inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Mighty B!" vs. "Chowder"

Written By: woops on 09/16/08 at 7:54 pm

At Toon Zone, "Chowder" appears to be a favorite among teens & young adults, which the show is often kissed upon. Though I personally find the main character bland and the cartoon lacks humor despite it's surrealism. It's about a purple cat-like creature (reminiscent of "Eek") that works at a catering business and most of the episodes involves strange food.

Rather not talk about the rest of Cartoon Network/Adult Swim...  :-X

The boards of that forum usually have talkbacks of new episodes, which "The Mighty B!" appears to be ignored, except by a few people.

"The Mighty B!" is co-created by Amy Poehler and animator Eric Weiss, and features the adventures of a hyperactive/overachieving Honeybee scout that harks to '90's Nick Toons like "Ren & Stimpy" & "Rocko's Modern Life" with it's off beat humor and wacky characters like the snobby Portia and Bessie's dog Happy. Some of the earlier episodes were hit or miss, though have gotten better with "10 Little Honeybees" (where Bessie tries to solve a mystery in Portia's birthday party) and "Night Howl" (where Happy goes out in the night).

Ironically Eric Weiss & "Chowder" creator CH Greenblatt both worked on a certain overrated cartoon that featured an annoying sea sponge. Appears that it have spawned some new cartoonists that would create a new cartoon of their own. Though Amy Poehler had a girl scout character when she was in "Upright Citizen Brigade"...

(BTW, I'm not a member and I enjoy reading that forum)

Subject: Re: "The Mighty B!" vs. "Chowder"

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/08 at 3:16 pm

sorry I missed this.

I haven't seen Chowder so I can't really vote but I have tried to get into the Mighty B but miss the point of it. I love Amy Poehler and wish this show were better.

Written By: woops on 10/28/08 at 2:35 pm

Mighty B vs. Chowder

Clips of both shows

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/28/08 at 10:09 pm

I love the Mighty B.....I can talk just like her! haah! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...