inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Solving a Mystery

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/18/08 at 7:08 pm

OK, so I tuned in to VH-1's reality show "The Pickup Artist 2" today.  Apparently the show is about this guy who calls himself "Mystery" and teaches an array of geeks how to pick up chicks and get more @ss than a toilet seat.

However "Mystery" dresses with painted fingernails, mesh shirts, various other piercings, and wears this really annoying set of goggles over a knit watch cap.

Anybody else see this show?  My opinion is that if "Mystery" ever showed up in a bar here in Picksburgh, he'd get his azz kicked within 15 minutes.  And that would be by the women.  ;D

Ladies of the board, what say you?  Is "Mystery" a lothario, or a douchebag? ???

Subject: Re: Solving a Mystery

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/18/08 at 7:23 pm

http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/showimages/pick_up_artist/cast/288x104.jpg

Never saw the show and really have no desire to.  Just looking for a photo of the guy, I read all that I really care to.

I'm not judge of character and what attracts me to certain guys (when I was single) maybe other women would not find attractive.  I, personally, like geeks, especially if they are smart.  If they are "trained" in being a lothario, that is such a turn-off. 

If this guy, Mystery, is depending on his "style" to merit out women, he must be hooking up with some insecure "babes". 

Written By: Dagwood on 10/18/08 at 7:58 pm

My vote would be douchebag, judging from the picture.

Written By: snozberries on 10/18/08 at 8:29 pm

I've only seen clips of the show on The Soup and the only thing cool about this show and so-called pickup artist are the jokes Joel McHale makes about it and him  ;D

Written By: Sweet Illest Baby on 10/18/08 at 10:43 pm

Yeah he looks like an idiot.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/08 at 4:17 pm

In today's episode, Mystery sent the guys to practice picking up women at a bingo club.  The bingo ladies then ranked the players.

Mystery gave the winning geek one of his sure-fire fashion accessories for scoring chicks... a feather boa.  ::)

Yep... I am leaning towards the "douchebag" description...  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/19/08 at 9:37 pm

My opinion is that if "Mystery" ever showed up in a bar here in Picksburgh, he'd get his azz kicked within 15 minutes. 

depends on where he would show up at. If it was at Pegasus...I think he would be welcomed with open arms. ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/04/08 at 5:58 am

Well yesterday my company was having a sales meeting, and our head sales guy (who is also a real douche bag who is always working 24/7 to impress you with how much money he has, what he's done, who he knows, blah blah blah) starts saying "when the customer asks you for a proposal by a certain date, tell him it will take a bit longer because you have too many customer proposals going right now.  That way he will think that our services are in demand and he'll want them even more."

I blurted out "Yeah! False Time Constraint! That's what Mystery would do..." ;)  I never knew that Mystery could teach us on so many levels.

Perhaps the next time I am asked to go out on a sales call I will wear a furry Dr Suess hat with aviator goggles on it.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...