inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jay Leno to stay with NBC, after all.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/10/08 at 9:36 am

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/12/jay_leno_to_stay_at_nbc_in_all.html

This can't be good of Carson Daly.....

Subject: Re: Jay Leno to stay with NBC, after all.

Written By: Tam on 12/10/08 at 10:47 am

Yes but now what happens for Jimmy Kimmel?

Written By: EthanM on 12/10/08 at 1:53 pm

Who's taking over Conan's old time slot?

Written By: Bree on 12/10/08 at 2:45 pm

Who's taking over Conan's old time slot?

Jimmy Fallon  8-P

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/10/08 at 4:32 pm

here is the sked for nbc next year

10:00 pm (weekdays) jay leno

11:35 conan o'brian

12:35 Jimmy Fallon

1:35 Carson daly

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/08 at 8:32 pm

So this means NBC is removing their whole 10-11pm block just for Leno?  Man, they really must want him to stay

Here Conan thought he was getting a new spotlight, when in fact he'll still be after Leno

Written By: Tam on 12/10/08 at 8:36 pm

NBC is just plain retarded anymore!

They cancel their great shows, or move time slots so people don't know they have moved, and then cancel because of so-called lack of audience! I am so peeved with them right now!!

I am not a couch potato per se. I dvr a lot of shows and catch up on them weeks later, but right now I am spitting mad! They finally made the decision to cancel Lipstick Jungle - bunch of idiots! Aargh!!!! >:(

Written By: Jessica on 12/10/08 at 8:38 pm

I wish they would have gotten rid of him.  He's not funny at all.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/10/08 at 8:48 pm

This makes the whole move kinda seem stupid in the first place since they're just pushing back 2 shows really and adding Fallon to the lineup.

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/08 at 8:49 pm

I wonder if this means that NBC Primetime will start at 7pm now instead of 8?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/08 at 8:45 am

Good question...

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/11/08 at 9:26 am

Lots of people knock Jay (especially for his interviewing style), but I think he has an appeal that Conan and certainly Letterman don't have, in that he seems just like a regular everyday "nice guy". Like cool enough for the youth crowd, but safe and friendly enough to appeal to Middle America. He's like a 57 year old big kid, lol.

Really though, I'm glad he's sticking around. I've gotten so used to seeing him on the Tonight Show that it would've been a bummer to see him go - I'm sure that's how people felt about Johnny Carson in, say 1980.

I do like Conan actually, he's like a mix of Leno and Letterman, but more wacky, edgy and younger.

Written By: Pop Tunez on 12/11/08 at 8:53 pm

Are you kidding me?  NBC has no regular 10PM dramas next year?  That's bizarre.  Not that I watch TV the traditional way anymore, but that's weird.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/08 at 9:33 pm

I know...

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/08 at 9:36 pm

Are you kidding me?  NBC has no regular 10PM dramas next year?  That's bizarre.  Not that I watch TV the traditional way anymore, but that's weird.

One cna only assume that NBC will push their primetime line up to start at 7pm instead of 8pm.  They must really doubt Conan if they are doing all this just to keep Jay on NBC

Written By: Dagwood on 12/11/08 at 10:01 pm

One cna only assume that NBC will push their primetime line up to start at 7pm instead of 8pm.  They must really doubt Conan if they are doing all this just to keep Jay on NBC

I don't think they are.  They are getting rid of the 10:00 shows from what I heard.  I know ER and Lipstick Jungle are both gone.

Check for new replies or respond here...