inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bret Michaels' Rock of Love Bus Premieres...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/06/09 at 6:05 am

Well, I never thought I could say this, but Bret Michaels has assembled a group of trollops even trashier than the last two that he had on Rock of Love 1 and 2.

In "Bret Michaels Rock of Love Bus", Bret has two busses filled with gals who vie for his attention as they follow his rock tour.  From the premiere that I saw the other day, these are two bus loads of foul, nasty skank.  One of the girls who got "eliminated" on day one was a lady who Bret observed drinking a tequila shot offered up by another one of the gals from an, *ahem*, unconventional container.

Perhaps TV has become a vast wasteland after all.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Bret Michaels' Rock of Love Bus Premieres...

Written By: EthanM on 01/06/09 at 11:30 am

You know that watching this and shows like it encourages producers to keep putting them on TV, right?

Written By: Tam on 01/06/09 at 12:41 pm

I swore I wasn't going to watch it - but I did. :-\\

There is a selection of girls that aren't 'skanks'. Conveniently, most are brunettes... with the exception of the girl from Brazil. Now she is nasty.

And I will claim now that I plan on watching the show. I loved Bret when I was young, and I must admit that I still love him. He is definitely still sexy... shoot, after the first Rock of Love, I had a dream that I WON!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/09 at 3:26 pm

He definitely is sexy, I think is is much more sexy now than in the 80's. 

Written By: Tam on 01/06/09 at 3:29 pm

He definitely is sexy, I think is is much more sexy now than in the 80's. 

I completely agree. I only wish he wouldn't wear so much eyeliner. ;)
There is something about him I can't exactly put my finger on. And thankfully he isn't trying to be the guy he was in Poison. I would feel sorry for him if he was trying to be like that. And I love, love, love the fact that he doesn't wear skin tight jeans anymore and he is pretty laid back. Shoot, I'd hope on his bus ANY DAY!!! 8) ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/09 at 3:31 pm

I completely agree. I only wish he wouldn't wear so much eyeliner. ;)
There is something about him I can't exactly put my finger on. And thankfully he isn't trying to be the guy he was in Poison. I would feel sorry for him if he was trying to be like that. And I love, love, love the fact that he doesn't wear skin tight jeans anymore and he is pretty laid back. Shoot, I'd hope on his bus ANY DAY!!! 8) ;D ;D

Sounds good to me.  Lets rid the bus of the skanks, apply a generous layer of lysol to the bus then jump on.  I could follow him around. 

Written By: Tam on 01/06/09 at 3:37 pm

Sounds good to me.  Lets rid the bus of the skanks, apply a generous layer of lysol to the bus then jump on.  I could follow him around. 

WooHoo!!!
Dagny and Tam!! All aboard the Rock Bus Of Love!!! ;D
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/06/09 at 7:23 pm

You know that watching this and shows like it encourages producers to keep putting them on TV, right?

Well since I am not one of the Neilsen houses, I figure my watching will not affect their programming decisions.   :P

But Love Bus is so vile, even I will not watch it any more....  8-P

Written By: tv on 01/07/09 at 1:16 pm

I fail to understand why VH1 would even give Brett Michaels a show I mean the guy is from a band that was popular in the 80's? The same thing goes with the Flavor Flav: another guy that was famous in a rap group(albeit a great rap group) in Public Enemy. I mean these 2 guys haven;t been relevant in 17-20 years yet they get their own show?

I will give Brett Michaels this much: he did a good job hosting VH1's 100 greatest Hard Rock Songs countdown.

Written By: Tam on 01/07/09 at 2:00 pm

I fail to understand why VH1 would even give Brett Michaels a show I mean the guy is from a band that was popular in the 80's? The same thing goes with the Flavor Flav: another guy that was famous in a rap group(albeit a great rap group) in Public Enemy. I mean these 2 guys haven;t been relevant in 17-20 years yet they get their own show?

I will give Brett Michaels this much: he did a good job hosting VH1's 100 greatest Hard Rock Songs countdown.

Seriously?

Michaels recorded his first solo album in 1998 A Letter from Death Row the soundtrack to the same-titled movie he directed, wrote, and starred in. In 2003, he released the studio album Songs of Life. Michaels also served as a judge during the 2005 season of reality television singing competition Nashville Star and released a country rock album in the same year called Freedom of Sound.

Michaels released Rock My World in 2008 which featured music from his reality television series Rock of Love including the singles "Go That Far" (Rock of Love theme), "Fallen" and "Start Again", the first 2 also featuring music videos with clips from the series.In December 2008 Bret released a single version of "Driven" (rock mix) which also featured a music video with preview clips for Rock of Love 3 and he also re released the "Fallen" single with acoustic,piano and demo versions included.

He owns a production company with Charlie Sheen and has 18 top hits and he has 31 nominated songs. Including the two songs on Guitar Hero III:Legends of Rock.

wikipedia

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/09 at 9:44 pm

Don't watch it without a condom.

Written By: tv on 01/08/09 at 11:41 am

Seriously?

Michaels recorded his first solo album in 1998 A Letter from Death Row the soundtrack to the same-titled movie he directed, wrote, and starred in. In 2003, he released the studio album Songs of Life. Michaels also served as a judge during the 2005 season of reality television singing competition Nashville Star and released a country rock album in the same year called Freedom of Sound.

Michaels released Rock My World in 2008 which featured music from his reality television series Rock of Love including the singles "Go That Far" (Rock of Love theme), "Fallen" and "Start Again", the first 2 also featuring music videos with clips from the series.In December 2008 Bret released a single version of "Driven" (rock mix) which also featured a music video with preview clips for Rock of Love 3 and he also re released the "Fallen" single with acoustic,piano and demo versions included.

He owns a production company with Charlie Sheen and has 18 top hits and he has 31 nominated songs. Including the two songs on Guitar Hero III:Legends of Rock.

wikipedia
What I am saying is he is not a popular name in this decade like Britney Spears, Rihanna, or Beyonce is.

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 11:51 am

What I am saying is he is not a popular name in this decade like Britney Spears, Rihanna, or Beyonce is.

But you are also talking about two completely different genre's of music.

Michaels' is by no means "pop" and so of course would not appear to be as popular as those acts you listed. However, for those who are 'rockers', (for lack of a better term) Michaels is still kicking them out like no tomorrow. AND I doubt he cares if he makes it on Billboard - it's full of fluff anyway. (Although I will admit to liking some of that fluff.) Just because his name isn't on top of the tabloids or top of the charts doesn't mean he is irrelevant. Personally, I am thankful he is still rocking, and he hasn't conformed like so many other bands have.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/09 at 1:39 pm

I'm still waiting for the Maury Paury Al Jourgensen baby mama show.  All these scary-looking middle-aged skank-goths with the microcephalic monster kids!  OK, Al, let the DNA roll!
:D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/09 at 3:31 pm

I don't find Bret attractive at all.  Dag and Tam, I don't know what you guys are thinking!  I get so irritated with him that he won't take his freaking bandana and cowboy hat off.  I've seen him without it ONCE.  It makes my head hurt just looking at him.  But I still watch the show.  I can't help myself.  It's just good.  I seriously love it.  I started watching it halfway through the first season and I've been hooked ever since.  I also watched Charm School, and I loved that too.  Those girls are just too funny to me.   

Written By: Tam on 01/08/09 at 3:36 pm

I don't find Bret attractive at all.  Dag and Tam, I don't know what you guys are thinking!  I get so irritated with him that he won't take his freaking bandana and cowboy hat off.  I've seen him without it ONCE.  It makes my head hurt just looking at him.  But I still watch the show.  I can't help myself.  It's just good.  I seriously love it.  I started watching it halfway through the first season and I've been hooked ever since.  I also watched Charm School, and I loved that too.  Those girls are just too funny to me.   

It's ok Ash, we don't have to have the same tastes in men in order to get along! 8)
(although you need your eyes checked!) ;D ;D j/k

I'm not so hooked on the charm school(s) or other reality shows... I just love looking at Bret and his sexy arse in them semi baggy jeans! :o ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/08/09 at 4:52 pm

It's ok Ash, we don't have to have the same tastes in men in order to get along! 8)
(although you need your eyes checked!) ;D ;D j/k

I second this. ;D :D

I can't even bring myself to watch the show, ick factor too high for me, but I love any other time I can see Brett.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/09 at 10:05 pm

I had to laugh tonight because I said something to my husband about the show and he said "you started watching it without me?" 

He acts like he doesn't care, but he's just as hooked on it as I am!  ;D

Written By: Silver Power on 01/11/09 at 7:20 pm

:) : Hi, I'm Torey, and I'm a Reality Television addict.
:-* :( 8) : (Hi Torey)

I'm sorry, but I love all of the VH1 reality shows. I get sucked into the shows. I don't think many of the women on these shows are trashy, because, in all honesty, eliminations take place within 1-2 days of the next, so these girls have hardly any time to make an impression on Bret. That's why you see them being, how should I put it... Dicier, in the beginning, and slowly get less slutty as the competition goes on.

If they get his attention in the beginning, they will have enough of a time period later on to get to know him, and fo him to get to know then. Everyone talks about themselves on the first night, so they might get lost in the toss, but the wilder they are, the more memorable.

Now, half of the girls will want to be on the show to boost their careers, but the other half DO want to get to know him, and really want to find love.

If you watch enough of these shows, you actually start caring about the participants. That's why people keep coming back. That's why people participate the next season. People on season 2 saw Bret on season 1, and really liked him, and were, more often than not, fans of Poison. Same goes for Flavor Flav and Public Enemy.

While they might not be the most attractive, their personalities shine through, and that is always what the participants are interested in, if not also their looks.

I will smoke, snort, bake, shoot, and swallow these reality shows until I die.

Written By: Silver Power on 01/11/09 at 7:24 pm

And I'd like to add, Poison still sells out major venues, they just came to A.C. this summer, and the turnout was AMAZING. Even his solo band, Bret Michaels Band, sells out pretty big spaces too. But it's no match for poison. And, Jesus, it's BRET, not BRETT. I hate that even Closed-Captioning spells it like that. One T, not two.

Written By: Silver Power on 01/11/09 at 7:26 pm

Seriously?

wikipedia

Marry me.  :D

Written By: Tam on 01/11/09 at 8:01 pm

Marry me.  :D

WOW! My first internet proposal! ;D 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/09 at 5:29 pm

:) : Hi, I'm Torey, and I'm a Reality Television addict.
:-* :( 8) : (Hi Torey)

I'm sorry, but I love all of the VH1 reality shows. I will smoke, snort, bake, shoot, and swallow these reality shows until I die.

Ha ha!  You get some Karamel for that.

I don't watch Flavor of Love, but I am all about Rock of Love.  And I Love Money.  I don't know why, I just love them!  This season of Rock of Love Bus has been really hilarious to me.  That Brandi chick is a serious psycho huh?

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 12:01 pm

Well, Bret is looking pretty fine as of yesterday's show. Gggrrrooowwwwlllllll!

So I am glad that he turned out Marcia - to me it was like she was there for the party anyway...

Now, I have to find a way to get to St. Louis so I can hop on his bus and join the ride!!
{what do you mean it is already done filming and I won't find anyone in St. Louis?}

I guess I will have to go see Davey then! 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/26/09 at 2:55 pm

Well, Bret is looking pretty fine as of yesterday's show. Gggrrrooowwwwlllllll!

So I am glad that he turned out Marcia - to me it was like she was there for the party anyway...

Now, I have to find a way to get to St. Louis so I can hop on his bus and join the ride!!
{what do you mean it is already done filming and I won't find anyone in St. Louis?}

I guess I will have to go see Davey then! 8)

I liked her!  She's funny!  I wanted Mindy to go.  Stop whining already!  Her and that freaking Penthouse Pet.  She bugs the crap out of me!  I LedMAO when she fell off the stage!  ;D

I used to HATE Ashley, but she is starting to grow on me.  When she said "if you're going to date a rock star, you're going to have to get used to falling off the stage" it was the best moment of the show! 

Written By: Tam on 03/01/09 at 4:01 pm

I have missed a lot of this season - I don't know why.... perhaps I am not as interested as before.

However, Last night I dreamed that I won.
This isn't the first time either.

After the first season, I had a dream that I won Rock of Love, and it was almost so real that when I woke, I felt like I really won and I also felt so let down because I knew it was a dream. This time it is similar. I knew I was going to win because he told me so, but there were still other women he had to eliminate. But he told me he chose me - and if I could hold out, I would be his forever. Also in the dream, we were on a bus, but not like the ones he is using. These were like coach charters, and he just wanted to be with me on one. He told me where to sit, and I went there. As I was starting to wake up, he told me he loved me and I was saying I love you back.... but then my eyes opened and I knew it was a dream.

Good thing too because I would hate to have to explain to him that I am already married! :D

At one point in the dream as well, I convinced him that he didn't have to wear make up anymore.... lol. I really do love him - but not like that.

Can you imagine if I told y'all one day that I was going on Rock of Love and you all were going to get to see me on tv? Hahaha! That would be totally insane wouldn't it? ;D ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/01/09 at 6:23 pm

Good thing too because I would hate to have to explain to him that I am already married! :D

At one point in the dream as well, I convinced him that he didn't have to wear make up anymore.... lol. I really do love him - but not like that.

You mean that in your dream, you were not "there for Bret" ? ???

;D ;D

Written By: Tam on 03/01/09 at 7:25 pm

;D ;D

Haha!! Good one!!! ;D ;D

Lyricboy FTW

Written By: Silver Power on 03/01/09 at 7:28 pm

I've had dreams like that, except for I Love New York instead of Rock of Love. And I didn't win, I just came close, close enough that I get thousands of adds on my MySpace during the airing of the show.

I never miss an episode of any of the shows. Except For The Love of Ray J. But I always see the reruns.

How does everyone feel about I Love Money? Any picks? Mine are Entertainer, Prancer, Tailor Made, Buckwild, or Saaphyri. Buddha's gone, yay.

;D ;D

Karamel for that post.

Written By: Silver Power on 03/01/09 at 7:32 pm

And not only that, but I swear to you all that I will be on a VH1 reality show once I become old enough. Hopefully a dating show. I figure they've made spinoffs for the past 3 years, what's another 5 years in reality tv?

But I promise you all, once I turn 21 in 5 years, I WILL be a contestant on a reality show, hopefully VH1. Produced by Mark Cronin would be nice.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/09 at 12:00 pm

I've had dreams like that, except for I Love New York instead of Rock of Love. And I didn't win, I just came close, close enough that I get thousands of adds on my MySpace during the airing of the show.

I never miss an episode of any of the shows. Except For The Love of Ray J. But I always see the reruns.

How does everyone feel about I Love Money? Any picks? Mine are Entertainer, Prancer, Tailor Made, Buckwild, or Saaphyri. Buddha's gone, yay.

Karamel for that post.

I Love Money is totally up in the air as far as I'm concerned.  The last season, I wasn't at all surprised that Hoops won, because she seemed to be so much more together than everyone else.  She rocked.  But this season, no one really stands out for me.  Maybe 20 pack?  I will have to watch now that they have switched up the teams and see what happens.

I've been really getting into For the Love of Ray J.  To me, he is a MILLION times hotter than friggin Bret Michaels!  I can totally see why girls like him.  My favorites on there would have to be Danger and Chardonnay.  I can't stand Unique, Lil Hood, and I was SO GLAD that Caviar went home!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/09 at 12:00 pm

And not only that, but I swear to you all that I will be on a VH1 reality show once I become old enough. Hopefully a dating show. I figure they've made spinoffs for the past 3 years, what's another 5 years in reality tv?

But I promise you all, once I turn 21 in 5 years, I WILL be a contestant on a reality show, hopefully VH1. Produced by Mark Cronin would be nice.

Well you will have to tell us if you are so we can root for you.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/09 at 12:08 pm

Well you will have to tell us if you are so we can root for you.   ;)

Ah, the dreams of youth!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/09 at 12:10 pm

Ah, the dreams of youth!

I always wanted to be on the Real World when I was young. 

Written By: Silver Power on 03/02/09 at 1:56 pm

Nah, I wouldn't audition for the Real World, tons of people go for that. But I've seen some casting calls for VH1 reality shows, they're pretty discreet. They have personal castings at select locations, or you can try out online sometimes. But only a few people get picked online.

And I loved Caviar. Danger is stupid, that tattoo ruined her face, and Feisty is my favorite.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/09 at 2:10 pm

Nah, I wouldn't audition for the Real World, tons of people go for that.

It's totally different now than it was when I was your age.  (That makes me sound really old...)

Back then it was still new...I'm talking about the first one or two seasons. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 10:18 am

It's totally different now than it was when I was your age.  (That makes me sound really old...)

Back then it was still new...I'm talking about the first one or two seasons. 

Are you going to drink that bottle of Snapple?
OK, cut!
Yeah, we need you to sit over by the window with it...a little more to the left...lean back a bit...now cross your legs, now keep the label facing the camera.
OK, roll!

Turns out that's how real the Real World was!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/03/09 at 12:37 pm

Are you going to drink that bottle of Snapple?
OK, cut!
Yeah, we need you to sit over by the window with it...a little more to the left...lean back a bit...now cross your legs, now keep the label facing the camera.
OK, roll!

Turns out that's how real the Real World was!

Oh shut up Max!  The Real World is REAL!  All reality TV is REAL!  :P ;)

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 9:09 pm

Ya, so.....

Bret totally picked the wrong Girl.
Taya was there purposely for her Penthouse career. She sucks!

But then again.... I should be the winner! ;D ;D 8)

Written By: Michael C. on 04/12/09 at 9:13 pm

What else is new........Hasn't He picked the wrong one EVERY season...?... ;)
Ya, so.....

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 9:16 pm

What else is new........Hasn't He picked the wrong one EVERY season...?... ;)

He Has!

Honestly, I thought he had it right with Ambre last season... but again apparently not. ::)

Why is it the viewer's can see who the right one is but we have no say in the outcome. So many of those so-called women were nasty right from the word go, and should have been sent home then. I guess he enjoys that type of thing though, and if he didn't pick drama queens, there wouldn't be much of a show right?

Ah well, he gets the Penthouse Pet/Stripper that he was probably destined to be with for a short while anyway....

But - He is STILL HAWT!!! 8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/09 at 9:30 pm

Ya, so.....

Taya was there purposely for her Penthouse career. She sucks!

But then again.... I should be the winner! ;D ;D 8)

He should never have kicked Beverly off. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/09 at 9:33 pm

I've been really getting into For the Love of Ray J.  To me, he is a MILLION times hotter than friggin Bret Michaels! 

My only problem with Ray J is that at the beginning of the show he brags "I've made a loooot of money".  ::)

Which loosely translates, I believe, to either (a) I have a tiny ding-dong or (b) I could not get it up with a crane.

I kinda wonder what sort of house he and sis grew up in.  Both strike me as especially shallow...

Written By: Michael C. on 04/12/09 at 9:35 pm

I don't follow the show...
I see bits here & there when My Daughter watches it.....She watches that & I Love Money.......
She was going on about Daisy {I don't know who She is} getting Her own show.....
Like most "reality" shows ...I think it's pretty staged...to keep People watching & talking about His bad choices....
He Has!

Honestly, I thought he had it right with Ambre last season... but again apparently not. ::)

Why is it the viewer's can see who the right one is but we have no say in the outcome. So many of those so-called women were nasty right from the word go, and should have been sent home then. I guess he enjoys that type of thing though, and if he didn't pick drama queens, there wouldn't be much of a show right?

Ah well, he gets the Penthouse Pet/Stripper that he was probably destined to be with for a short while anyway....

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 9:35 pm

He should never have kicked Beverly off. 

I agree 100%!

karma +1

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/13/09 at 12:08 am

Who'd the Rosa Parks of the Bret Michaels' bus?

Written By: Silver Power on 04/13/09 at 8:10 am

I'm in such a bad mood since he picked Taya. But I knew 5 mins before it even happened. Once Mindy was called up and Taya started doing those confessionals saying 'I can't believe it's over for me... I gotta watch while he picks her' I knew Taya won. Thats the obvious editing trick that is made to 'surprise the viewer'. I knew Mindy didn't win once they did that.

I would have preferred Mindy, but Ashley was ultimately my favorite girl. Ah well, I get to see her in Charm School 3 with Ricki Lake, Lala Vasquez, and DJ Stryker.

Anyone watching Daisy of Love when it comes out?

Written By: Tam on 04/13/09 at 9:16 am

Definitely not!
I couldn't stand her on Rock of Love and I know for sure I will not be able to watch her idiot arse try and find a man! ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/09 at 1:09 pm

He Has!

I thought the same thing...but then I thought meh...they deserve each other.  Maybe it'll work this time.

I'm in such a bad mood since he picked Taya. But I knew 5 mins before it even happened. Once Mindy was called up and Taya started doing those confessionals saying 'I can't believe it's over for me... I gotta watch while he picks her' I knew Taya won. Thats the obvious editing trick that is made to 'surprise the viewer'. I knew Mindy didn't win once they did that.

I would have preferred Mindy, but Ashley was ultimately my favorite girl. Ah well, I get to see her in Charm School 3 with Ricki Lake, Lala Vasquez, and DJ Stryker.

I'm gonna watch it.  How can I not?  It's gonna be totally craptacular!

BTW, Ashley was my favorite too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/13/09 at 6:37 pm

DJ Stryker...  any relation to Jeff Stryker?

Written By: Silver Power on 04/13/09 at 7:34 pm

No, DJ Stryker is a disc jockey for KROQ FM and co-host of Loveline, Jeff Stryker is a porn star.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/13/09 at 7:55 pm

No, DJ Stryker is a disc jockey for KROQ FM and co-host of Loveline, Jeff Stryker is a porn star.

I didn't know that Jeff was doing Loveline.  I bet he has some interesting advice to give.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/13/09 at 9:01 pm

I didn't know that Jeff was doing Loveline.  I bet he has some interesting advice to give.  ;D

Don't talk with your mouth full?

....sorry.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tard.gif

Written By: Silver Power on 04/14/09 at 12:25 pm

Jeff isn't doing Loveline, DJ Stryker is, as well as DJing for KROQ FM. Idk what Jeff's up to.

Check for new replies or respond here...