inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 60th Emmy Awards

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/08 at 10:04 pm

They did away with a host presenter, and that was a brilliant decision.  First awards show I enjoyed.

Totally psyched that Bryan Cranston won best actor for Drama series for Breaking Bad, and that 30 Rock kicked some major ass.

Both are shows with audiences that are far too small for such excellent shows and will probably end up like Arrested Development.

Subject: Re: 60th Emmy Awards

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/21/08 at 10:35 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49044

here's the full list of who won

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/22/08 at 7:54 am

what you didn't hear thanks to the network cutting quickly for commercial

Jay Roach, executive producer, Recount:
"What I wanted to say when I was cut off by the music was simply that Recount was about people counting on fair elections, we don"t want to do Recount 2, the sequel. If you really want to change something in America, you have to vote for it or you can"t complain about it."

Kirk Ellis, writer of John Adams, on being cut off during his speech: "What I wanted to say about articulate men talking in complete sentences was simply that for the founding fathers, the word was primary. They believed in the power of the word over the sword. We"ve heard a lot during this election season about whether someone"s words matter. Well, I"m just a writer, but of course words matter. They always matter " we have to listen what people have to say." -- Marco R. della Cava

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/22/08 at 8:24 am

Ricky Gervais takes his Emmy back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZp6cR4bxbY

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/22/08 at 12:46 pm

I heard that Don Rickles won the first Emmy in his 900-year career or something. 

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/22/08 at 12:47 pm

Ricky Gervais takes his Emmy back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZp6cR4bxbY

That was so funny,  I was disappointed I really wanted Michael C. Hall to win, Dexter is such an awesome show. But I thought that John Adams was outstanding too, so I guess I can"t complain too much. I thought Don Rickles was really good too. Classic Rickles!! What a hoot.

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/08 at 4:34 pm

One of the funniest moments I thought was when Tom Hanks went up to accept his Emmy, he looked at Sally Field and in his Forrest Gump voice, says "Thanks, mom" and then starts to say .. "Y'know, my mama always said life was like ..."

;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/23/08 at 6:03 am

One of the funniest moments I thought was when Tom Hanks went up to accept his Emmy, he looked at Sally Field and in his Forrest Gump voice, says "Thanks, mom" and then starts to say .. "Y'know, my mama always said life was like ..."

;D

That was so funny too.. There were lots of great moments this year.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/08 at 4:43 pm

Chucky I disagree. I was disappointed last year but I really hated this year's ceremony. For me it was the combination of the inexperienced hosts moving an awards ceremony is much different than moving a reality competition show and the hosts just didn't have it....fortunately they were aware of it too...

I thought the laugh in bit fell flat.  But I loved the looks back at popular shows over the years.

I also loved the Ricky Gervis and Tom Hanks moments mentioned but when Don Rickles, and I've never been a fan, when he put down the scripted bit that was hilarious.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/24/08 at 6:28 pm

Chucky I disagree. I was disappointed last year but I really hated this year's ceremony. For me it was the combination of the inexperienced hosts moving an awards ceremony is much different than moving a reality competition show and the hosts just didn't have it....fortunately they were aware of it too...

I thought the laugh in bit fell flat.  But I loved the looks back at popular shows over the years.

I missed the first 30 minutes.. so I only heard about the reality show nonsense at the start.  It was kind of funny at the end when they voted for the best one to say good night.  Maybe that's why I enjoyed it, I missed the opening nonsense.

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/08 at 6:44 pm

I missed the first 30 minutes.. so I only heard about the reality show nonsense at the start.  It was kind of funny at the end when they voted for the best one to say good night.  Maybe that's why I enjoyed it, I missed the opening nonsense.

Here's how they opened the show.  What's my line?

I forgot... I rather enjoyed Josh Grobin too!

I couldn't find the hosts opening but they rambled about nothing for close to 5 minutes

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/28/08 at 11:17 am

Bryan Cranston won best actor for Drama series for Breaking Bad!!!!!

Kick-ass show.Too bad its limited to AMC

I watched it from day 1 & was disappointed the 1st season only had 7 episodes.
But very riveting.........Season 2 is already under way but won't air till next year (they say)

Heres some scenes

BASEMENT SCENE/BREAKING BAD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJ4KzDO08E&feature=related

All 7 "Full" episodes
http://www.breaktimetv.net/2008/03/watch-breaking-bad-online.html

Check for new replies or respond here...