inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Twilight

Written By: Satish on 11/22/08 at 2:46 pm

Based on a best-selling series of novels, it's a new movie about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire who's over a hundred years old. The books have a very large cult following, so the movie's expected to be huge, as well.

I don't know anything about it, but is anyone else a fan?

Subject: Re: Twilight

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/08 at 3:08 pm

I know Tam fell in love with the book, I have yet to read it. . .  I wonder if she was brave enough to go to the movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/08 at 3:11 pm

Has this Twilight anything to do with the Twilight book of Dean Koontz?

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/08 at 3:18 pm

Has this Twilight anything to do with the Twilight book of Dean Koontz?

no its by another author- the series of books is directed to teens but adults seem to like it tho. Its a vampire/werewolf love story I think.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/08 at 3:22 pm

no its by another author- the series of books is directed to teens but adults seem to like it tho. Its a vampire/werewolf love story I think.
Thanks, and thinking since posting the above the Dean Koontz book is Twilight Eyes and The Servants of Twilight. The solitary word title I was thinking of was Midnight, which was again horror, but on a different matter.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/22/08 at 7:29 pm

The author's name is Stephenie Meyer.  ;)

I'd love to see this movie, but I'll probably wait another couple of weeks.

Written By: Tam on 11/22/08 at 9:45 pm

I sure did brave it and went and saw it on Friday!

I am going to do a post in the movie review thread about it.

It was a fantastic movie!!!
(You'll have to read my review once I get it done in order to fully understand and appreciate it. I will post it soon and link it.)
Gimme a bit and I will be back in here to give the premise of the books as well if anyone likes. ;)

Written By: Tam on 11/22/08 at 10:24 pm

My review:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=34139.msg1814605#msg1814605

Written By: Tam on 11/22/08 at 11:17 pm

Summit Entertainment just announced that they will go ahead with the movie production of the second book New Moon.

http://www.summit-ent.com/   News Tab

"Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.

Stephenie Meyer stated, "I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment. I'm thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on NEW MOON."

Starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, TWILIGHT tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen, a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together...."

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/08 at 1:16 pm

It soundly beat Bolt, by 75 million dollars, in it's first week alone.  Bolt, meanwhile squeaked by with a pathetic 25 million, in it's opening.

Written By: Tam on 12/11/08 at 2:06 pm

Wow - a lot of information about to follow. SPOILER - Do not read if you haven't read New Moon yet!!!

Seems Summit Entertainment is looking for a new director for the next film New Moon and Eclipse. Catherine Hardwicke directed Twilight, but now says that she cannot fill the roll because her vision does not match Summits. Summit wants to have New Moon in the box office by October 20th, 2009! Filming starts in March and pre-production needs to be going on as of right now. They are trying to get the director from such movies as The Golden Compass, American Pie - Chris Weitz.
They are going to increase the budget by a mere $13 million, taking it up from the $37 mil for Twilight to total $50 million.

They fans are going crazy!
They fear that pushing the movie out too fast is going to make is look cheesy, that they are going to put more of Edward throughout the book when he really isn't there so much, and they are going to try and make a love story out of something that hasn't even been realized in this segment. New Moon is still a love story, but not the one that fans fear Summit will try to show.

I think Summit realizes the cash cow they are sitting on, and they want to capitalize on that. I am a loyal fan, but Summit better not F! this up!

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/twilight-sequel.html

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/08 at 8:06 pm

I am definitely a fan...love it!

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 9:36 pm

Based on a best-selling series of novels, it's a new movie about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire who's over a hundred years old. The books have a very large cult following, so the movie's expected to be huge, as well.

I don't know anything about it, but is anyone else a fan?

I want to read the books then see the movie (I know by then I will have to wait for DVD b/c I haven't even bought book(s) yet.

Sorry off-topic, but want to tell you I love your av!  Tenderheart is my favorite Care Bear

Check for new replies or respond here...