inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Leona Lewis track breaks digital record

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/08 at 2:44 pm

Leona Lewis track breaks digital record

The latest single from singer Leona Lewis has become the fastest-selling digital-only track in the UK.

Snow Patrol cover Run, which was never originally intended to be released as a single, was downloaded almost 70,000 times in its first two days.

It beats Estelle's American Boy, which sold 51,857 downloads in a week to become the biggest digital-only single.

Lewis, who is likely to score her third number one, is nominated for record of the year at the Grammy Awards.

Most popular download

Her chart-topper Bleeding Love is shortlisted alongside fellow UK acts Coldplay, M.I.A., Adele and Robert Plant.

Lewis first performed Run on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge, which was originally a number five hit in the UK for Snow Patrol.

It was a subsequent performance on The X Factor which prompted record bosses to go ahead with the digital single release.

The song also features on an enhanced version of her album Spirit, which became the first re-release to go straight in at number one, beating Dido's third collection.

Lewis's album has sold some four million copies around the world since it was first released a year ago.

Apple has said, meanwhile, that the singer's song Bleeding Love is its most popular downloaded track of 2008 on iTunes.

Coldplay's Viva La Vida is the most popular album on the music download site during the past year.

Subject: Re: Leona Lewis track breaks digital record

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/08 at 8:40 pm

I love this girl...she is so talented!

Subject: Re: Leona Lewis track breaks digital record

Written By: nally on 12/04/08 at 11:48 pm

I like her song "Bleeding Love"....it's probably the song I like best from this year.

Lewis, who is likely to score her third number one, is nominated for record of the year at the Grammy Awards.

Most popular download

Her chart-topper Bleeding Love is shortlisted alongside fellow UK acts Coldplay, M.I.A., Adele and Robert Plant.

All of those performers are nominated for Record Of The Year (according to an article I just read earlier). In fact, I was just going to post this information in a new thread!

Check for new replies or respond here...