inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ugh! MTV has no love for The Ting Tings at the VMA's and the return of BS

Written By: woops on 09/07/08 at 11:28 pm

I just watched the VMA's (don't ask) just for The Ting Tings' performance and that their video "Shut Up & Let Me Go"  was nominated for "Video Of The Year", but they only aired a few  seconds of the performance and the Video of the Year lost to a certain former pop princess/tabloid fodder with the initials B.S, who won two other awards. 

Natasha Bedingfield wasn't nominated and the UK Video nomination never aired, which Duffy's "Warwick Avenue" was nominated (should've been "Mercy") and not sure if she won.

Another countless reason to dislike Moronic TV...  8-P

Subject: Re: Ugh! MTV has no love for The Ting Tings at the VMA's and the return of BS

Written By: sonikuu on 09/08/08 at 3:55 am

I watched the VMAs too and it was quite obvious that the awards were set up to push Britney Spears.  She never won a VMA award once during her prime and now all of a sudden she gets three in the same night, despite being nowhere near as popular as she once was.  There were other disappointments as well, but I won't delve into them for now.

To be honest, I wish MTV would do what they did with the 2006 VMAs.  The 2006 VMAs were the VMAs where every single award was chosen by voters online.  Of course, if MTV did that, they wouldn't be able to push for a Britney Spears comeback.  Personally, I have to wonder why MTV insists on pushing her so hard on us.  They've been trying since at least 2006 to push for a Britney Spears comeback along the lines of her 1999-2001 days.  I can't name any other singer in their history that they've so obviously tried to push on the public a star who is past their peak.

Subject: Re: Ugh! MTV has no love for The Ting Tings at the VMA's and the return of BS

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/08/08 at 6:01 am

I can't name any other singer in their history that they've so obviously tried to push on the public a star who is past their peak.

What about Madoona ? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 09/08/08 at 7:38 am

At least Britney Spears looks hot again! She's only 26 and young enough to be sexy.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/08 at 8:31 am

At least Britney Spears looks hot again! She's only 26 and young enough to be sexy.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

And skanky enough to be on a street corner LOL

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/08/08 at 8:55 am

I watched the VMAs too and it was quite obvious that the awards were set up to push Britney Spears.  She never won a VMA award once during her prime and now all of a sudden she gets three in the same night, despite being nowhere near as popular as she once was.  There were other disappointments as well, but I won't delve into them for now.

To be honest, I wish MTV would do what they did with the 2006 VMAs.  The 2006 VMAs were the VMAs where every single award was chosen by voters online.  Of course, if MTV did that, they wouldn't be able to push for a Britney Spears comeback.  Personally, I have to wonder why MTV insists on pushing her so hard on us.  They've been trying since at least 2006 to push for a Britney Spears comeback along the lines of her 1999-2001 days.  I can't name any other singer in their history that they've so obviously tried to push on the public a star who is past their peak.

Tell me about it. That's as ridiculous as trying to promote hair metal in 1995! ;D

I didn't watch the VMA's but I agree with you. If something is in the hands of voters, that's really more of an accurate idea for what people really want. I think it's the same philosophy as downloads from itunes telling you what's popular, as opposed to the radio.

In all honesty, her last album was surprisingly not bad (it's even a little synthy and '80slike), but it's more the work of the producers and not her. That still doesn't entitle her to a huge mainstream comeback, which she herself probably doesn't even want and can't handle now anyway. One reason I believe her personal life became such a trainwreck is partiallly because of her 1999-2002/03 fame (leading up to the KFed marriage, etc), so the best thing for her to do is take time off, but that's another story.

Written By: tv on 09/08/08 at 7:05 pm

At least Britney Spears looks hot again! She's only 26 and young enough to be sexy.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif
Even though I am not a Britney Spears fan I'm glad she's looking healthy again. It looked like Chris Brown wanted too have a cup of coffee with her after the VMA's were over.

Written By: tv on 09/08/08 at 7:11 pm

Well Britney brings in alot of ratings so thats probably why MTV would push for a Britney comeback.

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/08/08 at 7:14 pm

I didn't even know the VMA's were on until I read this thread.  :-[  :D

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/08 at 9:30 pm

The last time I watched any kind of VMA awards, MC Hammer was still popular ;D

Written By: woops on 09/09/08 at 1:21 pm

It's been announced that The Ting Tings' "Shut Up & Let Me Go" won best UK video.  8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 11:31 pm

What about Madoona ? ???

Not to mention Cyndi Lauper and Boy George!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...