inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Moment of Truth

Written By: joeman on 12/08/08 at 9:44 am

I really really like this show, does this make me a bad person?  Also, what were your thoughts of this show?  Is it immoral to showcase the faults of human beings through a vast audience or do you think this is a moral awakening in America?

Also, when is it going to come back for the next season!?!?!

Subject: Re: The Moment of Truth

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/08 at 9:47 am

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but it is amusing to see people squirm when they know they have to tell the truth.

Written By: Lindee on 12/08/08 at 10:45 am

Is it back yet? Or does anyone when it will be?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/08/08 at 11:30 am

Better yet......

Is it cancelled?

::)

Written By: whistledog on 12/08/08 at 1:38 pm

Was that the one where they hooked the contestant up to a lie detector and made them answer all the questions with answers they didn't really want be known?

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/08/08 at 2:43 pm

I hate the whole premise of this show.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/08/08 at 2:49 pm

Was that the one where they hooked the contestant up to a lie detector and made them answer all the questions with answers they didn't really want be known?

Yes

I hated the premise too, Karen. 

Written By: karen on 12/08/08 at 5:10 pm

I hated the premise too, Karen. 

Well, I did hate but how did you know?  :o

;)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/08/08 at 5:25 pm

Well, I did hate but how did you know?  :o

;)

Wow, mega brain fart there.  I saw ladybugs post and in my head it was you.  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/08/08 at 8:14 pm

Ah yes, the only game show with more contrived ad breaks than Deal or No Deal.  A typical episode of Moment of Truth went like this:

Host: Welcome to MoT.  We're gonna explain the rules here and ask our contestant a question.

Host: And now here's our contestant.  Let's run through his life story to kill time...

Narrator:  And now for this commercial break...
-- ad break --
Host: Welcome back from our break!  ((rerun the entire biography segment, verbatim, from the last segment.))

Our contestant doesn't know that we've found his third cousin twice removed, who has pictures of him farking a goat. 

And now for our first question...

Narrator:  After the break, we're gonna ask him if he ever farked a goat!
-- ad break --
Host: Back from our break, (( rerun the last half of the previous segment, verbatim, starting from "Our contestant doesnt know..." to "And now for our first question", but instead of going to commercial... ))

So, contestant, have you ever farked a goat? 

Narrator:  Find out the answer after this break!
-- ad break --
Host:  Welcome back from our break!  Just before the break, we explained that (( rerun the last half of the previous segment, from the explanation of the evidence to the actual question ))

Host:  Well, have ya?

Contestant:  Umm, yes.

Host:  True!  And now for this break!
-- ad break--
Host:  For those of you just tuning in, we just got our contestant to admit to goatfarking on national TV!  (( rerun the last half of the previous segment, from "Well, have ya?"...)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I'll bet if you TiVo'd this show, you could run through the entire 60-minute broadcast in 22 minutes.  (60 minutes of air time, 44 minutes of content, 22 minutes of ads, but the 44 minutes of content were at least half "reruns" of what had gone on before the commercial break.)

Truly pathetic, even for FOX.

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/08 at 9:52 pm

I don't like it either... but for the record it returns Aug 28th.

In the meantime you can catch up with past eps at Fox.com.

Check for new replies or respond here...