inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Psycho Santa

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/26/08 at 9:24 pm

I'm a pretty hardboiled person when it comes to human depravity, but this one made me cringe a bit!

I mean, there's blind-rage revenge, and there's WTF sicko...Bruce Pardo is definitely the latter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/confused2.gif

COVINA, Calif. (AP) — A man who carried out a Christmas Eve massacre and arson dressed as Santa at the home of his former in-laws apparently intended to flee the U.S., but his plans were dashed after the inferno he created severely burned his arms and melted his red costume onto his body, police said Friday.

Bruce Jeffrey Pardo, a laid-off aerospace worker, apparently shot some of his nine victims execution-style in a plot to destroy his ex-wife's family after a costly divorce that was finalized last week. He had airline tickets to Canada and $17,000 in cash on his body, some attached to his legs with plastic wrap and some in a girdle, Covina police Chief Kim Raney said.

Armed with four guns, wearing the Santa suit and carrying a fuel-spraying device wrapped like a present, Pardo showed up at the home at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday as a party of about 25 people was under way.

Raney said Pardo, 45, fired a shot into the face of an 8-year-old girl who answered the door and at first fired indiscriminately, then apparently targeted relatives of his ex-wife as other guests fled....

AP story continues here

Subject: Re: Psycho Santa

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/26/08 at 11:43 pm

I'm a pretty hardboiled person when it comes to human depravity, but this one made me cringe a bit!

Just damn.

Good news is that the (expletive deleted)'s Santa Suit caught fire and burned his arms badly enough that he had to abort his plan to catch the next flight to Canada.  At least he got to experience some pain before saving the taxpayers a million bucks.  Hey, Pardo, DIAF-oh, wait, you just did die in a fire, or close enough as makes no odds.  kthxbye.

Worst part is that the kid lived.  After getting shot in the face by Santa Claus.  Hey, God, I've read the Book of Job, I know ya got a sense of humor, but dude, that's just harsh

Apropos of nothing, I actually watched this Futurama episode last night, so this was naturally the first thing that came to mind when I saw the news this morning:

http://www.ugo.com/movies/fictional-santas/images/robot-santa.jpg

(Depressed?  Here, listen to this song.  It'll help cheer ya up.)

/one ticket to hell for thinking of it,
//upgraded to first class for linking to it.
///apparently hell's somewhere in Canada, and has frozen over.  Who knew?

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/08 at 7:16 am

This is some twisted stuff! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/awm2.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/aazcold.gif

I was shocked when I heard this.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/08 at 11:26 am

Worst part is that the kid lived.  After getting shot in the face by Santa Claus.  Hey, God, I've read the Book of Job, I know ya got a sense of humor, but dude, that's just harsh

Aside from the harrowing plastic surgeries, that kid might grow up with some trust issues and, uh, bad associations with the xmas?  You think?

:o

Written By: Marian on 12/27/08 at 1:15 pm

Aside from the harrowing plastic surgeries, that kid might grow up with some trust issues and, uh, bad associations with the xmas?  You think?

I read she's been released,so maybe it was on the minor side,as far as injury goes.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/27/08 at 1:45 pm

Fleeing to Canada.  After killing eight people the Canadians would send him back in cuffs.  The guy was unstable to begin with and the divorce was the final straw.  Shooting kids and having explosives in the car is not revenge, it's killing indiscriminately.  Interesting though how he killed himself so that he wouldn't have to face the music.  Pure cowardice if you ask me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/08 at 3:57 pm

Fleeing to Canada.  After killing eight people the Canadians would send him back in cuffs.  The guy was unstable to begin with and the divorce was the final straw.  Shooting kids and having explosives in the car is not revenge, it's killing indiscriminately.  Interesting though how he killed himself so that he wouldn't have to face the music.  Pure cowardice if you ask me.

Yes, he dressed up as Santa Claus, wired himself with explosives and bags of cash, and gunned down 10 people, killing 9.  Diagnosis bonkers is good enough for me! 

It's not so much that he died, but he died during the crime spree.  I would have at least liked him to see the suffering he caused before he punched his ticket at the gates of hell!

Written By: Red Ant on 12/27/08 at 4:15 pm

What an asshole...

Interesting though how he killed himself so that he wouldn't have to face the music.  Pure cowardice if you ask me.

I imagine if a santa suit became a permanent part of his skin, suicide would be a relief.

(Depressed?  Here, listen to this song.  It'll help cheer ya up.)

/one ticket to hell for thinking of it,
//upgraded to first class for linking to it.
///apparently hell's somewhere in Canada, and has frozen over.  Who knew?

I'm sorry, you have been bumped from that flight.

Ant

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/27/08 at 11:21 pm

I'm sorry, you have been bumped from that flight.

Oh, it's on.  (His suit, his suit, his suit is on fire!)

Written By: Mushroom on 12/28/08 at 12:38 am

OMG, somebody contact Al and let him know his song is comming true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSs3FyeThM0

Written By: Marian on 12/28/08 at 5:00 pm

I guess he killed the akita too.(the dog was awarded to his wife,so it may have been in the house)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/28/08 at 10:27 pm

Oh, it's on.  (His suit, his suit, his suit is on fire!)

Do Not Click These Links.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/08 at 1:14 am

I guess he killed the akita too.(the dog was awarded to his wife,so it may have been in the house)

In my day men were gentlemen.  If the wife got the dog, you kicked down the door, punched the old lady square in the kisser, and took the damn dog back!  You didn't dress like Santa Claus and incinerate people fer cryin' out loud!

Sorry, perverse jokes are my way of relating to, uhhh, never mind, see you guys around...
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...