inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RETIRE AND SHUT UP!?

Written By: iquestion on 09/09/08 at 4:55 pm

Here we go with another blubbering yoyo who retires and then re-enters the game: LANCE ARMSTRONG.

So we have it with recent football player(s), and Lance and who jumps on the wagon.

Anyone else agree?

Fine let them do what they want but if they are getting media attention behind it, I think they should tell the media not to make anything of it because NO MORE doesn't necessarily mean NO MORE. Then we don't have to rally behind them congratulate them for all the fine work they did AND THEN have them retunr shortly afterward.

It's kind of like a group psyche-out! I don't like my heart strings tugged like that, thinking I've seen the last of them then changing course. 

Subject: Re: RETIRE AND SHUT UP!?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/09/08 at 6:22 pm

God, these guys!  Michael Jordan made an idiot out of himself, Roger Clemens wrecked his career, they are ego machines  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/08 at 11:28 pm

If Armstrong doesn't want to retire, but he can't chew the leather anymore, then they should give him his own TV program:

THE LANCE ARMSTRONG SHOW

Written By: iquestion on 09/11/08 at 3:44 pm

Wow...Did you hear?

Magics retired Pat Garrity now joined Chicago Bulls.....!

oK..NOT JUST YET, Thought I'd beat him to the story before HE puts it out there! ;D

Written By: Davester on 09/17/08 at 11:18 pm

To hell with athletes, I wish some of these dusty old geezers I work with would retire already!  A common sentiment, if I ask them about it, is apprehension about the economy...

One tactic is to retire and return as a private, self-employed contractor.  Makes sense inasmuch as they already know the lay of the land, and they can return to their chosen profession on the own terms...

But jeez, 40-50 years at the same place?!?  I cannot imagine it...

Check for new replies or respond here...