inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Does Your iPod look like? Or any other MP3 Players??

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/21/08 at 1:17 am

I have had my iPod for almost 2 years. I received it as a Christmas gift for 2006 from my brother. It was a complete shock! It's a first generation Nano and it's 4GB.

Subject: Re: What Does Your iPod look like? Or any other MP3 Players??

Written By: Brian06 on 12/21/08 at 1:20 am

I have the iPhone right now, sold my old 5th gen iPod with video some months ago now.

Written By: Tam on 12/21/08 at 1:21 am

I have a third generation 8gb blue nano.

The Son had a 2nd gen. one but he washed it in the washing machine. Now he has a first gen. 1 gb ;D
He wants a 4th gen one now.... I told him to get a job 8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/21/08 at 1:21 am

I have the iPhone right now, sold my old 5th gen iPod with video some months ago now.

Wow, good for you. Wait, there were FIVE generations of the iPod already?? Guess I am out of it  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 12/21/08 at 1:27 am

Wow, good for you. Wait, there were FIVE generations of the iPod already?? Guess I am out of it  ;D

They call the original hard drive iPods "iPod Classic" now to differentiate from the iPod touch/iPhones, these are the 6th generation of the traditional hard drive iPods which first were released in late 2001.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/21/08 at 1:44 am

They call the original hard drive iPods "iPod Classic" now to differentiate from the iPod touch/iPhones, these are the 6th generation of the traditional hard drive iPods which first were released in late 2001.

Ahh, I gotcha. Wow, I did not realize the iPod was released in 2001. I guess because MP3 players didn't get noticed much until like 2003, so I must of not paid too much attention to the whole iPod at the beginning. Very interesting info! Thanks!  :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/21/08 at 1:46 am

I have a white first generation iPod mini, 4GB.  It's pretty beat up, and the battery constantly dies (still on the original battery), but I love the heck out of it.  I might have to retire it though, because I'm pretty sure I broke the menu button part, so it's stuck on shuffle permanently. :P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/08 at 1:47 am

On Black Friday, Circuit City (which went into bankruptcy) had Samsung 8 GB MP3 players on sale for $80. Needless to say I couldn't resist so I went for it. So far it's been great.

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/18/0,1425,sz=1&i=188848,00.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 2:33 am

back when 40gig ipods were still selling for $400 I got a 40gig Creative Nomad Jukebox. The thing is huge!  it's like a frickin Sony Walkman
but I love it
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/jonthorn/CreativeNomadZenXtra40GB4.jpg

a couple years later I got the 80 gig ipod. about 2 months after I bought it they came out with the 160gig  ::)

I still use the nomad- its awesome. I take it with me when I go somewhere my ipod could be stolen.  And on Road trips to LA.

I use the ipod for storing TV shows and the nomad for music

and I just got a 3G iphone last month... but I use that as a phone  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 12/21/08 at 6:18 am

Question:

If I have an Iphone and I search the web does it count as minutes on my phone bill, even if I am in a wifi area?

Written By: whistledog on 12/21/08 at 8:47 am

I have a red Sony 4GB Walkman Mp3 Player.  I bought it when they first came out and were sold exclusively through the Sony Style Store.  I paid $99.99.  Best Buy now has them for $79.99 ::)

Makes no matter to me though.  I was prepared to pay over $100 for a good one.  I'd shopped around and saw all these Creative and RCA brand ones for under $50 and I kept thinking if they are that cheap, then the product itself must be cheap and I didn't want something that would easily break like Wal-Mart's Durabrand stuff

Written By: danootaandme on 12/21/08 at 9:20 am

I have a red Sony 4GB Walkman Mp3 Player.  I bought it when they first came out and were sold exclusively through the Sony Style Store.  I paid $99.99.  Best Buy now has them for $79.99 ::)

Makes no matter to me though.  I was prepared to pay over $100 for a good one.  I'd shopped around and saw all these Creative and RCA brand ones for under $50 and I kept thinking if they are that cheap, then the product itself must be cheap and I didn't want something that would easily break like Wal-Mart's Durabrand stuff

A friend of mine once worked in a clearing house for returned merchandise.  Said most of the stuff was from wal-mart.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/21/08 at 9:36 am

Question:

If I have an Iphone and I search the web does it count as minutes on my phone bill, even if I am in a wifi area?

No definitely not and even if you're not in a wifi spot, an unlimited data plan is required to get the iPhone it's part of the iPhone service plan.

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 10:01 am

Question:

At&t has an unlimited data plan for $25 or 30 a month. I use that so I don't know the answer.
I would imagine, since they allow you switch from 3g to wi-fi, that you aren't charged when using wi-fi

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/21/08 at 10:08 am

I have a 1GB iPod Shuffle.  However I'm going to upgrade to a 2 GB.  I'm also changing from blue to purple.

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 10:10 am

I have a 1GB iPod Shuffle.  However I'm going to upgrade to a 2 GB.  I'm also changing from blue to purple.

they should come in blurple

Written By: danootaandme on 12/21/08 at 10:11 am

At&t has an unlimited data plan for $25 or 30 a month. I use that so I don't know the answer.
I would imagine, since they allow you switch from 3g to wi-fi, that you aren't charged when using wi-fi

I am so no tech.  So the way it works is you get your phone plan then add on a data plan.  So if my phone plan is 70 a month then I add a data component for 30 a month so I get to use the phone for my minutes and the internet is unlimited and not counted against my minutes.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/21/08 at 10:12 am

they should come in blurple

The purple is kind of bluplish.  It's pretty neat. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 10:17 am

I am so no tech.  So the way it works is you get your phone plan then add on a data plan.  So if my phone plan is 70 a month then I add a data component for 30 a month so I get to use the phone for my minutes and the internet is unlimited and not counted against my minutes.

exactly. They track the phone minutes separate from the data usage.

Also, if you don't use the phone a whole lot I would opt for a lower plan because AT&T has roll over minutes. I have the cheapest plan (450 minutes) the first month I use the phone only when needed so I can let the unused minutes roll over.  The last time I was with AT&T (a year ago) I had accrued 2100 roll over minutes.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/21/08 at 10:23 am

exactly. They track the phone minutes separate from the data usage.

Also, if you don't use the phone a whole lot I would opt for a lower plan because AT&T has roll over minutes. I have the cheapest plan (450 minutes) the first month I use the phone only when needed so I can let the unused minutes roll over.  The last time I was with AT&T (a year ago) I had accrued 2100 roll over minutes.   ;D

Yes, I don't use mine a lot and I have verizon friends and family so youngone could use his, but would be better off with pay as you go for both of us because we just don't use them that much.  I won't be going for the iphone or blackberry.

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/08 at 10:24 am

Yes, I don't use mine a lot and I have verizon friends and family so youngone could use his, but would be better off with pay as you go for both of us because we just don't use them that much.  I won't be going for the iphone or blackberry.

ah but on my iphone I can come here and check my pms and unreplied posts.  ;D  did I mention I'm a bit obsessed with the boards.

Written By: Jessica on 12/22/08 at 1:14 am

ah but on my iphone I can come here and check my pms and unreplied posts.  ;D   did I mention I'm a bit obsessed with the boards.

I was going to get an iPhone, but decided I wanted a Pantech Matrix dual slider instead.  It's pretty nifty, and I can use a micro SD card to expand the memory.  Check it out:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Pantech+Matrix+-+Red&q_sku=sku3020374

My unlimited data price for it was $15.

Oh yeah, I didn't buy this myself.  I'm on my mom's plan, and this was my early early birthday present. :D

Written By: fusefan on 12/22/08 at 1:39 am

I have the 8gb touch. I love the apps that come with it. Epically AOL radio and Pandora.  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/22/08 at 1:03 pm

Jesse sent me his iPod for Christmas. It is an iPod Nano (4 GB) and it is silver...but he put a hot pink little cover on it for me...because he knows that i love pink. :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/23/08 at 11:56 am

Jesse sent me his iPod for Christmas. It is an iPod Nano (4 GB) and it is silver...but he put a hot pink little cover on it for me...because he knows that i love pink. :)

Ohh, that was sweet.  :) My iPod is actually a hot pink, as well. But, I have a white cover over it which has angel wings on it, so everyone thinks I've got a white iPod.

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/23/08 at 12:06 pm

I have a lame first gen 2 gig i pod that is balck with a silver back and it has the name madelin engraved on the back. ;D ;D

I washed my old one which was neon green 8 gig 2nd gen and so tam bought me this old new one off of ebay or some where.

I am hoping i get enough money for christmas to get a 4th gen 8 gig since my parents won't by me a brand new ipod.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/24/08 at 12:26 am

Ohh, that was sweet.  :) My iPod is actually a hot pink, as well. But, I have a white cover over it which has angel wings on it, so everyone thinks I've got a white iPod.

yes...it was very sweet. He is such a wonderful person. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/08 at 9:17 am

so my mom's friend's husband works in an Apple Customer Service Call Center... he was hooking me up with all sorts of apps last night! (I still had to pay for the apps that have a fee but we talked out a lot of the good ones)

which reminds me! new topic!!!

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/25/08 at 7:14 pm

YAAAAAAAY!!!! My new i-pod (when it comes in the mail) will be a candy appl red chromatic with MY name engraved in it. 8) :D

Not some chick madelines. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/08 at 10:25 pm

YAAAAAAAY!!!! My new i-pod (when it comes in the mail) will be a candy appl red chromatic with MY name engraved in it. 8) :D

Not some chick madelines. ::)

congrats!

Check for new replies or respond here...