inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (UK)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/09 at 10:27 am

Celebrity Big Brother's return has proved a hit with viewers with more than 5.5 million tuning in to watch.

La Toya Jackson and TV host Ulrika Jonsson are among those taking part.

Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer, singer Mutya Buena, presenter Terry Christian and Shameless actress Tina Malone are also in the line-up.

Singers Ben Adams and Michelle Heaton, US rapper Coolio, Scottish politician Tommy Sheridan and glamour model Lucy Pinder complete the household.

Subject: Re: Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (UK)

Written By: Stompgal on 01/06/09 at 2:05 pm

I'm completely addicticted to Celebrity Big Brother right now. At the moment my favourites to win are Ben, Verne, Mutya, Michelle and La Toya. When the show launched, Ulrika was another favourite of mine to win but Terry has now nominated her for eviction.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/09 at 2:11 pm

Coollio and Verne are my favourites, but I am watching it not full time.

We were wondering last night, is Mutya Buena still allowed to sing a Sugababes song now that she has left them.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/09 at 3:28 pm

Coolio?  Damn, I wish we had Celebrity BB here.  I love Coolio. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/09 at 3:31 pm

Coolio?  Damn, I wish we had Celebrity BB here.  I love Coolio. 
He (Coolio) just cannot stop talking.

Written By: Bobo on 01/20/09 at 12:23 pm

Seriously, what the heck is going on with Verne? I watched the preview to CBBLB on E4 just now and... I completely don't understand what's happened.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/09 at 12:25 pm

Seriously, what the heck is going on with Verne? I watched the preview to CBBLB on E4 just now and... I completely don't understand what's happened.
I saw him drunk the other day, but what has happened now?

Written By: Bobo on 01/20/09 at 12:26 pm

I saw him drunk the other day, but what has happened now?

Just... the preview was showing him going completely apesh*t... for seemingly no reason.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/20/09 at 12:33 pm

So far, I have been happy to see the backs of Lucy Pinder and Tina Malone, but I was shocked to hear about Mutya's walkout because she was one of my favourites to win. Now that Michelle has been evicted, I want Ben, La Toya, Ulrika or Verne to win. Coolio should definitely be evicted next.

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/09 at 9:11 pm

Mutya Buena?  Dang, I like her.  Wish they aired it over here.  I'd like to see her do some wild things ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/09 at 5:25 am

Mutya Buena?  Dang, I like her.  Wish they aired it over here.  I'd like to see her do some wild things ;)
There are clips of CBB on YouTube, she may feature on some of them.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/29/09 at 6:38 am

I didn't see Mutya as one of the wildest celebrities, but I laughed when she and the rest of the non-American housemates received shocks through their body suits during the quiz on British culture. It was also funny when she and Terry worshipped Chesney Hawkes. Verne was probably the housemate with the wildest behaviour and I was in hysterics when he crashed into the Diary Room door on his scooter.

Last week Ulrika won CBB and that gave the series a surprise ending. Here are some of my favourite and most memorable moments from this year's CBB:

The impersonation task
The talent show
The British culture quiz
Tina falling off the sofa
Verne jumping into Michelle's arms during the toy task
Terry becoming Head of House
Michelle telling Tina that she looked like the princess in 'Shrek' in her Juliet costume
Mutya and Terry worshipping Chesney Hawkes at a shrine in the garden
Terry acting as king for a day
Lucy telling Coolio that he was the most irritating person she'd ever met
Ulrika speaking Swedish and teaching Ben a rude phrase in that language
The dare contest
The dance routine to 'Call On Me'
LaToya gently explaining to Coolio that he should apologise to Michelle for upsetting her
LaToya and Mutya dancing on a giant floor piano (this reminded me of a scene from 'Big'

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/09 at 10:45 am

Treasured memory, Verne driving drunkily into the diary room door.

Check for new replies or respond here...