inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Obama will be our next president!

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/04/08 at 10:30 pm

Rather than posting this in the political thread, I figured I'd post here since it is a huge moment in our culture and history, and will shape the future to come. It really is a turning point in our culture, and the elections results are influenced heavily by Generation Y, the 18-25 year old voters. It is also a huge change from the 8 years of G.W. Bush, and could usher in a new era. Personally, it's a happy day for me, and like many I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Subject: Re: Obama will be our next president!

Written By: DuncanMcA on 11/05/08 at 6:44 am

Yes it's wonderful news and it seems like the first time there's been an air of optimism since the build-up to the millennium. There hasn't been as much celebration surrounding a presidential result since JFK and I hope this will lead to somewhat of a renaissance of popular culture, which again has stagnated since the year 2000.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/08 at 7:10 am

Obama is going to have a huge job ahead of him.  I think people may be expecting more than he will be able to do.  That being said, this is a great day in America, a great day in history, and he is the right man in the right position to get things done.  I have never seen this sort of reaction to an election in my lifetime.  Absolutely Fabulous  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/05/08 at 5:55 pm

Whether you're a Obama supporter or not, you gotta admit, this election will be one of the most remembered election in US history!

Written By: Marian on 11/06/08 at 12:53 pm

Obama is going to have a huge job ahead of him.  I think people may be expecting more than he will be able to do.  That being said, this is a great day in America, a great day in history, and he is the right man in the right position to get things done.  I have never seen this sort of reaction to an election in my lifetime.  Absolutely Fabulous   :)
I agree.

Check for new replies or respond here...