparently. We sure dont' want him.............. 

We certainly don't want Paul Gadd (Gary Glitter's real name). He doesn't want to come back because, as soon as he puts foot on British soil, the least of his worries are he will go on the sex offenders list.

The weird thing is, he still protests his innocence to the point where he wants to write a book that will redeem him.  ???

Like Jason (Whistledog), I love Glitter's old music and especially 'Rock and Roll Christmas' but I always say 'love the music and not the artist' - otherwise we will never listen to anything, lol.

Written By: Paul on 08/21/08 at 5:21 pm

He will spend the rest of his life in various planes with no one letting him stay.

There are, I'm sure, certain countries who'll take a cash backhander to let him in...apparently he's worth an estimated £5million...

Which strikes me as rather odd, as he's been bankrupted twice!

Discharged bankrupt or not, I'm sure a few of his former creditors would like some of that loot!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/08 at 10:44 pm

Maybe he can shack up with Jacko!

Written By: Gis on 08/22/08 at 10:35 am

Maybe he can shack up with Jacko!
All bankrupts together! Tito has just fled the U.K leaving massive debts behind him, he was going to come and settle here 'for good' apparently and 'Michael might even join me'.

Written By: Paul on 08/22/08 at 3:02 pm

Whoop-de-doo! We've got him back!  ::)

The last I heard, he tried to avoid registering as a sex offender by claiming (via his solicitor) that he'd 'had an unfair trial in Vietnam' (!)

Amazingly, the judge who heard this load of claptrap threw this last-gasp chance out...(I say 'amazingly' as some doddering old fools who pass for the judiciary can make some quite jaw-dropping decisions at times!)

Glitter now has three days to 'register', or else face a jail term...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/22/08 at 3:11 pm

Glitter now has three days to 'register', or else face a jail term...

I say throw him in the slammer and let him rot!  :P

Written By: Paul on 08/22/08 at 3:22 pm

Which is what most of the population would rather the authorities did, but...actually, he's a 'free man', so to speak!  :o

All that 'registering' does is legally entitle the authorities to keep a close eye on him...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/22/08 at 5:43 pm

Wall him up in the Tower of London!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 3:21 pm

Wall him up in the Tower of London!

Tower of London is too good for him.  Nobility were tortured and executed there.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 8:27 pm

I still say Off with his nuts and inject him with female hormones ala Richard Speck.....

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/08 at 10:41 pm

I still say Off with his nuts and inject him with female hormones ala Richard Speck.....

I think Speck got to keep his nards, though...

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/08 at 7:05 pm

Convicted sex maniac Gary Glitter is going to be deported back to Britain upon his release from a Vietnamese prison.  He says that he does not want to live in Britain (I imagine the feeling is mutual) and eventually would like to "settle" in Hong Kong or Singapore.  Why on earth would either of those countries grant a pervert like him resident status?

As to his release from prison... I wonder if they will be playing "Rock and Roll, Part 2" as he boards the airplane?   ;D ;D

How about they remix it to add gunfire to it?

(I heard one like that on Bob and Tom, I'll go and look it up)

Edit: Didn't find the parody on Youtube. Darn.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/08 at 11:46 pm

I think Speck got to keep his nards, though...

Hey, Speck's Pecs!

I saw Speck on TV taped a couple of years before he died and he was in the clink boasting about what a great time he was having, and then he did a Specks Gone Wild number--wooo-hoooo!, which they didn't even mosaic!  And then this BIIIIG dude in the cell with him says, "You got dem blue panties on dat I like?"  So Speck drops trou and he's shaking his money-maker into the camera...

Speck said something like, "If they knew how much fun I was a having on the inside, they'd put me back on the outside!"

It's still not as creepy as Charles Manson, though.  Speck was just dumb punk who went berserk.  Manson as a whole psychological subset of paranoia!
:o

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/27/08 at 7:21 pm

Hey, Speck's Pecs!

Yeah I remember that videotape.  Speck was sporting a pretty impressive rack.  Almost bodacious.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/28/08 at 12:34 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif I've never heard of him.  Gonna have to research.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/08 at 7:26 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif I've never heard of him.  Gonna have to research.

Richard Speck is the dirt bag who murdered 8 student nurses back in the mid 1960's.  He was sentenced to life in the Illinois Penal System and perhaps in this case, a life sentence was even better than the death penalty.

He was used as a pass-around boy toy from cell to cell.  Evetually he took some hormone treatments and grew a rack.  Spent close to 40 years in jail before he eventually bit it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/08 at 1:44 pm

Richard Speck is the dirt bag who murdered 8 student nurses back in the mid 1960's.  He was sentenced to life in the Illinois Penal System and perhaps in this case, a life sentence was even better than the death penalty.

He was used as a pass-around boy toy from cell to cell.  Evetually he took some hormone treatments and grew a rack.  Spent close to 40 years in jail before he eventually bit it.

A mass murderer with gender identity issues and no conscience.  At least with Glitter if he's put away he'll probably be a regular old jailbird that everyone's forgotten about.

Written By: Paul on 08/29/08 at 2:09 pm

At least with Glitter if he's put away he'll probably be a regular old jailbird that everyone's forgotten about.

The tabloids over here will certainly make sure he's not forgotten... ::)

(Ironically, they'd better not go too far, or he could start bleating about his 'human rights'!)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/08 at 2:25 pm

The tabloids over here will certainly make sure he's not forgotten... ::)

(Ironically, they'd better not go too far, or he could start bleating about his 'human rights'!)

Tabloids will talk about people 30 years after they've been gone. :P

I would think Glitter considers any form of press a positive.

Written By: Paul on 08/29/08 at 2:29 pm

I would think Glitter considers any form of press a positive.

Right now, I would think quite the opposite...

He'd like to quietly 'slink away' into the background, but he's still Public Enemy #1 right now!

The tabloid hacks (sorry, investigative journalists!) already found where he was 'secretly' living last week!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/08 at 2:33 pm

He'd like to quietly 'slink away' into the background, but he's still Public Enemy #1 right now!

The tabloid hacks (sorry, investigative journalists!) already found where he was 'secretly' living last week!

He's in a situation like Bobby Fisher was in, no country wants him.

Anything for a story, even if it puts someone in danger.  Ethics?  What ethics?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/08 at 5:17 pm

If he shaved that beard off no one will recognise him.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/18/08 at 4:36 pm

on one of those crime shows about California Max prisons those short-eyes & rapists are in a section that gets affected by tides........Thats when all the roaches from the sewers come back up to the cells to escape drowning.......Looks good on them!!

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/18/08 at 6:06 pm

on one of those crime shows about California Max prisons those short-eyes & rapists are in a section that gets affected by tides........Thats when all the roaches from the sewers come back up to the cells to escape drowning.......Looks good on them!!

Maybe one of his victims will get him, ya know throw a pillowcase over his head and beat him to death!!! How cool would that be?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/08 at 3:45 pm

Maybe one of his victims will get him, ya know throw a pillowcase over his head and beat him to death!!! How cool would that be?

Neh, he made sure none of his victims would have access to him.  Had he picked people from either America or Europe then it's a possibility.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/19/08 at 6:18 pm

Neh, he made sure none of his victims would have access to him.  Had he picked people from either America or Europe then it's a possibility.

Thats too bad

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/08 at 10:40 pm

Thats too bad

I know, and you were so hoping for webcam.

Written By: IanG on 09/22/08 at 2:40 pm

They sent him back over here, but we don't want him either!  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...