inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best & Worst Music Video of 2008

Written By: woops on 11/12/08 at 2:56 pm

Yes, music videos are still being made despite that MTV & VH1 hardly airs them or only for a few hours in the dusk hours...

What are some of the best & worst videos of the year...

Best Video of 2008
The Ting Tings "Shut Up & Let Me Go"
The video features great zooming effects (similar to White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army") and martial art moves between the members (Katie White & Jules Demartino).

Runner Up: Natasha Bedingfield "Pocketful Of Sunshine"
It's a  'feel good video' that starts off with Natasha having a hard day at an office (where she supposedly works in the video) and takes a parachute to the top of a building with other people using the pop song for escapism from some graffiti artists  to a disadvantaged  young kid.

Also: She & Him "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"
Yes, that's actress Zooey Deschanel and she's actually a good singer. Though not really into this type of  music, the song's catchy and the video's very creative with it's animation and campy visual effects.

Worst Videos:

too much to mention...

Good Song/Bad Video
Duffy "Warwick Avenue"
While the song's great, the video's mostly boring and Duffy should've not worn mascara.

Subject: Re: Best & Worst Music Video of 2008

Written By: whistledog on 11/12/08 at 8:31 pm

Best Music Video (2008) ...

Alex Gaudino featuring Shena - Watch Out!
If all Soccer was like this, it would be the #1 sport in the world

Runner Up:  Freemasons featuring Katherine Ellis - When You Touch Me
For it's cool choreography

No opinion on worst ones becuase it would be an endless list of songs that I don't really like anyway LOL

Written By: Brian06 on 11/12/08 at 9:17 pm

I love "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry.

Written By: Andria on 11/12/08 at 9:35 pm

I like "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock.  :)8) :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/12/08 at 10:06 pm

I love "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry.

I just clicked that link and it told me "This video is not available in your country".  I've gotten messages like that from MTV.com, but never from YouTube.  This is a first LOL

Written By: Brian06 on 11/12/08 at 10:22 pm

I just clicked that link and it told me "This video is not available in your country".  I've gotten messages like that from MTV.com, but never from YouTube.  This is a first LOL

I've gotten it for a few videos before, one Leona Lewis video comes to mind. They release it for specific countries at specific times, it's dumb but oh well stupid record companies.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...