inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tropic Thunder sucked!

Written By: 80sfan on 09/01/08 at 8:17 pm

I saw this movie and was sooooooooooooooo disappointed. There are people out there who like the movie, and that's okay to me, but the movie 'to me' sucked big time. The jokes weren't funny and it felt like they were trying too hard. I fell asleep about halfway through the movie. Sorry to anyone who liked the movie, but this is just my opinion. And plus, what's up with all the "Scary Movie" wannabe movies like Meet The Spartans and Disaster Movie? Those were lame and the people behind these movies think people today are stupid or something! It's like they make these movies for a bunch of 10 year olds!

Subject: Re: Tropic Thunder sucked!

Written By: whistledog on 09/01/08 at 8:39 pm

What else are you going to expect from a Ben Stiller movie? LOL
Movies like those are not everyone's cup of tea, but there are some who enjoyed them (Tropic Thunder topped the Box Office).  The spoof ones like Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, etc .. I find get a little tiresome

Written By: 80s fan on 09/01/08 at 8:53 pm

What else are you going to expect from a Ben Stiller movie? LOL
Movies like those are not everyone's cup of tea, but there are some who enjoyed them (Tropic Thunder topped the Box Office).  The spoof ones like Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, etc .. I find get a little tiresome

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Ben Stiller and I even like a few of his movies. I've seen Dodgeball, Meet the Parents 1 and 2, Night At The Museum, and There's Something About Mary. I liked them all! But the reason why I'm ranting about this movie is because it's so hyped and overrated by critics. Tropic Thunder wasn't even stupid funny, it was just bad. Lol!

Written By: gibbo on 09/02/08 at 8:28 am

I saw TT today and also was largely disappointed. I'm finding today's comedies are really struggling to come up with anything new or fresh (in the laughs department). I thought the movie had great promise ...but 'twas not to be.........I only laughed a couple of times :-\\

Written By: nupur on 09/06/08 at 8:22 pm

the best part in this whole movie is the very end with tom cruise dancing. and it's only funny because you think "this is tom cruise" while you watch the guy dance..if it was anyone else it wouldn't have been quite as funny. pineapple express was, in my opinion, a million times funnier than tropic thunder. i genuinely laughed throughout almost that entire movie, as opposed to during TT, i had to force myself to laugh at the jokes.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/10/08 at 7:03 am

Well hats off to Ben Stiller & his efforts to work with the mentally Challenged......
The People who wrote it! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...