inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just when you think, that people couldn't be bigger, jerks...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/08 at 9:38 pm

Apparently there is now a National Kick A Ginger Kid Day.

Thhere is ever a Facebook page.

All I can say is that some people, have way too much time on their hands.

::)

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=ac06eaac-1cb1-4ee7-8e17-a9b8b314af71

Subject: Re: Just when you think, that people couldn't be bigger, jerks...

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/08 at 10:21 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

People don't have that much time on their hands, it's because who doesn't want to kick a ginger?  ;)

Written By: Bree on 11/27/08 at 10:37 pm

Why not gingerbreads instead?
http://i16.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/0d/27/e620_1.JPG

Written By: La Roche on 11/27/08 at 11:13 pm

People don't have that much time on their hands, it's because who doesn't want to kick a ginger?  ;)

I tend to beat them as if they were my stepchildren.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/08 at 11:24 pm

that's sooo mean of those kids. That poor little guy...with bruised legs and all. :\'(

Written By: Red Ant on 11/27/08 at 11:53 pm

Canadian Columbine anyone?

Les' see... on November 20th I was wearing steel toe boots and carrying a 20oz framing hammer, a razor knife, ratcheting conduit cutters, a pair of 9" linesman pliers, about 2lbs of 1 1/2" coarse thread drywall screws and a drywall jab saw. It would have been soooo hilarious if someone had tried to kick this 'ginger'.  ::)

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/08 at 12:03 am

it's cruel and bullies don't need much of a reason to hurt other kids.  but I have to admit that the South Park episode was funny 

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020kriS9JtCsAJo.jzbkF/SIG=12vd7fhs8/EXP=1227938475/**http%3A//www.southparkstuff.com/images/stories/epiimgs/epi911/epi911img51.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 11/28/08 at 12:20 am

Les' see... on November 20th I was wearing steel toe boots and carrying a 20oz framing hammer, a razor knife, ratcheting conduit cutters, a pair of 9" linesman pliers, about 2lbs of 1 1/2" coarse thread drywall screws and a drywall jab saw. It would have been soooo hilarious if someone had tried to kick this 'ginger'.  ::)

Ant

These are the things that give life flavor.

It would have been hilarious!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/08 at 5:46 am

Huh  :o  whatwhatwhat!!!  What they need now is "Kick a Kid who Kicked a Ginger" day.  Oh, and the parents of Gingers are invited to attend.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/08 at 8:52 am

Good idea!  ;D

Kick a Kid who Kicked a Ginger Day, is a go!  Whose with me?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/08 at 8:53 am

Ant

I take it that you are in the dry wall business.

Written By: wildcard on 11/28/08 at 11:39 am

I don't watch South Park myself.  Kids and other people that might not understand end up doing stupid things like kicking people and don't understand it's not the kicking other people that makes it funny. 

Written By: ninny on 11/28/08 at 1:46 pm

I tend to beat them as if they were my stepchildren.

My husband has red hair (What's left of it) and goes around quoting that saying all the time.
My daughter get's mad when we tell her that her baby will have red hair

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/28/08 at 6:38 pm

Why abuse ginger kids?  I like red heads.  You can't bottle the hair color you know.  Stupid bullying, pathetic. ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 11/28/08 at 8:47 pm

I take it that you are in the dry wall business.

Sort of... I do phone and data installation. Occasionally I have to move drywall out of my way or attach lines to it.

These are the things that give life flavor.

It would have been hilarious!

You must be a drywall guy.  ;D

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/08 at 8:58 pm

I don't watch South Park myself.  Kids and other people that might not understand end up doing stupid things like kicking people and don't understand it's not the kicking other people that makes it funny. 

Well, South Park is not recommended for children even though it appears to be about kids.  I grew up watching Popeye and Bluto and Tom & Jerry beating the pulp out of each other.  I also grew up in the organic world of cause and effect.  Once you get a taste of real-life violence, such as flying over the handlebars of your bike or getting a beatdown from the neighborhood bullies, you instantly understand real-life violence is not at all like cartoon violence.  If a child can't figure that out, I'd say the parents are doing something wrong. 

Adults who see South Park and say, "Now there's a great idea!," are a menace to all humankind!
:o

Written By: wildcard on 11/29/08 at 12:21 am

Maybe letting their children watch shows made for grownups. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/08 at 1:52 pm

Well, South Park is not recommended for children even though it appears to be about kids.  I grew up watching Popeye and Bluto and Tom & Jerry beating the pulp out of each other.  I also grew up in the organic world of cause and effect.   Once you get a taste of real-life violence, such as flying over the handlebars of your bike or getting a beatdown from the neighborhood bullies, you instantly understand real-life violence is not at all like cartoon violence.  If a child can't figure that out, I'd say the parents are doing something wrong. 

Adults who see South Park and say, "Now there's a great idea!," are a menace to all humankind!
:o

I agree with you, and South Park is one my favorite shows.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/29/08 at 7:40 pm

Adults who see South Park and say, "Now there's a great idea!," are a menace to all humankind! :o

If there's any idea greater than a rocket-powered Firebird, Sammy Hagar on the radio, and a quick flight to the version of Mars in the Heavy Metal parody episode, I don't wanna hear it.

Check for new replies or respond here...