inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Madonna and Guy Ritchie getting divorced

Written By: Satish on 10/17/08 at 10:29 pm

It was announced this week that Madonna and her husband of close to eight years, British filmmaker Guy Ritchie, are splitting up. The two were married in 2000 and have two children together, son Rocco(b. 2000), and adopted son David Banda(b. 2005, adopted 2006). In addition, Madonna has a daughter from a previous relationship who was born in 1996.

After living the swinging single life, one might have thought that when she got married in 2000 at the age of 42, Madonna was mature enough and ready to settle down with a husband and kids. But it seems like the married life just wasn't for her.

Subject: Re: Madonna and Guy Ritchie getting divorced

Written By: Jessica on 10/17/08 at 11:04 pm

It was announced this week that Madonna and her husband of close to eight years, British filmmaker Guy Ritchie, are splitting up. The two were married in 2000 and have two children together, son Rocco(b. 2000), and adopted son David Banda(b. 2005, adopted 2006). In addition, Madonna has a daughter from a previous relationship who was born in 1996.

After living the swinging single life, one might have thought that when she got married in 2000 at the age of 42, Madonna was mature enough and ready to settle down with a husband and kids. But it seems like the married life just wasn't for her.

Who said it was her fault?  Maybe he's a twat. :D

Then again, if he was, she'd probably beat his ass.  She's got some serious muscles. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 10/17/08 at 11:15 pm

Maybe Madonna's the twat? She isn't known for her "nice" personality. She's known for her narcissistic and diva behavior. She's known for being an unpleasant woman  :-X  (I'm being nice here) behind the scenes. I'm glad Guy Ritchie got away. I like Madonna's music, but I don't really like her. Do you people really think Madonna cares about anyone else, but herself? Maybe at the most she cares about her kids, but other than that I think she's selfish.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/08 at 2:28 am

There is a rumour going round the media that he original married her for a bet.

Written By: Gis on 10/18/08 at 4:57 am

There is a rumour going round the media that he original married her for a bet.
Very long running bet!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/08 at 4:59 am

Very long running bet!
He won his bet when he married her back in 2000 and now is paying the consequence of it.

Written By: Lionel Ritchie on 10/18/08 at 4:15 pm

No one knows what goes on in a marriage.  We only "know" them from a distance, so to speculate is useless and invasive.  We each have our own lives to deal with anyway, no need to worry about other people's just because they're entertainers.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/18/08 at 7:23 pm

That girl's been around so much, I hope that A-Rod has a good pair of snow shoes... 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/08 at 11:04 pm

Who said it was her fault?  Maybe he's a twat. :D

Then again, if he was, she'd probably beat his ass.  She's got some serious muscles. :o

I second this!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/19/08 at 5:25 am

I would say that they are both to blame, you can't point at just one.  The kids will pay the price.  These people use kids as publicity stunts. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/08 at 6:29 am

I think that Guy Ritchie does not need the Madonna's money

Written By: Jessica on 10/19/08 at 10:50 am

I think that Guy Ritchie does not need the Madonna's money

Obviously he did, or else he wouldn't have taken the $60 million settlement.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/08 at 11:08 am

Obviously he did, or else he wouldn't have taken the $60 million settlement.

Hey, I man's gotta feed his family, y'know.
::)

Written By: Jessica on 10/19/08 at 11:10 am

Hey, I man's gotta feed his family, y'know.
::)

Yep.  Lobster and caviar for dinner!

Check for new replies or respond here...