inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Man Finds Racial Slur Printed On Receipt

Written By: Jessica on 10/21/08 at 1:44 pm

http://www.kmbc.com/cnn-news/17768390/detail.html

This gets me:

The next day, hoping to get answers about how the words got on the receipt, the Slaters returned to the store. But they said they never got a full explanation, only that the employee entered a generic code.

"And it pulled up six or seven different choices, and the choice that she (the employee) chose was the very last choice," said Slater's father, Keith.

If a code that the employee is entering is pulling up a racial slur, wouldn't you, you know, FIX IT?!?!

Subject: Re: Man Finds Racial Slur Printed On Receipt

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/21/08 at 1:57 pm

Holy s%^&t!  That's horrible!  :o >:(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/21/08 at 2:25 pm

Journey's is a known "White Kid" store.  This really doesn't surprise me however it infuriates me.  Why people do stupid sh*t like that is beyond me.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/21/08 at 2:40 pm

Never been to that place, wouldn't go there anyway.

That employee needs a good firing.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/21/08 at 3:19 pm

http://www.kmbc.com/cnn-news/17768390/detail.html

This gets me:

If a code that the employee is entering is pulling up a racial slur, wouldn't you, you know, FIX IT?!?!

Yeah, and it happened right here in Kansas City. Big shock.

People in this city are racist as hell.

I could launch into a huge tirade about it because to be honest, I have a lot of pent up feelings about it, but I'm not sure I wanna go there.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/21/08 at 4:05 pm

I'm an Asian guy and this sheesh makes me mad! Racism is so childish >:( .

Written By: Jessica on 10/21/08 at 4:24 pm

Yeah, and it happened right here in Kansas City. Big shock.

People in this city are racist as hell.

I could launch into a huge tirade about it because to be honest, I have a lot of pent up feelings about it, but I'm not sure I wanna go there.

Go there! :D

I'm an Asian guy and this sheesh makes me mad! Racism is so childish >:( .

It doesn't make me mad.  It makes me sad that people can't get over what ethnicity you are.  I've felt the bullsh*t from both White people and Mexicans because I'm not one or the other.  I'm sure my son will have it worse because he's Asian, White, and Mexican (he has other ethnic traits, but not as dominant as those three).  The boy looks like me, which means he's pale as hell, but his last name is very very Chinese, so I'm sure that will cause some startled glances when he starts school.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/08 at 7:56 pm

Has to be a disgruntled employee - no business could possibly be so stupid as to have a "dumb n*gger" hotkey on their cash/return registers, let alone on one that shows the customer that "code".

Just to stir up the pot a bit... that article fails to mention the race of the employee who gave/made the receipt.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/23/08 at 10:26 pm

Uhhhh...."Dumb N---er" as one of seven "generic codes"? 

What were the others?  I guess we'll have to use our imaginations!
:D

Wait a minute?  Who's dumb around here again?

Check for new replies or respond here...