inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ATTENTION EBAYERS!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/08 at 4:33 pm

I'm sure most (if not all) of you know the problems with eBay lately-higher fees, sellers can't give negative feedback, HAVE to use PayPal, etc. etc. Well, if you are fed up with them as we are, we found a new venue: www.wensy.com

For sellers: What makes this one different from all the others? NO FEES!!!   Let me repeat that: NO FEES!!!  That's right, you can list all the junk stuff you want and there is no insertion fee, no final value fee. You can even open your own store for NOTHING!!! And people are selling on there-it is slow but things are selling.

For buyers: There isn't a lot of competition-you should be able to find a bargain or two. Also, depending on the seller, you may be able to pay with money order or check.

It is a growing site so you may want to check it out, and please tell your friends about it.

That is: www.wensy.com

Cat

Subject: Re: ATTENTION EBAYERS!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/08 at 4:36 pm

I'm sure most (if not all) of you know the problems with eBay lately-higher fees, sellers can't give negative feedback, HAVE to use PayPal, etc. etc. Well, if you are fed up with them as we are, we found a new venue: www.wensy.com

For sellers: What makes this one different from all the others? NO FEES!!!   Let me repeat that: NO FEES!!!  That's right, you can list all the junk stuff you want and there is no insertion fee, no final value fee. You can even open your own store for NOTHING!!! And people are selling on there-it is slow but things are selling.

For buyers: There isn't a lot of competition-you should be able to find a bargain or two. Also, depending on the seller, you may be able to pay with money order or check.

It is a growing site so you may want to check it out, and please tell your friends about it.

That is: www.wensy.com

Cat

Oh!!!

Is the site international?

Written By: Jessica on 10/21/08 at 4:37 pm

Good call.  I've been hearing a lot of crap about eBay lately, and not just from you.  There were some people I know who used to sell stuff on there, but quit after PayPal (owned by eBay) refused to release funds to them from an international customer because they weren't verified or something.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/08 at 4:46 pm

Oh!!!

Is the site international?

I believe so. I know when I list something, it will ask what currency. Check it out.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/08 at 4:48 pm

I believe so. I know when I list something, it will ask what currency. Check it out.

Cat
I do plan to at a lull moment.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/21/08 at 5:12 pm

I don't use eBay as hardly anyone in NZ uses it. We tend to use a local variant, which also has very high fees.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/21/08 at 11:18 pm

It's just unfortunate that Ebay is like the only online auction site that actually receives the most traffic flow. I checked out that site awhile ago Cat....and it didn't look like there was much activity (hardly any bids on any of the items). it's great that it is free listing and stuff....but it's just a shame that Ebay totally monopolizes the internet when it comes to auction sites. They definitely need competition...but I don't think it will be that easy to obtain their sort of status. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/08 at 1:53 am

The online auction site eBay does still give offers, like last weekend, you can list your items using the Auction-style format with a starting price of 99p or under on eBay.co.uk and pay no Insertion Fee.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/08 at 11:02 am

It's just unfortunate that Ebay is like the only online auction site that actually receives the most traffic flow. I checked out that site awhile ago Cat....and it didn't look like there was much activity (hardly any bids on any of the items). it's great that it is free listing and stuff....but it's just a shame that Ebay totally monopolizes the internet when it comes to auction sites. They definitely need competition...but I don't think it will be that easy to obtain their sort of status. :-\\

That is why we need to get the word out that there are other sites out there. If the sellers go-the buyers will follow-but they have to know that there is someplace other than eBay-which is why I started this thread.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/08 at 11:07 am

Iceland for sale on eBay

Deleted for lack of humour.

Check for new replies or respond here...