inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spongebob--Age?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/05/08 at 5:55 pm

Hey Y'all!  ;D

Earlier today, I was sitting for a couple of my friends kids--who are 6 and 10-- and they were watching a rerun of the cartoon Spongebob Squarepants. What I'd like to know is, how OLD is Spongebob?

I mean he can drive and he owns his own house (the pinapple) . Has it ever been told how old he is?

I'm gonna ballpark it and says he's a really immature 21.  ;D

If anyone knows, please tell me. Your guess is as good as mine!

Thanks!

Subject: Re: Spongebob--Age?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/08 at 6:25 pm

You have entirely too much time on your hands....like everyone else on this board!
;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/05/08 at 11:38 pm

spongebob is ageless.

Other important questions...

How does he pay rent/mortgage when Mr Krab is such a tightwad?
What the f**k does Patrick do? Perhaps he's receiving gov't support.
How do they have campfires underwater?
How do they drink liquids out of cups underwater?
How did spongebob's bubble friend ever maintain his bubble shape.....underwater?
How can they write with pencils, paint or draw underwater?
How does Sandy Cheeks get it to snow in her biosphere?
How the f**k did Mr. Krabbs' father a whale? And don't say she's adopted because that would cost money.
If Plankton and Krabbs were 'friends' as children why did Krabbs mom act like they'd never met in that one episode where she and plankton went on a date? granted the friendship episode came later guess maybe that's a contender for my "they got it wrong thread"  ;D

okay I think I'm done for now.....

oh and for the record Spongebob shouldn't be driving he keeps failing out of boating school.... unless you're watching one of the new eps I haven't seen yet....

Oh yeah... and how do they keep those boats... under water?

Written By: woops on 12/06/08 at 11:37 am

I've tried to give the show a chance, but find it too childish, the main character very annoying, and don't know understand why  it's widely popular.

Porky Pig & Donald Duck had cartoons where they were portrayed as kids, though also adults during the same time in thw 1930's...

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 11:59 am

I've tried to give the show a chance, but find it too childish, the main character very annoying, and don't know understand why  it's widely popular.

Porky Pig & Donald Duck had cartoons where they were portrayed as kids, though also adults during the same time in thw 1930's...

because its funny and there is a lot of adult humor included in the show.  My favorite episode to this day is sailor mouth

Written By: wildcard on 12/06/08 at 1:01 pm

I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward

Happy happy birthday  happy happy cake  happy happy birthday happy happy present                IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

The frycook games is one of my favorate favorates. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 1:02 pm

I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward I'm squidward

Happy happy birthday  happy happy cake  happy happy birthday happy happy present                 IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

The frycook games is one of my favorate favorates. 

it is mine exactly 11hrs from now!  8)

Written By: wildcard on 12/06/08 at 1:21 pm

it is mine exactly 11hrs from now!  8)

Hey it is! I did have some sort of feeling before I posted.  It was probably telling me to save the birthday thing for later. 

Written By: woops on 12/06/08 at 1:24 pm

because its funny and there is a lot of adult humor included in the show.   My favorite episode to this day is sailor mouth

I've seen that episode.

Some of the writers of the show have left to create new cartoons of their own like CH Greenblatt's "Chowder" and Eric Wiess (along with SNL alum Amy Poehler) "The Mighty B!".

Ironically, creator Stephen Hillenburg worked as a director on "Rocko's Modern Life", one of my favorite cartoons in the 1990's.

Written By: joeman on 12/06/08 at 9:39 pm

He's 7 in sponge years :)

Really, I think he's 21 if him and Patrick are the same age.  Patrick actually went to community college.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/06/08 at 11:39 pm

spongebob is ageless.

How did spongebob's bubble friend ever maintain his bubble shape.....underwater?
How the f**k did Mr. Krabbs' father a whale? And don't say she's adopted because that would cost money.
If Plankton and Krabbs were 'friends' as children why did Krabbs mom act like they'd never met in that one episode where she and plankton went on a date? granted the friendship episode came later guess maybe that's a contender for my "they got it wrong thread"  ;D

oh and for the record Spongebob shouldn't be driving he keeps failing out of boating school.... unless you're watching one of the new eps I haven't seen yet....

this is so freaking hilarious!! ;D ;D  All of those are valid questions too. I have also often wondered how old Spongebob is. Regardless..it is one of mine and V's favorite cartoons! ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/08 at 1:03 am

this is so freaking hilarious!! ;D ;D  All of those are valid questions too. I have also often wondered how old Spongebob is. Regardless..it is one of mine and V's favorite cartoons! ;)

cuz you both have excellent taste!  ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 12/07/08 at 11:09 am

Apparently, it is a common question.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_SpongeBob_SquarePants

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/08 at 11:28 am

Apparently, it is a common question.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_SpongeBob_SquarePants

Thanks for that I haven't seen that episode.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/07/08 at 6:37 pm

Gosh, i didn't know that this was going to get this many anyswers. Wow.

And Snoz, here's another question: Who the duece let Patrick go to college?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/08 at 10:04 pm

Gosh, i didn't know that this was going to get this many anyswers. Wow.

And Snoz, here's another question: Who the duece let Patrick go to college?  ;D

Patrick went to college? Was it clown college?  ;D  I've seen a ton of episodes but not all of them.

I did see the one where Patrick was conked on the head and he became smart (really really smart!)

I also saw the one where his parents were coming to visit and Patrick wanted them to think he was smart so Spongebob played really dumb (asinine dumb) The parents were proud because Patrick had always been stupid but he seemed smarter than usual this visit... later we find out the parents were also stupid since they went to the wrong house and Patrick wasn't even their son but they were too dumb to know the difference  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/08 at 12:06 am

Patrick went to college? Was it clown college?  ;D   I've seen a ton of episodes but not all of them.

I think I remember him from UMass!
:D

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/08 at 12:10 am

I think I remember him from UMass!
:D

frat brother of yours?  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/08 at 12:44 am

frat brother of yours?  ;D

Yeah, he taught me how to chug-a-lug beers in RUSH week!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/drunken_smilie.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/08 at 1:03 am

Patrick went to college? Was it clown college?  ;D   I've seen a ton of episodes but not all of them.

I did see the one where Patrick was conked on the head and he became smart (really really smart!)

I also saw the one where his parents were coming to visit and Patrick wanted them to think he was smart so Spongebob played really dumb (asinine dumb) The parents were proud because Patrick had always been stupid but he seemed smarter than usual this visit... later we find out the parents were also stupid since they went to the wrong house and Patrick wasn't even their son but they were too dumb to know the difference  ;D

Patrick went to community college with the bully Flats

Written By: karen on 12/08/08 at 1:54 pm

I've seen this one twice.

Written By: ~NeonFire372~ on 12/08/08 at 4:50 pm

That was a great episode. Ahh... the memories.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 12/08/08 at 10:52 pm

One day my dad asked why Spongebob's parents are like sea sponges and Spongebob isn't?

a clam bird? I want to know how to fly underwater.

Written By: Stompgal on 12/10/08 at 10:26 am

I like SpongeBob and it can be a tough question as to how old he is. He could be 22 but if he's 7 in sponge years, then he could still be an adult but have childlike traits.

Written By: woops on 12/12/08 at 9:54 pm

Oswald Rabbit is another cartoon character that has been portrayed as a kid. Recently watched a cartoon that featured hi against a fox.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/08 at 10:48 pm

Oswald Rabbit is another cartoon character that has been portrayed as a kid. Recently watched a cartoon that featured hi against a fox.

Is he related to Lee and Harvey Rabbit?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/imu2.gif

Written By: YIPPIEE on 05/28/11 at 8:52 am

Hey Y'all!   ;D

Earlier today, I was sitting for a couple of my friends kids--who are 6 and 10-- and they were watching a rerun of the cartoon Spongebob Squarepants. What I'd like to know is, how OLD is Spongebob?

I mean he can drive and he owns his own house (the pinapple) . Has it ever been told how old he is?

I'm gonna ballpark it and says he's a really immature 21.  ;D

If anyone knows, please tell me. Your guess is as good as mine!

according to this website..........  :Dhttp://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_SpongeBob_SquarePants :D..... right now he is 25.  Crazy he still cant drive huh?

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/11 at 9:15 am

according to this website..........  :Dhttp://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_SpongeBob_SquarePants :D..... right now he is 25.  Crazy he still cant drive huh?

Barbara walters is about 108 and she's never been able to drive.

Written By: Shiv on 05/28/11 at 5:31 pm

In the one episode where he invades everyone's dreams at night (forgot the title), his drivers license says he was born in 1986. Since SB debuted in 1999 and the characters don't age, he's 13.

It makes a little more sense when you read up on how SpongeBob's name was supposed to be "SpongeBoy", but that name was already trademarked by some cleaner company or something.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/11 at 7:13 pm

Shouldn't he be Spongeguy or Spongeman? ???

Written By: bigdsketch on 06/10/11 at 10:06 pm

spongebob is ageless.

...not to mention how does he drown in water..when they live underwater?? really?

Check for new replies or respond here...