inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good things about people now vs. bad things

Written By: Sweet Illest Baby on 10/16/08 at 1:10 pm

The good thing about people in the 2000s is they're less anal and more accepting of other cultures and of weirdness. The bad thing is they're also more vindictive and they admire things like criminality (in say gangsta rap) and imo have more base values.

Subject: Re: Good things about people now vs. bad things

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/16/08 at 6:13 pm

The good thing about people in the 2000s is they're less anal and more accepting of other cultures and of weirdness. The bad thing is they're also more vindictive and they admire things like criminality (in say gangsta rap) and imo have more base values.

People are dicks.

Written By: Jessica on 10/16/08 at 6:15 pm

People are dicks.

;D

Written By: A Perfect Stranger on 10/16/08 at 6:55 pm

Good point.  I belive our society has become one or I should say is becoming one  that truly reflects the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr in that we are truly starting to see a nation that has people judge people by who they are, not what they are.

However, I'll agree with you that many not so great things are admired as well.  For example everyone in this country wants to be a badass now.  People who aren't, usually get labled as being weak and losers.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/16/08 at 7:15 pm

Good point.  I belive our society has become one or I should say is becoming one  that truly reflects the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr in that we are truly starting to see a nation that has people judge people by who they are, not what they are.

However, I'll agree with you that many not so great things are admired as well.  For example everyone in this country wants to be a badass now.  People who aren't, usually get labled as being weak and losers.

People are dicks.

Written By: Kryllith on 10/17/08 at 9:50 am

Unfortunately the two are pretty much linked together. People are more open to seeing people for who they are rather than what their race, sex, religion is; as such, they apparently feel the need to put up a false front so that people judge see them the way they want to be seen, rather than for who they are. Problem is that the lines become blurred and in realising they can get away with being dicks (as AL-B so eloquently stated), they end up actually becoming more like the image they project rather than let their image show more of who they are (or used to be).

Written By: gibbo on 10/17/08 at 6:26 pm

People are dicks.

I think you make a good ongoing argument.........

Written By: La Roche on 10/17/08 at 8:00 pm

Indeed.

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/08 at 8:44 pm

Indeed.

Y'all look like you're blowing bubble gum ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...