inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was That Supposed to Be Jimmy Stewart?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/19/08 at 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone!  ;D

Alright, a couple of weeks ago, I taped the recent Treehouse of Horror special of the Simpsons and one of the segments featured Homer killing various celelbrities and using thier images for different products without thtier consent. Welll in "cartoon celebrity" heaven, the celebs revolted. I made out most of the celebs as Prince, John Wayne, John Lennon, and so on, but there was one that threw me.

As the celebs were laving Heaven, led by The Duke, a little man jumped in the way. He was tall and skinny and spoke with a bit of a Southern accent and really looked like Jimmy Stewart. They never said his name. Before he running him over with his horse, John Wayne called him a "mushmouth".

If anyone else saw this and can identify this character as Jimmy Stewart, let me know please!

Thank you!

Here's the link to the segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Bjyqyw5FE  ;D

Subject: Re: Was That Supposed to Be Jimmy Stewart?

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/08 at 7:20 pm

yeah it's totally Jimmy Stewart.  That is the typical way he is portrayed whenever anyone does an imitation of him.

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/08 at 7:21 pm

BTW  hulu has a better clip of it Simpsons Tree House of Horror 19  Its in the second segment.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/19/08 at 8:44 pm

Tiffeny .. of course, you've heard of Sammy Davis Jr. .... even though he's not of your generation. Apart from being a great singer /song and dance man .... did you know he was also excellent at voice impersonations ?

You might like this:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KCQc-naGb3E

P.S. If you like THAT ^ (hey ... that Cagney impersonation ... I found HILARIOUS ! :D  )  ... be sure to check out  the 'related videos' box to the side ... in particular:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYS1za9TNc  < Doing Michael Jackson's 'Bad' ...  no less !

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/08 at 9:34 pm

sammy's the man!!!

I found a few other Jimmy Stewart impersonations...

Jim Carey

Jimmy stewart does impersonations too  ;D  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9onCxssDM

and some guy named Johnny Ginger never heard of him but he's pretty good.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/20/08 at 8:07 pm

Gosh! Thanks guys. Amazing, even in a cartoon form, I can spot Jimmy Stewart.  :o I had taped the episode because of the little wannabe Prince character, but the Jimmy character is much more spot on than the Prince one. (he sounded like he'd been chugging Helium when he spoke)

And thanks for all the other links. Those are great!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...