inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MacKenzie Phillips detained for drugs at LAX

Written By: iquestion on 08/27/08 at 6:01 pm

Did anyone REALLLLY think she kicked the habit?..Previously she'd been fired from ONE DAY AT A TIME, and recently starred in a Disney Show of all things.......

Why isn't she on the new REHAB show?

Subject: Re: MacKenzie Phillips detained for drugs at LAX

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/08 at 6:49 pm

This makes me sad.  I just watched a show on One Day At A Time last night and you could tell she was clean.  I had hoped she had kicked the habit.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/27/08 at 7:02 pm

She's struggled with drug addiction ever since she was a kid.  Her father was the one who got her started.  I do hope she gets better soon.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/27/08 at 7:17 pm

She will just have to learn to deal with her addictions one day at a time...  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/08 at 12:20 am

This makes me sad.  I just watched a show on One Day At A Time last night and you could tell she was clean.  I had hoped she had kicked the habit.

I saw that too...tho it originally aired in 2000.

Lets see her son was 5 in 92 that's when she got clean

he'd be.....  15 in 02 + 6....  yep he's 21 one so I guess she doesn't feel the need to stay alive for him anymore.

It's very sad...

was it me or was Bonnie Franklin still VERY angry about the whole thing?  I thought Mack came across as very straightforward. She made no excuses and took a lot of responsibility.  She understood why Val kept her distance.... I really liked Mack in that interview. If this story is true- I haven't seen the news on it myself- I feel very sorry for Mack. Sobriety is a hard battle but here's hoping they caught it in time and she can take up the fight again.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/28/08 at 6:51 am

he'd be.....  15 in 02 + 6....  yep he's 21 one so I guess she doesn't feel the need to stay alive for him anymore.

It's very sad...

was it me or was Bonnie Franklin still VERY angry about the whole thing?  I thought Mack came across as very straightforward. She made no excuses and took a lot of responsibility.  She understood why Val kept her distance.... I really liked Mack in that interview. If this story is true- I haven't seen the news on it myself- I feel very sorry for Mack. Sobriety is a hard battle but here's hoping they caught it in time and she can take up the fight again.

Don't ya just love Bio Channel?? Between that and A & E, . Well they have a telly incestuous relationship anyway. Notoriuos is just American Justice repackaged but I don't care. I still watch it.
We watched it also, This does make me sad cause her Dad got her into that kinda lifestyle at so early an age. Didn't he give her acid at something like 3 or 4 yrs old?  I really thought she had kicked it.I wish her luck.
Yes I though that she was very straightforward, and accountable for her actions
I got a really angry vibe off Bonnie Franklin from that show last night also. I also though she acted like she thought she was better than everyone else on the show.. maybe that was just me, I kinda never really was a big fan of her in the first place. Oh well seemed a little like sour grapes to me.
Pat Harrington was a hoot though.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/28/08 at 4:08 pm

It's very sad...

was it me or was Bonnie Franklin still VERY angry about the whole thing?   I thought Mack came across as very straightforward. She made no excuses and took a lot of responsibility.  She understood why Val kept her distance.... I really liked Mack in that interview. If this story is true- I haven't seen the news on it myself- I feel very sorry for Mack. Sobriety is a hard battle but here's hoping they caught it in time and she can take up the fight again.

I liked Mack in that interview as well.  Bonnie came across as either mad or snooty. 

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/28/08 at 7:16 pm

This is very sad to hear.....I honestly thought Mackenzie kicked her habit a long time ago.  :(

Written By: midnite on 08/28/08 at 8:31 pm

Everybody knows not to bring drugs to an Airport - there are alot of cops there.  Leave the heroin and meth at home.  She must have been really high!

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/02/08 at 12:08 am

Hum the song
"Teach Your Children Well"
It was "The Mac Daddy" that got her started.....& The chemicals as well (back when it was what it was)
Shes kind of in the Hollywood washout section for actors/actresses
Well at least shes not hanging around the street ciruses

"Out Out Brief Candle"

Check for new replies or respond here...