inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scores killed in Mumbai rampage.

Written By: Jessica on 11/26/08 at 5:25 pm

Hostages taken at two hotels, 78 dead, reports say gunmen were looking for people with British or US passports.

*sigh*

Subject: Re: Scores killed in Mumbai rampage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 2:07 am

The England cricket team is touring India and the last two One Day Internationals have been postponed and the test series is now doubtful.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/08 at 6:10 pm

This is very sad news.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/08 at 6:49 pm

Looks like Allah's warriors are at it again.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/27/08 at 7:24 pm

Jeez um they were pursuing people.  Rampage is the correct word. :(

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/08 at 9:57 pm

You know, I'm all for reporting the news, but when you make terrorists sound like superheroes, like in this quote:

"Deccan Mujahideen seem to be this amazing group that has come out of nowhere, that has been operating under the radar for all this time, yet able to mount such a sophisticated and well-coordinated attack," security analyst Will Geddes told CNN.

I really think you're sending the wrong message. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 2:28 am

The England cricket team is touring India and the last two One Day Internationals have been postponed and the test series is now doubtful.
The England cricket team are due to fly out today.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/28/08 at 8:37 am

You know, I'm all for reporting the news, but when you make terrorists sound like superheroes, like in this quote:

Perhaps they're comparing them to Taliban Insurgents who ride on bikes and throw acid.  Yeah, they should make the crimes sound like they're as horrible as they are.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/08 at 8:33 pm

A word to the media:

When you've got unconfirmed fatality reports, report the highest estimate first.  If you can cut the deathtoll over a period of hours or days, it contributes to a sense of relief, rather than rising horror. 

:o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/08 at 3:25 am

Worcestershire cricketer and former England player Kabir Ali escapes being caught up in the terror attacks in Mumbai.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/29/08 at 5:02 am

A word to the media:

When you've got unconfirmed fatality reports, report the highest estimate first.  If you can cut the deathtoll over a period of hours or days, it contributes to a sense of relief, rather than rising horror. 

Worked on 9/11

Written By: nally on 11/29/08 at 2:16 pm

This is very sad news.  :\'(

It certainly is. :( :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/29/08 at 6:29 pm

Worked on 9/11

Like 9/11, the punks who did it were hoping far more people would die.  These terrorists were hoping to snuff 5000.  They killed 18 and made a terrific mess.  The foot I saw of the Taj in flames was pretty scary!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/29/08 at 6:52 pm

Deccan Mujahideen seem to be this amazing group that has come out of nowhere, that has been operating under the radar for all this time, yet able to mount such a sophisticated and well-coordinated attack," security analyst Will Geddes told CNN.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. 

I translated that as "The official story doesn't make sense, no group is that 'amazing', nor do they ever really 'come out of nowhere'.  Any group small enough to stay under the radar couldn't pull this off (unless they had outside help).  Any group large enough to do it without outside help couldn't have remained under the radar (unless India's security forces are incompetent).  Now... India's not going to come out and admit that its own internal security is incompetent -- so that leaves us with the other option, namely a small group with external support, and the most likely suspect is Pakistan's ISI.  If that's the case, we'll all play along, because the polite fiction of 'we got taken by surprise by a bunch of nuts who got lucky' is a lot better than (conventional, with option to go nuclear) war between India and Pakistan."

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/29/08 at 7:31 pm

Sad and horrifying.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...