inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What happens to your web stuff when you die?

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/16/08 at 1:47 pm

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/what-happens-to-your-online-stuff-when-you-die--475705?artc_pg=1

You ever thought about it?

One day i started to think about it so i made a list with all the e-mail addresses and sites i visit and gave my sister instructions to let everyone know if something bad happens to me.
I had a friend who i only knew online who just dissapeared on me without any warning and until this day i wonder if she's alive or not,it's awful :(
It also made me realise how individualistic the internet is and sometimes so completely unrelated from our real lives,we get on using some crazy handle and visit all these places and talk to all these people and our family and friends at home have no clue about it.

And if the internet died tomorrow, would you cry 'cause all your youtube vids were gone? What if your presence on the www was just erased forever,would you die a little bit?

Subject: Re: What happens to your web stuff when you die?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/16/08 at 6:24 pm

Where does web stuff go when you die?

It don't go to heaven where the angels fly

It go to the lake of fire and fry

Won't see it again 'till the fourth of July

Subject: Re: What happens to your web stuff when you die?

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/16/08 at 9:26 pm

I've seen things you wouldn't believe.  Zerglings on fire off the shores of Orion.  Oh MAN!  Did you see that one where the two girls got
their C-Beams into Ms. Tanhauser's cup?  Freakin' awesome!  And then there's that Chu guy -- only does her eyes.  EYES!  All that data will be lost like free space on a hard drive.  Time to reboot.

Check for new replies or respond here...