inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what are your favorite iphone or itouch apps?

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/08 at 9:21 am

Applications are those snazzy little features you download for your iphone or itouch device...

so what are the applications you like.... oh and which ones suck?

I have yet to find a decent basketball game yet,

I love Crash Cart (that crash bandicoot game)

I have both the facebook and the myspace apps so watch out!  ;)  I kind of like the Friendsync app which pulls the photos from your friends facebook page and attaches them to your contacts list in your phone.

its christmas so I gotta go open gifts - more later.

Subject: Re: what are your favorite iphone or itouch apps?

Written By: Mushroom on 12/27/08 at 11:30 pm

I have to admit, none.

I refuse to own anything made by Jobs & Company.

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2007/10/1025.gif

Written By: midnite on 12/29/08 at 11:15 am

Well,  the GREAT THING about the Iphone Applications are that THE BOUNDARIES OF TECHNOLOGY are FINALLY being pushed in the USA.  We are behind Europe, and of course, Japan.  SMALL third party application designers can unleash their technology on the world.

Very soon, we will be able to use voice-operated text messages and hopefully emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait for that.

My favorite applications are:
1.  Google Voice Search - works great for me.  No need to type in google, just speak.
2.  Yelp - Great application for finding restaurants/stores around you.  Quickly links to GPS for directions.  Amazing!
3.  Q Contacts - a quick way to access contacts (from all of your friends) to phone/text/email.  MUCH easier than fumbling thru contacts.
4.  Live Poker - I am addicted to this game.  Connects into Live Poker with Facebook / Myspace users.
5.  iTranslate - I use this frequently for my Spanish learning and translations.
6.  Shazam - records a snippet of a song and tells you the song information/artist/etc.
7.  Worldview - shows current views of many world cities via traffic cameras.  Gimmicky, but fun for me.
8.  IM+ Lite - quick access to yahoo messenger on my iphone.  Yahoo recently released an app for this.  I didnt like it as much.
9.  Various News apps - Bloomberg, NY Times, USA Today.

I am always on the lookout for good applications so please post your favorites.

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/08 at 2:07 pm

I've gotta look into Google Voice Search.

Shazam is cool... I just started using SnapTell. You take a pic of the cover of a DVD, CD or Book and it will ID the item then give you links for Reviews, where you can purchase, any youtube links, imdb for films and even the wiki entry for it.

I also found a speed dial so now instead of going to my favorites on the phone I just click that app and the 9 numbers I dial the most are right there at my thumbtip.

Check for new replies or respond here...