inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: October Road

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/02/08 at 11:24 am

Is anyone as upset as I am about this great show getting axed? Yet they have crap on like " I survived a Japanese game show!!
This show had excellent acting and a great story line. At least Cavemen isn't coming back.

Subject: Re: October Road

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/08 at 11:21 pm

October Road was okay, but as a tv addict, it felt more like filler tv than really good drama. I watched it because it killed 40 minutes and satisfied that need to watch something but I didn't really care about the characters all that much. Hannah was too stupid to realize Big Cat was jerk.

Nick is a self-obsessed megalomaniac who pretends to care but really only cares about how stuff affects him

Ike was the only honest one in the bunch and he was cheating with Owens wife...

Owen is a whiner

Um I liked the kid...

and Physical Phil's story got old quick.

The only storyline I liked was that of Eddie and Janet (and rooster) I would have liked to see how the whole Janet cheated on Eddie and Eddie is Sam's father played out.

The reason I survived a Japanese game show and wipeout stay on the air is they are relatively cheap to produce and unfortunately a lot of people tuned in to watch people make idiots out of themselves.  I don't see the appeal.

I am just glad that ABC the network notorious for killing good shows in Season one brought back Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone... here are two very good examples of original content. These shows are well written, well acted and extremely well produced (& I like them)... all four elements combined are usually a sure sign that a show will be canceled  ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/03/08 at 5:55 am

October Road was okay, but as a tv addict, it felt more like filler tv than really good drama. I watched it because it killed 40 minutes and satisfied that need to watch something but I didn't really care about the characters all that much. Hannah was too stupid to realize Big Cat was jerk.

Nick is a self-obsessed megalomaniac who pretends to care but really only cares about how stuff affects him

Ike was the only honest one in the bunch and he was cheating with Owens wife...

Owen is a whiner

Um I liked the kid...

and Physical Phil's story got old quick.

The only storyline I liked was that of Eddie and Janet (and rooster) I would have liked to see how the whole Janet cheated on Eddie and Eddie is Sam's father played out.

The reason I survived a Japanese game show and wipeout stay on the air is they are relatively cheap to produce and unfortunately a lot of people tuned in to watch people make idiots out of themselves.  I don't see the appeal.

I am just glad that ABC the network notorious for killing good shows in Season one brought back Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone... here are two very good examples of original content. These shows are well written, well acted and extremely well produced (& I like them)... all four elements combined are usually a sure sign that a show will be canceled  ;D

I loved the Janet/ Eddie story line, and overall I loved the show. Maybe it was because I miss New Englqnd.
And I love Eli Stone, I'm glad its coming back. I'll have to watch Pushing Daisies this year, after I catch up on season one.
Also tried to watch "Raising the Bar" on TNT last night and fell asleep.
Well at least Dexter is back soon................!!!!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/03/08 at 12:24 pm

I loved the Janet/ Eddie story line, and overall I loved the show. Maybe it was because I miss New Englqnd.
And I love Eli Stone, I'm glad its coming back. I'll have to watch Pushing Daisies this year, after I catch up on season one.
Also tried to watch "Raising the Bar" on TNT last night and fell asleep.
Well at least Dexter is back soon................!!!!!!!!!

I recorded Raising the Bar but was too busy to watch...

I had tuned into Pushing Daisies last season (the pilot) to see what all the hype was about. I totally expected to hate it! They had me hooked in the first 10 minutes....  It is very different Of course it's produced by the same guy who created Dead Like Me and I loved that Show too...

Check for new replies or respond here...