inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MST3000 of the modern era

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/15/08 at 9:56 am

Anyone really care to see the "Flops" hollywood is cranking out these days!

Death Race??? they took the older version of this "campy" movie & tried to make it into a Macho Movie

Pineapple Express....(proceeds of this film go to help the mentally challenged...It's Writers!)

The House Bunny......Its best (not so funny jokes are displayed in the 30 second commercial)

Tropic Thunder...How come Will ferrel wasn't included in this one (laughter sold separately)

That new one for "DIM Diesel"...same old same old stuff for him....He reminds me of Frank Zappa's song "wind up working in a Gas Station"

Seems like the list of UN ineresting movies goes on & on.
Has Hollywood gone brain dead or are they hoping the movie goers are!

As far as Dr Claton Forester is concerned he will soon have the world in his grasp as Hollywood cranks out the worst movies ever for 2008

Personally they should take these movies & instead of sending troops to die in foregin lands .....
Just Jam the communications grid & feed these movies 24/7 across all networks...
They would be begging to surrender with in a weeks time!
"Please Make it Stop!"

The Disclaimer on these movies should be

"Starts Friday....Available on DVD Monday!" ;D ;D ;D

So go ahead & waste your bucks on them....
misquote on PT Barnham...."A Fool & His Money"

Subject: Re: MST3000 of the modern era

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/15/08 at 10:53 pm

Joe had awakened to a world in crisis. The economy was in a state of deep neglect. A great dust bowl had ravaged food supplies.  And the number one movie in the country was called...

http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/ass_idiocracy.jpg

...and that's all it was.  For 90 minutes.  It won eight Oscars that year, including "Best Screenplay".
  - from the Mike Judge documentary Idiocracy.

Written By: Davester on 08/15/08 at 11:04 pm

The Carl's Jr. thing is wearing a grimace...definately not good...

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/16/08 at 12:01 am

The Carl's Jr. thing is wearing a grimace...definately not good...

*bleep* you, I'm eating.

(Just wait'll you see what Fuddruckers looks like!)

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 08/16/08 at 12:38 pm

I miss MST3000 on tv

Written By: woops on 08/16/08 at 8:55 pm

There should be a show like that now, but with a wider variety of films besides science fiction

Maybe a special with Beavis & Butt-Head watching current MTV and trashing "The Hills", "TRL", etc.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/08 at 10:42 pm

They should do it for C-SPAN!
8)

Written By: Davester on 08/17/08 at 1:03 pm

They should do it for C-SPAN!
8)

Oh man, that's a good idea!  Instead of the robots it could be those puppets like in the "Land of Confusion" video.  One puppet should be Nixon...

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/17/08 at 6:00 pm

They should do it for C-SPAN! 8)

Y'know, it wouldn't take much to turn the State of the Union Drinking Game into a Rocky Horror call-and-response kind of thing. 

The lines are sufficiently predictable that you could start the ball rolling by inviting people over and handing them an RHPS list of responses for the "known" lines, but because nobody in the audience (well, nobody in any audience any of us will ever watch it with) knows the content of the speech in advance, it would immediately turn into a live MST3K-ing of the speech.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/17/08 at 6:20 pm

I miss MST3000 on tv

I want it the series to go through a revival now!

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/17/08 at 9:23 pm

MSTK3000 was the best evr show for old crappy movies...perhaps they should do a movie review or edit them over the films comming out of Hollywood thses days..Then there would be some actual laughter!
first 10 years of mstk were directed by Oakley....He & Wienstien did some of the best ever Simpsons episodes
& later on did Mission Hill series!

PS does anyone know the trucking movie they did!
I downloaded a few of there movies........."Look Polish"from Horror at Party Beach

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/08 at 12:15 am

Y'know, it wouldn't take much to turn the State of the Union Drinking Game into a Rocky Horror call-and-response kind of thing. 

The lines are sufficiently predictable that you could start the ball rolling by inviting people over and handing them an RHPS list of responses for the "known" lines, but because nobody in the audience (well, nobody in any audience any of us will ever watch it with) knows the content of the speech in advance, it would immediately turn into a live MST3K-ing of the speech.

Then they gotta fire the stiffs Brian Lame had on Washington Journal.  Instead, it'll be the Jerky Boys taking calls and talking the issues!
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/19/08 at 12:05 am

MSTK3000 was the best evr show for old crappy movies...perhaps they should do a movie review or edit them over the films comming out of Hollywood thses days..Then there would be some actual laughter!

Here's another way to do it.

Y'know how some movie theaters these days set aside a low-traffic night every week or so for "Mommy night"?  So that people with kids can finally have a "movie night" without worrying about annoying anyone -- because people who want to watch the movie know to stay the hell away that night.  (And people who want to watch the movie can have six nights of relative peace, because people with kids know to stay the hell away the rest of the week!)  Both the parents and the moviegoers are pretty happy with the arrangement.

Well, how about set aside one night a month for MST3K night.  Everyone who wants to watch the movie knows to stay away.  Everyone who wants to feel free to yell out one-liners, knows to show up that night, but to keep it zipped the rest of the time. 

I'd be a regular at any theater that did an MST3K night. 

I've enjoyed many a movie, but I've never had as much fun in a theater, as when I attended the midnight showing on the release day of of Snakes on a Plane.  300-odd nerds, most of whom knew only one line in advance.  We ad-libbed the rest.  There was only one line in the movie during which the theater was silent.  Pure.  Farking.  WIN.  Not one person walked out of that theater before the last end credit had scrolled off, and everyone was smiling.

Rest of the week, I had people bugging me about the movie.  Apparently, my showing was the only showing at which anyone had any fun.  I guess the rest of the film's run, people just sat down and watched the movie, completely missing the point of the exercise.  It's like watching Rocky Horror on DVD... alone.

Clone Wars, I'm glancing in your general direction.  From the reviews alone, something like "MST3K Night" is about the only way any Lucas is gonna make his money back on that one.  I can't be bothered to think about seeing it on DVD, let alone in the theater, but give the Star Wars geeks an MST3K night, and we'll put Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to shame.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/08 at 5:48 pm

Mommy Night?  You don't have to wait for Mommy Night.  Just pop a Valium into the kid's Sprite; he'll clam up!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/sleepy1.gif

Written By: Davester on 08/19/08 at 6:09 pm

Clone Wars, I'm glancing in your general direction.  From the reviews alone, something like "MST3K Night" is about the only way any Lucas is gonna make his money back on that one.  I can't be bothered to think about seeing it on DVD, let alone in the theater, but give the Star Wars geeks an MST3K night, and we'll put Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to shame.

Heh, not on yer life!  That guy won't so much as acknowledge the existence of the Holiday Special (there is yet a clamor for an official DVD release).  Slagging the three latest Star Wars begin to feel like Bush-bashing.  Been there, done that.  Ain't even fun anymore..! :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/08 at 9:25 pm

Triumph the Insult Dog is even lamer than Lisa Laponelli.  Why is it still around?
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/21/08 at 1:41 am

Triumph the Insult Dog is even lamer than Lisa Laponelli.  Why is it still around? ::)

http://www.thrashed.net/swf/triumph_head.jpg

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

(...wait, what?  I keed!  I keed!  Really!  Put down the scoop and step away!)

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/21/08 at 2:02 pm

www.riftrax.com

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/08 at 10:49 pm

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

(...wait, what?  I keed!  I keed!  Really!  Put down the scoop and step away!)

He's not even accidentally funny.  He just sucks.  I'm not joking.
;)

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/14/08 at 9:21 am

Hollywood Moments

Written By: Tia on 01/07/09 at 8:47 am

The House Bunny......Its best (not so funny jokes are displayed in the 30 second commercial)
house bunny wasn't without its redeeming qualities...

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/h/images/house-bunny-2.jpg

:o

pineapple express was totally stupid. and i couldnt even make it through tropic thunder, which surprised me, i kept hearing from everyone how great it was. maybe they were thinking of "apocalypse now."

Written By: Tia on 01/07/09 at 8:48 am

www.riftrax.com
http://www.cinematictitanic.com/

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/11/09 at 9:00 am

I kind of liked Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder...

::)

Check for new replies or respond here...