inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who's bigger?: 1999 Britney Spears or 2008 Miley Cyrus?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/08 at 11:28 pm

I pick Britney in 1999, I heard about her everywhere and her album sold more than Miley. And I don't even like Britney that much (no offense). Plus, I think Britney has a bigger stage prescence than Miley. Miley's gonna be one rich girl, oh, wait! She already is!

Subject: Re: Who's bigger?: 1999 Britney Spears or 2008 Miley Cyrus?

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/08 at 12:09 am

How about 2008 blow my own brains out?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/08 at 12:35 am

How about 2008 blow my own brains out?

Lol !  ;D

Written By: Bree on 11/27/08 at 2:04 am

Annette Funicello, the original Disney star  8) :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 2:06 am

As of the UK, Britney Spears in 1999 is bigger.

Written By: tv on 11/27/08 at 10:04 am

Britney in the US in 1999 was bigger than Miley is now.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/08 at 10:15 am

Britney.

Written By: Mike from Jersey on 11/27/08 at 11:05 am

Britney in 99, by far.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 12:43 pm

Both look to be the same size to me.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/08 at 5:48 pm

Britney was definitely bigger, not only in popularity, but also in all the right places.  ;)

Miley quite frankly comes off to me as completely manufactured.  And her old man Billy Ray is just simply annoying.  But you gotta admit, Miley sure is selling alot of cr@p so she's gonna be filthy rich.  She'll have plenty of money even BEFORE she does her first spread in Playboy Mag.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/08 at 8:42 pm

Britney was definitely bigger, not only in popularity, but also in all the right places.  ;)

Miley quite frankly comes off to me as completely manufactured.  And her old man Billy Ray is just simply annoying.  But you gotta admit, Miley sure is selling alot of cr@p so she's gonna be filthy rich.  She'll have plenty of money even BEFORE she does her first spread in Playboy Mag.

Don't you remember Britney was completely manufactured too?  It was only when she went off script and demonstrated she had more anatomy than Barbie that she seemed anything other than polystyrene!  However, Brit waited until she was in her twenties and I'd recommend Miley wait until then!
8)

Miley is definitely BIGGER than Britney right now, not that I prefer one over the other.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/28/08 at 11:03 pm

Miley is completely manufactured.  So are all the other Disney Channel twerps.  Billy Ray gives me the creeps.  Give it five years and she'll be doing a cheesy reality show.  As for Playboy, I'm not even going to bet you . . . because she craves that kind of attention.

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/08 at 11:10 pm

These days, it's not about how well you can sing, but how slutty you can look as little as possible.  Sex sells, and you can bet that all these teenagers who buy Britney CDs aren't buying them for the music.

I'd rather listen to some old hag with scabs on her face sing, then listen to Britney sing.  Where's the good old days when it was all about the voice and not the looks? :(

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/29/08 at 7:08 pm

South Park, Season 12, Episode 2: Britney's New Look.

The cycle that takes a manufactured celebrity through personal destruction and obscurity, and then the inevitable rebirth in the form of the next Disney-manufactured celebrity, must happen, or the corn will not grow.  Sacrifice in March, corn have plenty starch.  For harvest. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/29/08 at 8:13 pm

South Park, Season 12, Episode 2: Britney's New Look.

The cycle that takes a manufactured celebrity through personal destruction and obscurity, and then the inevitable rebirth in the form of the next Disney-manufactured celebrity, must happen, or the corn will not grow.  Sacrifice in March, corn have plenty starch.  For harvest. 

That's one of the best SP episodes...ev-errr!

Written By: Kryllith on 12/04/08 at 1:12 pm

You could say Britney was bigger based on albums sold, but then again parent's were being silly and buying Hannah Montana concert tickets for thousands of dollars each...

Check for new replies or respond here...