inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who is your Celebrity Crush < and have you ever met them>???

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/29/08 at 9:03 pm

I was just thinking about this subject while checking my mail online.... Over the years, I have had many a crush... I still stick with the obvious... Clooney for me... Sean penn, Bono... hes my dream man but I would have to say, i have always had a crush on Jason Mewes < Jay from Jay and Silent Bob>.  Hes just BAD***!  Such a dolly and that accent.... Yummy! So Jersey.....
So, who is your crush???
BTW, I never met any of my crushes :\'(

Subject: Re: Who is your Celebrity Crush < and have you ever met them>???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/08 at 10:01 pm

Rachel Maddow is my hearthrob and it's great because not only would it never happen, it could never happen!

I've never met her, but she got her broadcasting start here in the Pioneer Valley and so did I.  Unlike Rachel, I'm still not much past the starting line!  Anway, Rachel's such a Pioneer Valley girl, it's almost like knowing her!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: midnite on 09/29/08 at 10:53 pm

In the early 90s, my celebrity crush was Marisa Tomei.  Nowadays, I have several celeb crushes

Monica Naranjo - Singer

Barbara Bermudo - Hostess from Primer Impacto

Padma Lakshmi - Hostess from Top Chef

Unfortunately, I have not met any of these hotties.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/08 at 11:25 pm

I crushed pretty hard over Tom Cruise in the 80s. Nope never met Tom.

Shemar Moore is another and hopefully I will be meeting him very soon as I have plans to attend an event honoring Criminal Minds in LA this fall. 

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/29/08 at 11:26 pm

cool beans... May u meet ur crushes.. Hey, is that the Donger as the icon above?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/29/08 at 11:28 pm

I crushed pretty hard over Tom Cruise in the 80s. Nope never met Tom.

Shemar Moore is another and hopefully I will be meeting him very soon as I have plans to attend an event honoring Criminal Minds in LA this fall. 

Oh yes... hes a cutie pie.  i love that show.  I missed the season premier..... Ill have to play catch up.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/08 at 11:42 pm

Oh yes... hes a cutie pie.  i love that show.  I missed the season premier..... Ill have to play catch up.

catch it here... it was pretty good.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/video/video.php?cid=868138348&pid=hCvHAywAH7B_VmQPX81inuFb0W2gaiLl&play=true&cc=2

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/08 at 11:42 pm

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/video/video.php?cid=868138348&pid=hCvHAywAH7B_VmQPX81inuFb0W2gaiLl&play=true&cc=2

edited to add... BTW I like your new avatar/pic

oops I replied as a quote instead of editing...

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/29/08 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for the link. Ill watch it before the new eppy airs Wed.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/08 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for the link. Ill watch it before the new eppy airs Wed.

YW  Enjoy!

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/30/08 at 7:33 am

My #1 Crush is Justin Hayward/John Lodge of The Moody Blues :P
#2. Matthew Macoughey (or however you spell his name, those dimples and that accent, and the bod :P
3. Mike Mills from REM
4. I used to have a wicked crush on Paul Young :P
My first Celb crush was Richard Chamberland  and Ricky Nelson.when I was a little kid.

Nope never really met them, although I do have autographed pix of Jus and John. And talked on the phone to them.

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/30/08 at 4:00 pm

My celebrity crush is Henry Rollins.  He has never had the pleasure of meeting me  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/08 at 7:42 pm

My celebrity crush is Henry Rollins.  He has never had the pleasure of meeting me  ;D

^ nicely stated!

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/01/08 at 12:03 am

Johnny Depp......I wish I could meet him someday!

Written By: tv on 10/01/08 at 9:59 am

Alyssa Milano-Never Met her.

Nicole Eggert-Never Met Her.

Written By: Guest on 10/01/08 at 10:14 am

Britney Spears, Alyssa Milano, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Madonna, Jessica Alba, Mischa Barton, Blake Lively, Megan Fox....and my biggest crush at the moment is Julianne Hough from "Dancing With the Stars"!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/08 at 11:45 am

Lulu, and yes!

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 9:26 pm

Kelly Llorenna, and no I have never met her, but I would give anything to be Mr. Llorenna :-*

Written By: woops on 10/01/08 at 10:08 pm

Got an autograph from Natasha Bedingfield  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/08 at 2:10 am

Lulu, and yes!
...and her autograph.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 11:53 am

Lulu, and yes!

8)

...and her autograph.

O0

did you get a pic too?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/08 at 1:40 pm

8)

O0

did you get a pic too?

Yes, and it has been posted online on these boards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/08 at 1:45 pm

8)

O0

did you get a pic too?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/Lulu3.jpg

There you go.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 3:25 pm

That's so cool philip. Lulu kicks arse!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/08 at 3:45 pm

That's so cool philip. Lulu kicks arse!!!
It is not the best of photos, for I had to take a picture of the original photograph for it to be digital.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 4:25 pm

It is not the best of photos, for I had to take a picture of the original photograph for it to be digital.

at least you have a good photo for yourself tho.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 4:28 pm

I had the world's biggest crush on Bill Bixby. Sadly I never got a chance to meet him.  :\'( :\'(  (And I cried the day he died).

I have gotten over my crush on Mel Gibson. And I didn't meet him, either.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 4:33 pm

I had the world's biggest crush on Bill Bixby. Sadly I never got a chance to meet him.  :\'( :\'(  (And I cried the day he died).

Cat

Aww I loved Mister Eddie's Father!

Yeah I don't wanna meet Mel either. I might not be able to hold my tongue.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/08 at 1:34 am

Britney Spears, Alyssa Milano, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Madonna, Jessica Alba, Mischa Barton, Blake Lively, Megan Fox....and my biggest crush at the moment is Julianne Hough from "Dancing With the Stars"!

I would party with most (but not all) of them...    :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/03/08 at 3:03 am

hmmm...no crushes anymore here.  But I used to crush on a local celebrity, B. E. Taylor who had one or two International semi-hits (I don't think they made it too far up the charts, but Jason knows who he is.)  I've met him several times, and I did a fan webpage for him.  He e-mailed me to thank me for making it, and once when I went to a smaller venue concert, he happened to be in the lobby as I was walking around and he shouts at me "Hi Patty!"  I looked around to see if he was talking to me...and he WAS!  I about died.  But I kept my composure, kinda.  lol  I can't recall if I actually got any pictures of us together though.  Weird huh?  lol  He did autograph a personal note onto my CD.

Another crush that I probably will never meet is Eric Clapton.  Although he *did* marry a local girl (that lived/has relatives still) in Columbus which is about a hour away from where I live now.  So ya never know.  lol 

Written By: gibbo on 10/03/08 at 3:12 am

Just a technical question....Is to lust after the same as a crush?  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/08 at 4:48 am

at least you have a good photo for yourself tho.
When we get a scanner there will be a better version of it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/08 at 7:15 pm

hmmm...no crushes anymore here.  But I used to crush on a local celebrity, B. E. Taylor who had one or two International semi-hits (I don't think they made it too far up the charts, but Jason knows who he is.)  I've met him several times, and I did a fan webpage for him.  He e-mailed me to thank me for making it, and once when I went to a smaller venue concert, he happened to be in the lobby as I was walking around and he shouts at me "Hi Patty!"  I looked around to see if he was talking to me...and he WAS!  I about died.  But I kept my composure, kinda.  lol  I can't recall if I actually got any pictures of us together though.  Weird huh?  lol  He did autograph a personal note onto my CD.

Another crush that I probably will never meet is Eric Clapton.  Although he *did* marry a local girl (that lived/has relatives still) in Columbus which is about a hour away from where I live now.  So ya never know.  lol 

B. E. Taylor is a local boy from LyricBoy Land.  He started out doing rock bands but somwhere along the line he switched to the Christian Rock genre.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 7:18 pm

Micky Dolenz of The Monkees - I didn't exactly meet him however I saw a play he was in.  I was in second row front. He looked at me!!! :)

James Read (played George Hazard on the miniseries North and South)  Nope never had the pleasure.

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/08 at 7:18 pm

yeah but Jason knows EVERYBODY!  

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/08 at 7:19 pm

Micky Dolenz of The Monkees - I didn't exactly meet him however I saw a play he was in.  I was in second row front. He looked at me!!! :)

James Read (played George Hazard on the miniseries North and South)  Nope never had the pleasure.

and at that moment you forgot what the rest of the play was about  ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 7:23 pm

Cat

Me too.. I loved Bill Bixby, and was madly in love with Mel. Well Booze, smoking,  and his antisemitism cured that crush. Damn he looks like a weird hermit these days.

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/08 at 8:18 pm

BE Taylor had two hits in the US chart:

♦ Vitamin L (US #66, 1984)
♦ Karen (US #94, 1986)

They are great songs :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 10:52 pm

and at that moment you forgot what the rest of the play was about  ;D

You know it's more difficult flirting from second row than a realized. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/08 at 12:51 pm

I DID meet Davy Jones-when I was something like 9 years old. My mother worked with him at a theatre. She introduced me to him and it was the first time in my life (and probably the only time  :D ;D ;D ) I was speechless. I didn't know what to say to him. He WAS supposed to come to our house for a party but he never did make it.  :\'( :\'(  I must admit that I did feel a little bit like Marcia Brady.  :D ;D ;D ;D

But, I must confess, I never really had a crush on him-but I think I did that week.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 12:58 pm

I DID meet Davy Jones-when I was something like 9 years old. My mother worked with him at a theatre. She introduced me to him and it was the first time in my life (and probably the only time  :D ;D ;D ) I was speechless. I didn't know what to say to him. He WAS supposed to come to our house for a party but he never did make it.  :\'( :\'(  I must admit that I did feel a little bit like Marcia Brady.  :D ;D ;D ;D

But, I must confess, I never really had a crush on him-but I think I did that week.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Did he  :-* your cheek?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/04/08 at 1:02 pm

BE Taylor had two hits in the US chart:

♦ Vitamin L (US #66, 1984)
♦ Karen (US #94, 1986)

They are great songs :)

Good god the video is cheesy as hell (never saw it before today) and he's still giving concerts in my region (some 20 years later!) and sounds much better IMO now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arlZfqwCxA
Thanks for giving me the chart positions, I always wondered how well he did back then.

B. E. Taylor is a local boy from LyricBoy Land.  He started out doing rock bands but somwhere along the line he switched to the Christian Rock genre.

Yeah, my hubby lived down the block from him (growing up).  He's such a nice man.  I wish he'd go back to rock, but you gotta do what compels you I guess.

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 1:03 pm

Cat

There's something to say about being star struck. When I went to a taping of That 70's Show I got to "meet" Tanya Roberts. Now she is like my 5th least favorite Angel. Shelly Hack is my least favorite.  But in that moment I was so excited to meet her because 5th fav or not...she was one of Charlie's Angels!  And, to date, she is the only angel I've met.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/08 at 1:54 pm

Did he  :-* your cheek?

Nah, just shook my hand.

Cat

Written By: gibbo on 10/04/08 at 3:10 pm

There's something to say about being star struck. When I went to a taping of That 70's Show I got to "meet" Tanya Roberts. Now she is like my 5th least favorite Angel. Shelly Hack is my least favorite.  But in that moment I was so excited to meet her because 5th fav or not...she was one of Charlie's Angels!  And, to date, she is the only angel I've met.

Who are 1st and 2nd favourites (or are the original 3 all number 1)?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/08 at 4:05 pm

Nah, just shook my hand.

Cat
Did you get his autograph?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/08 at 6:02 pm

Nah, just shook my hand.

Cat

He touched you!!!! :o  OMG, you're like . . . my new best friend or something. :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 6:04 pm

He touched you!!!! :o  OMG, you're like . . . my new best friend or something. :D

now if you ever meet up with Cat and you shake her hand....you'll be two degrees away from having actually touched Mickey.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/08 at 6:07 pm

now if you ever meet up with Cat and you shake her hand....you'll be two degrees away from having actually touched Mickey.  ;D

Actually I met Peter Tork and hung out for about 15 minutes back in 2001.  He may be the more direct root.

However I have to take what I can get.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/08 at 6:14 pm

As we are on The Monkees, I did once met Micky Dolenz who was then over here in the UK directing the tv series Metal Mickey. I did not have a crush on him, but still like the group he was in.

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 6:23 pm

Actually I met Peter Tork and hung out for about 15 minutes back in 2001.  He may be the more direct root.

However I have to take what I can get.

well then- what about Michael? Any encounters with him?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/08 at 9:15 pm

well then- what about Michael? Any encounters with him?

Neh, I hear he charges for autographs.  Plus he rarely leaves his ranch.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/08 at 9:18 pm

As we are on The Monkees, I did once met Micky Dolenz who was then over here in the UK directing the tv series Metal Mickey. I did not have a crush on him, but still like the group he was in.

Didn't he live in Nottingham for a few years.  He said the British were a lot easier to deal with than Americans.  As for the crush, he's not exactly a Lulu or Petula Clark. ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/05/08 at 2:34 am

LOL... Good grief.... Thats alot of crushes.... I love Angelina Jolie < so does the whole world> . I never MET her but... I did speak to her on the telephone when she was promoting Gia... i was always intrigued by the models story and heard yrs ago on a Canadian talk show... Some lady with dark hair hosted and the mother of the model was on and ever since I heard that a movie about her life was being made, I was looking forward to this movie .  I loved Angelina in Foxfire so , she was on Tom Snyders show and they let u call in and speak with the stars and I got on and spoke with her.  It was quick but it was a treat for me.  I struggled alot with cutting myself all my life and when I heard her speak about it, I dont know... made her real to me.  I never made it on air but it was a treat still
Shes not a CRUSH though.

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/08 at 2:32 pm

LOL... Good grief.... Thats alot of crushes.... I love Angelina Jolie < so does the whole world> . I never MET her but... I did speak to her on the telephone when she was promoting Gia... i was always intrigued by the models story and heard yrs ago on a Canadian talk show... Some lady with dark hair hosted and the mother of the model was on and ever since I heard that a movie about her life was being made, I was looking forward to this movie .  I loved Angelina in Foxfire so , she was on Tom Snyders show and they let u call in and speak with the stars and I got on and spoke with her.  It was quick but it was a treat for me.  I struggled alot with cutting myself all my life and when I heard her speak about it, I dont know... made her real to me.  I never made it on air but it was a treat still
Shes not a CRUSH though.

that's cool that you got to talk to her though.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/05/08 at 2:35 pm

Back when Angelina was still approachable.  Guess all those year of paparazzi and being in a fish bowl like environment kinda killed that.  I think she'd be pretty cool to talk to.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/06/08 at 2:26 am

I once met porn starlets Vanessa Del Rio, Lisa deLeeuw, and Kari Foxx at the Chicago Consumer Electronics Show; got their autographs for my buddies.  Lisa died the next year from AIDS.  :(

I did not have a crush on any of them though.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 10/06/08 at 2:10 pm

Back when Angelina was still approachable.  Guess all those year of paparazzi and being in a fish bowl like environment kinda killed that.  I think she'd be pretty cool to talk to.

So true... she seemed better off before she became the  Mega Star she is now... I cant speak for everyone but I liked her better before.  i have always bneen that way though... I appreciate things until they become so mainstream that Im like , been there, done that and moved on.  She is a remarkable talent though.  and she is one of my biggest crushes ever!
When I was a kid, I always swore that I would have " skittle kids".. every color of the rainbow... My own U.N.  I always felt akward being raised mixed with my mom and being one of the only choco chips out there so I thought I'd make my own lil nation.
Many yrs later, no kids still but.. Id still do the open minded blended family... God Willing!

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/08 at 2:33 pm

I had a huge crush on Tom Cruise before anyone even knew who he was back when he was the "arsonist" in Endless Love (he was the buddy who gave Martin the idea to set papers on fire on the porch in order to be the big "hero") and also in Taps.  I also picked up that he was in The Outsiders. Even tho the role was small I thought he was hot  ;D 

Everyone else jumped on the Tom Cruise train after All the Right Moves and Risky Business came out. 

Even tho he's kinda nuts now, I'd still like to meet him!

Written By: Dagwood on 10/06/08 at 7:17 pm

So true... she seemed better off before she became the  Mega Star she is now... I cant speak for everyone but I liked her better before.  i have always bneen that way though... I appreciate things until they become so mainstream that Im like , been there, done that and moved on.  She is a remarkable talent though.  and she is one of my biggest crushes ever!

I have never liked Angelina Jolie, I respect what she does for others but I don't like her.  I know what you mean about mainstream.  I have never been one to swoon over the more popular guys.  Even with bands, the lead singer has rarely held any appeal to me.   Ususally it is the drummer or bass.  I think my problem is that I am stubborn and when people tell me "you just have to".....fill in the blank my mind just says "oh yeah?  Watch me" ;D

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/06/08 at 8:18 pm

I had a huge crush on Tom Cruise before anyone even knew who he was back when he was the "arsonist" in Endless Love (he was the buddy who gave Martin the idea to set papers on fire on the porch in order to be the big "hero") and also in Taps.  I also picked up that he was in The Outsiders. Even tho the role was small I thought he was hot  ;D 

Everyone else jumped on the Tom Cruise train after All the Right Moves and Risky Business came out. 

I loved that movie and song.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/08 at 11:20 am

I once worked the guy who played the sheriff in the movie Taps.

Cat

Written By: Penguin21 on 10/08/08 at 4:15 pm

My celebrity crush is Michael Cera.... he is so cute, funny and humble. I love him!! Hoping to meet him someday...

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/08 at 4:25 pm

I once worked the guy who played the sheriff in the movie Taps.

Cat

that was James Handy right? I've seen him in a lot of stuff but didn't really pay attention to him until he showed up on the Profiler!

Very cool... that puts me two degrees (or is it three) from a sane Tom Cruise  ;D  -

Written By: Stompgal on 10/10/08 at 5:40 am

When I was 15, I had a crush on Pop Idol runner-up Gareth Gates. I'd listen to his music a lot and get excited whenever I saw him on TV. I don't really have a celebrity crush at the moment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 6:53 am

When I was 15, I had a crush on Pop Idol runner-up Gareth Gates. I'd listen to his music a lot and get excited whenever I saw him on TV. I don't really have a celebrity crush at the moment.
You do not see much of him these days?

Written By: Kryllith on 10/10/08 at 12:02 pm

My crush back in high school was Watts (Mary Stuart Masterson) in Some Kind of Wonderful. Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to meet her yet. I did have a crush on Carrie Fisher when I was even younger, and I have met her so that works. More recently I'd say my crush is Kaylee (Jewel Straite), but I've not met her yet although I have met both Summer Glau and Morena Baccarin so I guess I can't complain too much.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/12/08 at 4:17 pm

Jessica Alba  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/12/08 at 9:42 pm

I have never liked Angelina Jolie, I respect what she does for others but I don't like her.  I know what you mean about mainstream.  I have never been one to swoon over the more popular guys.  Even with bands, the lead singer has rarely held any appeal to me.   Ususally it is the drummer or bass.  I think my problem is that I am stubborn and when people tell me "you just have to".....fill in the blank my mind just says "oh yeah?  Watch me" ;D

The problem with Angelina is that we know that sooner or later she'll be kicking ol' Brad to the curb.  Then all those kids will be without the father figure in their daily lives.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/13/08 at 5:29 pm

I've had LOTS of crushes over the years lol. I started watching tv and movies in the early-mid '90s alot, so that's when I started liking celebrities. Here's some of my favorite gals I liked since I was a kid (I've never met them, though):

Amy Grant
Paula Abdul (of course...she's still just as cute today too) ;)
Six from Blossom (Jenna Von Oy - she actually still looks pretty much the same now)
Ricki Lake
Lea Thompson (Lorraine from the BTTF's, and the mom from Dennis the Menace)
Christina Ricci
Victoria Jackson

I think part (quite a bit actually) of the attraction wasn't as much their looks (even if I thought they were cute) was their personalities, based on what I could tell. They were entertaining and seemed fun and all. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/08 at 5:43 pm

that was James Handy right? I've seen him in a lot of stuff but didn't really pay attention to him until he showed up on the Profiler!

Very cool... that puts me two degrees (or is it three) from a sane Tom Cruise  ;D  -

Yup-that's him. He has been in a lot of things. I actually sat on his lap.  :o :o :D ;D ;D ;D But somehow I doubt he would remember me-but then again, you never know.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...