inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finally...... I got an Xbox 360!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/08 at 9:58 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D

Subject: Re: Finally...... I got an Xbox 360!

Written By: EthanM on 12/03/08 at 10:22 pm

XBoxes can be lots of fun. I had one but it wasn't really mine so I lost it when my roommate moved out last summer and i haven't have a video game system since then.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/08 at 11:49 pm

I'm jealous its just about the only gaming system I don't have!

Written By: Hoagies With Myles on 12/04/08 at 10:56 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You'll have a blast with it. There's so many great games to choose from.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/08 at 11:53 am

i've got one, i sorta wish they would do something besides first-person shooters and ultra-violent driving games. which isn't to take away from either genre, i'd like to see more god games and strategy/RPG type games.

Written By: Kryllith on 12/04/08 at 1:03 pm

i've got one, i sorta wish they would do something besides first-person shooters and ultra-violent driving games. which isn't to take away from either genre, i'd like to see more god games and strategy/RPG type games.

Assuming you don't already have it, Civilization - Colonization. Granted god/strategy style games are generally better played on computers. As for RPGs, I've been mostly Fallout 3 and Oblivion. They have the 1st person perspective (or, alternatively, 3rd person over-the-shoulder) but work very well as RPGs. I'm not really big on the Squaresoft(nix/whatever) games, but there's a new one of theme coming out and the next Final Fantasy should be on its way as well.

Written By: EthanM on 12/04/08 at 2:07 pm

I felt like a poker god with the WSOP game for that system except for the whole getting rich part.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/04/08 at 7:48 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wait, you mean you also got the one from Nintendo?

(What's on 24/7?  Wii.  We's on 24/7?  No, we's on the 360.  Then whato's on 24/7?  Wii.  What?  I dunno!  ALL YOUR BASE!)

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 7:58 pm

Wait, you mean you also got the one from Nintendo?

(What's on 24/7?  Wii.  We's on 24/7?  No, we's on the 360.  Then whato's on 24/7?  Wii.  What?  I dunno!  ALL YOUR BASE!)

that's funny I feel a headache coming on!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/05/08 at 8:30 am

Assuming you don't already have it, Civilization - Colonization. Granted god/strategy style games are generally better played on computers. As for RPGs, I've been mostly Fallout 3 and Oblivion. They have the 1st person perspective (or, alternatively, 3rd person over-the-shoulder) but work very well as RPGs. I'm not really big on the Squaresoft(nix/whatever) games, but there's a new one of theme coming out and the next Final Fantasy should be on its way as well.
i'm curious to play fallout 3. not least because i live near washington, it'd be fun to tool around post-apocalypse DC, see how accurate they got it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/08 at 4:52 pm

It's now hooked up!

Written By: Kryllith on 12/05/08 at 10:15 pm

i'm curious to play fallout 3. not least because i live near washington, it'd be fun to tool around post-apocalypse DC, see how accurate they got it.

Pretty decent so far as I can tell. I used to go to DC quite a bit, but it's been a long time since I've been there so my memory is probably screwed up a bit.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/07/08 at 4:23 pm

I'm hoping to get one for Micah for Christmas as she was hooked on Guitar Hero, but is now hooked on Rock Band (just the drums).  The conditions?  1) She has to wait til I get paid for the testing I've been doing;  2)  School still comes first (and she knows I know how to access midterms/final grades);  3)  She can't stay up all night playing;  4) She can't do it at her grandparents' house as it will drive them over the edge.  She agreed to all the conditions.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/07/08 at 10:42 pm

They have strategy games like Endwar and Halo Wars coming out.

Check for new replies or respond here...