inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AT40 Mess

Written By: EthanM on 10/12/08 at 9:29 am

I know that it's never really been a cerebral show, but the American Top 40 countdown seems to have lost it's mind. I've heard both "I kissed a girl" and "let it rock" in their entirety twice during the countdown, with the latter being both #19 and #15.  This is not supposed to happen - maybe they're trying to make up for the lack of playing songs in full on TRL.

Subject: Re: AT40 Mess

Written By: 80sfan on 10/13/08 at 4:48 am

I don't know, but maybe it's because today's music suck so bad, they have to shove it in our faces more for us to like it! But "Let It Rock" and "I Kissed A Girl" are okay songs. But the thing is today on the radio, I hear the same 10 songs played every hour! ;D

Radio used to be so versatile, now it's just so narrowed down.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/13/08 at 6:50 am

I don't know, but maybe it's because today's music suck so bad, they have to shove it in our faces more for us to like it! But "Let It Rock" and "I Kissed A Girl" are okay songs. But the thing is today on the radio, I hear the same 10 songs played every hour! ;D

Radio used to be so versatile, now it's just so narrowed down.

Even the "classic Rock" stations do this. It drives me crazy.. How many times can one hear Hotel California and Boston before going postal?

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/08 at 7:27 am

Even the "classic Rock" stations do this. It drives me crazy.. How many times can one hear Hotel California and Boston before going postal?

This is the reason I switch the station whenever Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin come on the radio.  The local station over plays those two groups big time. ::)

Written By: EthanM on 10/13/08 at 10:49 am

But they don't do it over the course of a countdown, do they?

Check for new replies or respond here...