inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Little Britain USA is 'too crude'

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/08 at 9:05 am

Full report from BBC News Online

US television critics have warned viewers of the "crude" humour in Matt Lucas and David Walliams' stateside sketch show, Little Britain USA.

Variety magazine complained that the show's wit "seldom rises above what's scrawled on a school bathroom wall".

Even positive reviews said the show was "not for the easily offended", and many singled out a pair of naked, steroid-enhanced bodybuilders for criticism.

The show debuts in the US this Sunday, and on BBC One on 3 October.

Subject: Re: Little Britain USA is 'too crude'

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/27/08 at 12:51 pm

Full report from BBC News Online

US television critics have warned viewers of the "crude" humour in Matt Lucas and David Walliams' stateside sketch show, Little Britain USA.

Variety magazine complained that the show's wit "seldom rises above what's scrawled on a school bathroom wall".

Even positive reviews said the show was "not for the easily offended", and many singled out a pair of naked, steroid-enhanced bodybuilders for criticism.

The show debuts in the US this Sunday, and on BBC One on 3 October.

Do you know what channel? We have BBC on demand

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/08 at 12:53 pm

Do you know what channel? We have BBC on demand
I do not know which channels it will be shown on in the US, but it will be on BBC1 and BBC3 in the next few weeks

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/27/08 at 12:55 pm

I do not know which channels it will be shown on in the US, but it will be on BBC1 and BBC3 in the next few weeks

Thanks maybe it will be on BBC America. I hope so, I could use some fresh Brit humor/humour ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/08 at 12:59 pm

Thanks maybe it will be on BBC America. I hope so, I could use some fresh Brit humor/humour ;D
I saw two clips from it last night, and I think it will cause a stir or two over here.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/27/08 at 1:01 pm

I saw two clips from it last night, and I think it will cause a stir or two over here.

Good I am tired of the homogenized PC stale sitcoms these days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/08 at 1:04 pm

Good I am tired of the homogenized PC stale sitcoms these days.
Sounds like you will enjoy this series

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/27/08 at 1:05 pm

Sounds like you will enjoy this series

I am psyched about it.

Written By: Gis on 09/29/08 at 3:10 am

The problem with Little Britain is it's too samey. The first two episodes are funny and then it's just the same sketches again and again................

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/08 at 3:11 am

The problem with Little Britain is it's too samey. The first two episodes are funny and then it's just the same sketches again and again................
"Yeah, I know!"

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/29/08 at 5:15 am

Little Britain USA is on HBO, greenjello

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/29/08 at 6:03 am

Thanks I'll have to tvio it to chec k it out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/08 at 6:22 am

In the US, last night (September 28th) saw the first episode and it is October 3rd for the UK.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/30/08 at 12:50 pm

In the US, last night (September 28th) saw the first episode and it is October 3rd for the UK.

Maybe it is on demand too, hubby and I had a romantic evening last night with no TV just music.
Billy Joel made an incredible album that is all piano music. It is really amazing, so we listened to that dined by candleight and well so forth.
It was nice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/08 at 12:52 pm

I'll be watching it!

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/01/08 at 3:31 am

I'll be watching it!

I found it on Demand there is apparently Little Britain 1, and Little Britain USA.
whwn I get a chance within the next few days, I will check it out, and weigh in with my opinion.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/08 at 6:02 am

It will be the fourth series in the UK and number one in the USA.

Written By: Stompgal on 10/10/08 at 5:35 am

I saw the first episode on the Internet version of BBC iPlayer and I enjoyed it. The beginning was crude when Andy needed the toilet and he peed in the outdoor pool behind Lou's back. I like the new character Phyllis and her dog.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 5:38 am

I saw the first episode on the Internet version of BBC iPlayer and I enjoyed it. The beginning was crude when Andy needed the toilet and he peed in the outdoor pool behind Lou's back. I like the new character Phyllis and her dog.
I enjoyed the first episode and will be watching second episode tonight.

I can almost understand how that army officer that shows the soldiers his gun collection.

Written By: philbo on 10/10/08 at 10:40 am

It's a problem for me when the children start saying "I love you more than puppies..." (as I know their mother really won't appreciate the "I love you more than blowjobs")...

I do wish that sometimes they'd not always do the same old jokes.. but some people like it.  Especially teenagers.

Check for new replies or respond here...