inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fed up with Internet auto reviews

Written By: guest on 10/14/08 at 10:39 am

I didn't use Internet in the 1990s, but I think the today there are more auto reviews on the net than there used to be back then. I am fed up with Internet auto reviews. Most of them are biased. It really hurts when they tell you that the car you always wanted "has a cheap built quality" or something like that. Do you try to ignore such reviews if you are looking for a new car?

Subject: Re: Fed up with Internet auto reviews

Written By: tv on 10/14/08 at 5:02 pm

I didn't use Internet in the 1990s, but I think the today there are more auto reviews on the net than there used to be back then. I am fed up with Internet auto reviews. Most of them are biased. It really hurts when they tell you that the car you always wanted "has a cheap built quality" or something like that. Do you try to ignore such reviews if you are looking for a new car?
I am a big car fan like you "Guest" and I know I am gonna get get guff for this but I think Consumer Reports does a good job on car reviews. I know alot people say Consumer Reports is against domestic car companies and been accused of being pro import but the last couple years GM has built some offerings that are competitive that CR rates highly with the Japanese like the 08 Caddy CTS, 08 Mailibu, Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave, and the GMC Acadia. The Ford Flex has also gotten great reviews by CR of recent times as well.

I bought a 07 Mazda 6 it didn't get a great review CR but CR did have some good things to say about it. I think the 09 Mazda 6 will get a great review by CR.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/08 at 8:43 pm

I s'pose if I read 'em, I'd be real sick of 'em now!
:-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/15/08 at 2:20 am

What kind of car "have you always wanted?"  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...