inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 2000's Hairstyles

Written By: tv on 11/13/08 at 5:07 pm

Remember the blonde highlights on dark hair that women used to have in 1999-2000/2001. I remember those cornrows too that some men used to have around 2001-2002 modeled after basketball players like Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell, and Richard Hamilton.

I used too grow my hair a little bit more than usual  too because I  liked the 80's noglastia back then and singers like Steve Perry back in the 80's used to have kinda have that shag look. I remember during the 2001 NBA playoffs Reggie Miller brought back "The Fade" haircut.

Subject: Re: Early 2000's Hairstyles

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/13/08 at 6:50 pm

Remember the blonde highlights on dark hair that women used to have in 1999-2000/2001. I remember those cornrows too that some men used to have around 2001-2002 modeled after basketball players like Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell, and Richard Hamilton.

I used too grow my hair a little bit more than usual  too because I  liked the 80's noglastia back then and singers like Steve Perry back in the 80's used to have kinda have that shag look. I remember during the 2001 NBA playoffs Reggie Miller brought back "The Fade" haircut.

Oh yeah, the blonde highlights was very 1999 (probably because the boy band members did it, lol). I actually did that back then for a little while too, I saw people with that look even up to '02/03 before it started to look silly.

Another one I remember (although it was more like 1998) was where guys would do a buzzcut over the lower part of their head (all around) and had sort of a bowl cut on top.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/13/08 at 9:45 pm

Does the "Rachel" fall into this category???

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/15/08 at 5:06 pm

Does the "Rachel" fall into this category???

I'd say no, although some people probably still were wearing it then, it's more of an early-mid '90s hairstyle.

Check for new replies or respond here...