inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Root of All Evil

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/26/08 at 12:25 am

For those of you who watch Lewis Black's Root of All Evil.He did a show on Gen x vs Baby Boomers the other night.........Boiled down to the baby Boomers being the root of all evil as their lazy hippie attitudes rubbed off on the Gen x - s ....So they had nothing to go on nor care to do anything about it!

Society has begun to colapse!

Guess the 00s kids will be worse off..Comitted to todays repeat movies & just bad sitcoms...
One thing to be said for baby boomers..."Drugs get you nowhere , but it made the senery nice!"

Shape of things to come!
;D

Subject: Re: Root of All Evil

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/26/08 at 11:31 am

Thats a great quote....

Subject: Re: Root of All Evil

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/08 at 7:15 pm

I was dying that was so funny!  It Paul F. Tompkins ripping on Gen-X.  Now I can't remember how the bit went, but in the Jeff Spicolli voice he made some inane comments about the Brady Bunch Hawaii vacation episodes...and then he goes, "And you call those wedding vows?"

He called Gen-X the first ironic generation and the first generation not to know what "ironic" means! 

Last summer my little brother had a beautiful wedding ceremony with his lovely bride and the first song the DJ played after the vows was Billy Idol's "White Wedding," on the newlyweds' request, I'm sure!  I'm like all, OMG, does it ever end with the irony?

:D

Check for new replies or respond here...