inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Till Death

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/09/08 at 12:34 pm

I loved this show when The Woodcocks were next door to Joy and Eddie, now its boring and just sucks. Boo on Fox for tampering a good comedy.

Subject: Re: Till Death

Written By: whistledog on 11/09/08 at 4:59 pm

I can't say as I watch it regularly due to my work schedule.  As long as someone is watching it, I will get the DVDs.  I alraedy got Season 1 and am patiently awating forthcoming Season 2

Written By: Step-chan on 11/10/08 at 1:51 pm

I've never heard of either.(I think)

Written By: whistledog on 11/10/08 at 10:22 pm

^ 'Til Death is a sitcom on FOX that stars Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Joely Fisher (Ellen) as The Starks, a married couple, seemingly happy for the last 23 years

The premise of the show is (or should I say was) that The Woodcocks (Eddie Kaye Thomas (Finch from the original American Pie trilogy) and newcomer Kat Foster), a newlywed couple of 12 days, move in next door and the foursome become friends and sometimes enemies

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/12/08 at 9:58 pm

... a sitcom on FOX that stars Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Joely Fisher's ample cleavage (Ellen) as The Starks, a married couple, seemingly happy for the last 23 years

Fixed that for you. 

FOX is trying to re-create the gleeful dysfunctionality and cynicism they invented when they came out with Married with Children, and Til Death does a barely-adequate job of it.  In that respect (as well as the cleavage factor), it still beats reality TV and copies of other networks' game shows.

In FOX's defense, 24, Terminator, and the Sunday-night animation lineup are still about the only new programming (other than PBS news/documentaries/britcoms) that I can be bothered to watch anymore.  If I were ever selected to be a "Nielsen family", they'd swear there were two people living here.  When it comes to TV, there's no middle ground for me; I'm either geeking out to some policy wonk on the NewsHour, Charlie Rose, or some defense contractor pr0n on NOVA, or I'm sitting there with a beer in my hand salivating for an all-new Ow, My Balls on the Violence Channel.  (And FOX has that too; they just call it COPS!)

Check for new replies or respond here...