inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother found dead.

Written By: Jessica on 10/24/08 at 7:21 pm

Happened earlier today on the South Side.  Jennifer's nephew is now missing and an Amber Alert is out for him.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6468863

So sad. :\'(

Subject: Re: Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother found dead.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/24/08 at 8:49 pm

I just read about this...how heartbreaking. :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 10/24/08 at 9:32 pm

that's horrible!

Written By: iquestion on 10/25/08 at 1:49 am

They have the strictest gun laws there and yet the HIGHEST MURDER RATE...(at least 900) in one year..I'm just saying!

Do you think Texas can show them a thing or two?

Written By: ninny on 10/25/08 at 6:25 am

This is tragic :\'(

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 9:54 am

They have the strictest gun laws there and yet the HIGHEST MURDER RATE...(at least 900) in one year..I'm just saying!

Do you think Texas can show them a thing or two?

You know what?  I didn't post this to hear your crap about gun laws or try to decipher your horrific grammar and sentence structure.  If you want to bitch about guns and gun laws, take it to the politics board becaus any further posts about it on here will be reported.

ANYWAYS.....
They have that guy in custody this morning.  CNN looked up his MySpace page and found he listed himself as married to Jennifer Hudson's sister and that he has a stepson.  The little boy is still missing though, and they're still looking for those two cars.  I hope that little boy is safe. :-\\

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/25/08 at 10:10 am

How tragic... I hope the little boy is okay and I hope the bastard that did this pays with his life.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 12:22 pm

You know what?  I didn't post this to hear your crap about gun laws or try to decipher your horrific grammar and sentence structure.  If you want to bitch about guns and gun laws, take it to the politics board becaus any further posts about it on here will be reported.

ANYWAYS.....
They have that guy in custody this morning.  CNN looked up his MySpace page and found he listed himself as married to Jennifer Hudson's sister and that he has a stepson.  The little boy is still missing though, and they're still looking for those two cars.  I hope that little boy is safe. :-\\

that sucks.... was the missing boy the stepson? Where was Hudson's sister, as I suppose she was the intended target. Wonder if the boy was with her whereverer she is....probably not tho since they put out an alert for him. I had a feeling, when I first saw the report that the boy was hiding somewhere in or near the house....but then I remembered I saw that on an episode of CSI or Without a Trace.  :-\\  maybe I do watch too much tv.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/08 at 12:42 pm

I hate to admit this but I have no idea who Jennifer Hudson is.  :-[ :-[ :-[  I know, I know I am totally out of touch. However, I did hear about this yesterday and it is VERY sad-even though I don't know who she is, it is a very sad story no matter who it happened to.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 1:04 pm

I hate to admit this but I have no idea who Jennifer Hudson is.  :-http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/georgeycub/HudsonJennifer.jpg

and she played Carrie Bradshaw's assistant in the Sex & The City movie.

Written By: iquestion on 10/25/08 at 2:56 pm

ANYWAYS.....

If you are writing to make a statement and have people comment, THAT is MY comment.

If you take offense to it..find a 'JESSICA' board where you just leave 'statements' to read.

If someone leaves messages on a 'communty' board..I leave MY comments and others leave theirs  to what was stated.

Seeing your statement, I cut to the chase..YES, it is tragic and what else needs to be said?

I then leave MY comment, grammarically-however I wish to put it...Thought that's how the board works?

All I did was leave my comment on how I felt...it was a terrible crime...and WHY did that have to happen?
If it turns into a political 'discussion' then YES it should be part of the political thread.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 3:50 pm

If you are writing to make a statement and have people comment, THAT is MY comment.

If you take offense to it..find a 'JESSICA' board where you just leave 'statements' to read.

If someone leaves messages on a 'communty' board..I leave MY comments and others leave theirs  to what was stated.

Seeing your statement, I cut to the chase..YES, it is tragic and what else needs to be said?

I then leave MY comment, grammarically-however I wish to put it...Thought that's how the board works?

All I did was leave my comment on how I felt...it was a terrible crime...and WHY did that have to happen?
If it turns into a political 'discussion' then YES it should be part of the political thread.

personally I'd like to know where you got you "facts" since I can't find anything to support 900 murders in Illinois in one year

in 2003 Chicago had 600+ murders and are suspected to go above 500 again this year.  And yes their murder rate is up 18% but that doesn't mean they have the highest in the nation. 

And what evidence do you have that Illinois has the strictest gun laws?

your problem is you often speak on conjecture not fact.

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 5:35 pm

A comment that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the story, just some diatribe on gun laws and Chicago having 900 murders.

I don't take offense to it, but I know how you operate on this board.  You take a post about something and turn it around to something else.

Good for you.  You want a cookie?

If nothing else needed to be said, then why did you start talking about gun control and how we suck for having it so strict over here?  Why did you feel the need to go off on a wild tangent with no facts cited?

A comment that was meant to stir the pot, nothing more.

You said nothing about how you felt.  Do I have to quote your comment again to refresh your memory?

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 5:48 pm

um.... can I have a cookie?  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 5:57 pm

um.... can I have a cookie?   ;D

LMFAO.

Next batch of chocolate chip cookies I make will be shipped to you.

Look, I don't care if you go off topic.  Lord knows I do it all the time.  But I know how saver iquestion operates.  He posts inflammatory BS to try and get people riled up, and I'm not going to have it on this thread.  It was never my intention for Jennifer Hudson's loss to be used as a platform for someone to start in about gun control.  Like I said, you want a topic on that, go start it in the politics thread.

I could be a real ass and lock the topic, but I won't....unless I get plastered later and decide to. :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 6:01 pm

LMFAO.

Next batch of chocolate chip cookies I make will be shipped to you.

Look, I don't care if you go off topic.  Lord knows I do it all the time.  But I know how saver iquestion operates.  He posts inflammatory BS to try and get people riled up, and I'm not going to have it on this thread.  It was never my intention for Jennifer Hudson's loss to be used as a platform for someone to start in about gun control.  Like I said, you want a topic on that, go start it in the politics thread.

I could be a real ass and lock the topic, but I won't....unless I get plastered later and decide to. :D

I'm with you... like I said I wouldn't have minded so much if saver iquestion had actual facts instead of pulling random numbers from no where.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/25/08 at 6:04 pm

In that spirit I removed my post. This is such a tragedy, I don't have hopes for the nephew.  Absolutely devastating.

Written By: iquestion on 10/25/08 at 8:37 pm

personally I'd like to know where you got you "facts" since I can't find anything to support 900 murders in Illinois in one year

in 2003 Chicago had 600+ murders and are suspected to go above 500 again this year.  And yes their murder rate is up 18% but that doesn't mean they have the highest in the nation. 

And what evidence do you have that Illinois has the strictest gun laws?

your problem is you often speak on conjecture not fact.

I know I have been criticized of sources in the past and in many cases I would state if it was accredited to someone of note.

In this case, it was part of the 9pm newschat on KLSX -FM TALK ..an affiliate of CBSradio L.A.(The Tim Conway Jr. Show) With a soundbite-which I made note of the figures as it was mentioned and not who was giving the report..I think it was partly from the newsbriefing in the afternoon when reporters got to ask whoever was speaking their questions.

Not sure if the station has replays online of the show, and the comments of the stricted laws in Chicago was made by Tim Conway Jr. as he was challenged by a caller when the subject came up as to whether letting people have guns makes the town safer..which led to a caller saying it does and the discussion went on that Chicago has the laws and yet the highest etc...

If I need to get more specific with posts, I guess I will resort to doing the mentions as a newstory so it doesn't come off as an opinion.

If I can find more,I will include it, next time as I don't want to sqwitch the thread here to the irateness of others.

Thanks for your interest Snoz.   

Written By: iquestion on 10/25/08 at 8:48 pm

A comment that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the story, just some diatribe on gun laws and Chicago having 900 murders.

I don't take offense to it, but I know how you operate on this board.  You take a post about something and turn it around to something else.

If nothing else needed to be said, then why did you start talking about gun control and how we suck for having it so strict over here?  Why did you feel the need to go off on a wild tangent with no facts cited?

A comment that was meant to stir the pot, nothing more.

You said nothing about how you felt.  Do I have to quote your comment again to refresh your memory?

Uh, what exactly did you WANT people to say?

Sorry I didn't say 'oh what a shame for her' ..THAT'S redundant and a 'given'..From my comment, I am one who, true, likes to stir things in to start discussions on board..and I commented on what COULD be addressed to keep a convesation and thought moving on..so to say something about the gunlaw DOES pertain to the story..THEY ARE IN CHICAGO,  I questioned what's up with such a place that let's something like this(mother and brother dying) happen..  That's why I jumped in with that side of the story..

Modifying here..I looked up various stats on Chicago Murders of 2008 compared to 2007 which they are saying the numbers are up by 18%..I will not care to be held to the number 900+ after reading it but Chicago did have over 1,500 assaults with a weapon-and that also provokes the topic of what can we do to stop this type of violence...tied into the story of the Hudson family murder.

I believe I have located a more like 749 murders compared to 900+. Either way..just don't want to hear anymore of these stories involveing nasty violence but it seems to go up lately. 

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 9:23 pm

Uh, what exactly did you WANT people to say?

Condolences and I wanted them to know the info about the missing boy.  Some of the members on here live in this area or live near enough to Chicago where they might see him.

Sorry I didn't say 'oh what a shame for her' ..THAT'S redundant and a 'given'

Then why answer if it's just going to be a comment about something (gun control) that wasn't even brought up?

..From my comment, I am one who, true, likes to stir things in to start discussions on board..

You're not kidding about that. ::)

and I commented on what COULD be addressed to keep a convesation and thought moving on

How so?  By saying something akin to, "See what happens when gun control is so strict?"

..so to say something about the gunlaw DOES pertain to the story..THEY ARE IN CHICAGO,

Since when is Chicago this big scary city where bogeymen and bad people live?  You're like the 50th person who has said something along these lines since this story broke.  Chicago is a lovely city, and true, we do have problems, but it is nothing like you're imagining.  By the way, don't you live in L.A.?

I questioned what's up with such a place that let's something like this(mother and brother dying) happen..  That's why I jumped in with that side of the story..

Yes, because the city TOTALLY said, "YEAH!  You should go kill someone!  WITH A GUN!!!" :P

Written By: iquestion on 10/26/08 at 1:13 am

Condolences and I wanted them to know the info about the missing boy.  Some of the members on here live in this area or live near enough to Chicago where they might see him.

Then why answer if it's just going to be a comment about something (gun control) that wasn't even brought up?

You're not kidding about that. ::)

How so?  By saying something akin to, "See what happens when gun control is so strict?"

Since when is Chicago this big scary city where bogeymen and bad people live?  You're like the 50th person who has said something along these lines since this story broke.  Chicago is a lovely city, and true, we do have problems, but it is nothing like you're imagining.  By the way, don't you live in L.A.?

Yes, because the city TOTALLY said, "YEAH!  You should go kill someone!  WITH A GUN!!!" :P

Well, I live NEAR L.A. enough to stay away from most of ther problems, and I am not trying to turn this into a CHICAGO SUCKS, PICK ON CHICAGO thread etc..
They have their problems and it is admittedly so..2008 and LA AND CHICAGO still having 'gang/turf' wars and killing..I say what's up with that?

LA suburb recently had a guy who offed his WHOLE family AND his mother in-law because he couldn't put up with his financial situation..many jumped on that with 'how awful killing everyone! We're all for getting rid of him but to go for everyone'..So,that was an example of 'idiots' with guns.

Can't say who did the killing in Ill. but if it's true that Chicago or the state is striving to get the shooting problem solved, it ain't working.
No more as this is off subject and I am honoring the site.

#And uh, I haven't seen 'saver' jump in to back me or not on this but (they? said they were gone from the site from one blog I found.) 

Written By: danootaandme on 10/26/08 at 6:55 am

#And uh, I haven't seen 'saver' jump in to back me or not on this but

Yeah, he left just about the same time you showed up.

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/08 at 9:44 am

;D

Written By: Jessica on 10/26/08 at 9:50 am

Well, I live NEAR L.A. enough to stay away from most of ther problems, and I am not trying to turn this into a CHICAGO SUCKS, PICK ON CHICAGO thread etc..
They have their problems and it is admittedly so..2008 and LA AND CHICAGO still having 'gang/turf' wars and killing..I say what's up with that?

Every city has problems.  I'm just wondering why a majority of people think that Chicago is this big scary city with someone lurking in every back alley waiting to kick your ass.  Like I said in the prior post, you're not the first to voice doubts about the city's safety.  I live in Hyde Park, which is a mixture of incomes, ethnicities, and college students.  It is by no means a perfect neighborhood (come on people, pick up your dog's crap!), but still very friendly overall.  I was actually stunned to find that people do still say, "Hello" or "good morning" to you, even if they don't know you. :D  The one shooting we did have on this block took place only because an idiot frat boy got drunk and tried to break down his neighbor's door.  The neighbor shot him, not killing him, but stopping him in his tracks.

Now Hyde Park does border some of the poorer neighborhoods in the South Side, but by no means is the South Side this big monstrous glob of gangs and violence.  You're likely to find most people just working hard, caring for their kids, and just trying to make ends meet as best they can.  The loyalty to the neighborhood you grew up in is evident from Jennifer Hudson's mom refusing to move after Jennifer became so famous.  That tells you a lot about the character of the city.  As of now, most of her neighbors are out looking for the little boy and helping Jennifer's family.  Does that sound like the mark of a cold, impersonal city with so many problems?

iwonder. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/08 at 10:22 am

Every city has problems.  I'm just wondering why a majority of people think that Chicago is this big scary city with someone lurking in every back alley waiting to kick your ass.  Like I said in the prior post, you're not the first to voice doubts about the city's safety.  I live in Hyde Park, which is a mixture of incomes, ethnicities, and college students.  It is by no means a perfect neighborhood (come on people, pick up your dog's crap!), but still very friendly overall.  I was actually stunned to find that people do still say, "Hello" or "good morning" to you, even if they don't know you. :D  The one shooting we did have on this block took place only because an idiot frat boy got drunk and tried to break down his neighbor's door.  The neighbor shot him, not killing him, but stopping him in his tracks.

Now Hyde Park does border some of the poorer neighborhoods in the South Side, but by no means is the South Side this big monstrous glob of gangs and violence.  You're likely to find most people just working hard, caring for their kids, and just trying to make ends meet as best they can.  The loyalty to the neighborhood you grew up in is evident from Jennifer Hudson's mom refusing to move after Jennifer became so famous.  That tells you a lot about the character of the city.  As of now, most of her neighbors are out looking for the little boy and helping Jennifer's family.  Does that sound like the mark of a cold, impersonal city with so many problems?

iwonder. ;D

I think its a hold over from the 90s when gang violence was on the news daily. There is still gang violence but we've become so complacent to it that it rarely makes the news (or is the topic of TV shows and movies - like in the 80s and 90s)

Its just the big cities too,

New York
Detroit
LA
Chicago

but the truth is you find this stuff everywhere.  I love Santa Barbara- its a beautiful community, a lot of wealthy people live here so there is a perception that everyone is rich.... we have gang violence too.  In fact- the community did a great job of keeping this dirty little secret until two years ago when a gang member was stabbed by rival gang member at 2 o'clock in the afternoon right in the heart of a main tourist locale.  Suddenly SB's Gang Community turned into a crisis.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/08 at 1:08 pm

She was on American Idol (the year Fantasia won - season 3 I think)

She was Effie in the film Dream Girls
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/georgeycub/HudsonJennifer.jpg

and she played Carrie Bradshaw's assistant in the Sex & The City movie.

Thanks. The only one I have seen was Dream Girls.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/08 at 1:34 pm

Thanks. The only one I have seen was Dream Girls.

Cat

She kicked ass in that movie. Deserved all the awards and accolades she got.

saw this on Myspace. http://celebrity.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=celebrity.blog

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/27/08 at 12:12 am

I hadn't heard of Jennifer Hudson either, but this is a grisly horrifying story celebrity or not.

Apparently, she's offering a $100 grand reward for the boy's safe return.

That Balfour punk (the one with the big hair) was in the joint for seven years for carjacking and attempted murder.  It doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty or anything....
::)

Written By: iquestion on 10/27/08 at 1:46 am

Well, think what you'd like, I looked over the 'saver' blogs and don't think (they/he/she-but he did lean toward being 'he') is as hard right as I am.

I have to sit back as stated before, and will stay off  to watch the politics and the various blogs I was part of play out. So you may find my future comments limited.

Back to the site now.......    :-X

Written By: karen on 10/27/08 at 9:14 am

I heard on the radio a little while ago that the police had found a body of a young boy in a car.

a quick search found this news story

ABC news

"Police searching for Jennifer Hudson's missing 7-year-old nephew found the body of a young black boy in an SUV Monday. There was no confirmation on the identity of the body."

Written By: Dagwood on 10/27/08 at 10:05 am

They're reporting here that it is the families missing SUV.  So heartbreaking.

Written By: Jessica on 10/27/08 at 10:09 am

I heard on the radio a little while ago that the police had found a body of a young boy in a car.

a quick search found this news story

ABC news

"Police searching for Jennifer Hudson's missing 7-year-old nephew found the body of a young black boy in an SUV Monday. There was no confirmation on the identity of the body."

This is what I feared.  Even if it isn't his body (but likely that it is), why the hell would you kill a child?  *sigh* :\'(

They're reporting here that it is the families missing SUV.  So heartbreaking.

Yeah, the breaking news item on the WGN website is saying that it is his body now.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/08 at 10:24 am

gosh, my heart goes out to Jennifer and her sister on these horrible tragedies. :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 10/27/08 at 1:05 pm

How awful for them.  I hope the press lets them grieve in private.  Their pain does not need to be splashed all over the news.  My heart goes out to them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/08 at 3:35 pm

So sad.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 10/27/08 at 4:24 pm

They have confirmed that the body found was the little boy they were looking for.  He had been shot multiple times.

F*ck, I hate this. :\'(

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/27/08 at 7:49 pm

What an awful tragedy! My thoughts are with Jennifer and her entire family.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 1:29 am

Yeah I guess Jennifer went in to ID the body because her sister couldn't

Did anyone see Oprah today? I was missed it b/c I was in LA. I was wondering if she said anything since she's in Chicago too.  OF course I was more curious if she would have when the amber alert was in effect but it would have been canceled by the time Oprah aired there b.c they found the body before she went on the air.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/08 at 11:06 am

Yeah I guess Jennifer went in to ID the body because her sister couldn't

Did anyone see Oprah today? I was missed it b/c I was in LA. I was wondering if she said anything since she's in Chicago too.  OF course I was more curious if she would have when the amber alert was in effect but it would have been canceled by the time Oprah aired there b.c they found the body before she went on the air.

Did you check YouTube?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 11:10 am

Did you check YouTube?

Cat

not yet

Check for new replies or respond here...