inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most influential radio singles of the 00's:

Written By: tv on 12/10/08 at 12:18 pm

I'd say these were the most influential singles of the 00's:

In Da Club-50 Cent(started glam raps dominance on the charts in the mid 00's.)
Get Low-Lil John and the Eastsidaz(started the trend of "crunk".)
Rihanna's first hit single started the electro-urban pop trend of the mid to late 00's.
"Don't Cha" by The Pussycatt Dolls started trend of dance-pop being combined with hip-hop.
Laffy Taffy by DL4(started The Ringtone Rap trend)
"Rehab" by Amy Winehouse-started the retro trend of 60's R&B coming back.

Subject: Re: Most influential radio singles of the 00's:

Written By: EthanM on 12/10/08 at 1:52 pm

Those all seem pretty influential

What about Fall Out Boy's "Sugar we're going down" for jumpstarting emo pop/punk rock or whatever you call FOB's genre?

Written By: whistledog on 12/10/08 at 8:34 pm

I would agree that those songs are influential for one reason ..

They all suck, which influenced by opinion that the 00s has alot of crappy music ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 12/10/08 at 8:46 pm

I'm Sprung - T-Pain...started all the robotic sounding autotune stuff, now every song on hip-hop radio seemingly uses it.
Can I Get A.... - Jay-Z (1999), What's Your Fantasy - Ludacris, Back That Azz Up - Juvenile (1999), Country Grammar - Nelly...Influential songs that helped establish the style and sound of early 2000s and later hip-hop.
Toxic - Britney Spears...Electropop song that came out at a time when most songs on the charts were of the crunk style, now electropop/dance pop is probably the top rising sound today and itself is influencing hip-hop music along with the t-pain stuff.

Written By: tv on 12/11/08 at 7:32 am

I would agree that those songs are influential for one reason ..

They all suck, which influenced by opinion that the 00s has alot of crappy music ;D
I thought "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse was a pretty good song though of my above list.

Written By: tv on 12/11/08 at 7:35 am

I'm Sprung - T-Pain...started all the robotic sounding autotune stuff, now every song on hip-hop radio seemingly uses it.
Yeah I was just going to add "Im Sprung" by T-Pain to the list yeah that song influenced Kanye West's new album and Lil Wayne's "The Carter III" album.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/20/08 at 11:33 pm

Yeah I was just going to add "Im Sprung" by T-Pain to the list yeah that song influenced Kanye West's new album and Lil Wayne's "The Carter III" album.

Yeah, and even Snoop Dogg used that style in his "Sexual Seduction" song.

Check for new replies or respond here...