inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2000s Things You Like

Written By: Sweet Illest Baby on 10/16/08 at 9:47 pm

If anyone says Bush  ;D

Subject: Re: 2000s Things You Like

Written By: Dagwood on 10/17/08 at 7:30 am

I picked Bush because I don't like being told who I can pick. 

Written By: Kryllith on 10/17/08 at 9:41 am

I went with technology, basically because of the advancements made. That said, I don't own an ipod (or any variation thereof) nor even a cell phone, so while I might enjoy the advancements my preference for them is a bit selective. I also enjoy various tv shows, movies, and musical groups but not enough of any of the each to have them out-weigh that from other decades so... tech it is.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/18/08 at 3:41 am

If anyone says Bush  ;D

'Sweet Illest Baby'    ::) ...what a prolific topic starter you are.  :-X  ;D Ain't it about time you started a thread about How the 2000's seem very much like the 90's ... or the 80's ... or whatever .. ?  ???  ???

No, no  ..... NO  !    :o

For YOUR sake ... AND for ours .... 'RESIST the temptation !'        ;)    :P    :D    ;D

Written By: Sweet Illest Baby on 10/18/08 at 3:48 am

I guess this is a small-traffic forum, and I should post small amounts of posts.

Does this place have like a sort of online urban growth limit?

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/18/08 at 3:55 am

Well Don  'Sweet Illest Baby' .... there was a certain infamous character ... who liked to starts loads of threads ... about how this year was like THAT year ... became a bit of a nightmare for the mods ... see here: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=32397.0

I'm sure any resemblance between you and ... (cough) person who's name cannot be mentioned ... is ENTIRELY coincidental ... and just my own imagination.  ::)  ;D

Tread carefully ... my friend .  8)    ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 10/25/08 at 10:42 pm

I dont like almost anything about "Today" its all garbage,cheap quality,etc........

Written By: sonikuu on 10/27/08 at 2:55 am

I hate polls like this because they always include "Technology."  Of course technology is going to win!  Technology is one of the few things that always gets better, no matter what.  If you asked this question in 1998, technology would have be by far the winning option then as well.  I swear, every poll like this has technology as an option and that always wins by a landslide, just like it would have a decade ago as well.  Next time we do a 00s poll, lets leave the technology option out please?

Anyway, the 00s aren't completely terrible like people say they are.  Anyway who says that, aside from technology, that they hate EVERYTHING about this decade is probably close-minded, ignorant, stuck in the past, or something like that.  You can hate most of the stuff in this decade, but to say you can't find a single thing you liked about it is something I just find really sad and ignorant.

Stuff I like: a little bit of everything.  You just have to know where to look.  The 00s aren't just Rap music, reality tv, gaudy fashion, sequels and movie adaptations, and overt materialism.  

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/27/08 at 4:21 pm

Technology was the only thing that was the best.

TV was sheesh. (Reality Shows?)
Movies was sheesh. (Too many remakes!)
Attitude was sheesh. (Emo?)
Body Modification was sheesh. (Too much competition!)
Hair was sheesh. (The Emo Look!)
Clothes was sheesh. (Emo again!)
Music was sheesh. (What was the big genre?)
And...Bush was sheesh! (Sorry, but the last two years of him WAS sheesh.)

I wish this decade would disappear!

Check for new replies or respond here...