inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Geico Gecko... On the Way Out???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/09 at 4:36 pm

I have been seeing some new Geico commercials where they have a new character... it is a stack of dollar bills that has a set of eyes.

It is supposed to be "all the money you will save with Geico".  Does not say anything though.

Now they are running an ad where they want to make the Gecko wear a suit.

I wonder if they are getting ready to "kick the Gecko upstairs" to make room for money-eyes.  ???

Subject: Re: Geico Gecko... On the Way Out???

Written By: Midas on 01/11/09 at 5:11 pm

Maybe...but I still see some Gecko commercials here - particularly the one where he's asked to wear a suit.

Written By: tv on 01/14/09 at 11:57 am

I hope their not gonna kick the "Gecko" out of their commercials because I think he's a cool character in the commercials but how long can they go with the "Gecko" in their commercials anyway?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/14/09 at 12:02 pm

As long as they don't bring back the Cavemen, I am fine.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/14/09 at 3:15 pm

Those commercials with the stack of money with the eyes are dopey.  :P

On the other hand I liked the cavemen, simply because there's a guy at work who looks almost exactly like them and it gives us an excuse to make fun of him.  :D

Written By: star500 on 01/15/09 at 6:08 pm

I still see the commercials with the celebrities talking for real people...especially the one with Mrs. Butterworth. My favorite one is the one with Little Richard.

"Help me...somebody help me!"

"Mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce? Whooowooo!"

Hehehe. ;D Never gets old.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/09 at 8:58 pm

I still see the commercials with the celebrities talking for real people...especially the one with Mrs. Butterworth. My favorite one is the one with Little Richard.

"Help me...somebody help me!"

"Mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce? Whooowooo!"

Hehehe. ;D Never gets old.

Heh heh... I have a great Little Richard story.

About 12 years ago I was at the Picksburgh Airport, waiting in line at the US Air counter.  Little Richard was right in front of me.  No biggie, I just kept to myself.

Anyway, he gets up to where it is his turn at the counter, and the lady asks him to produce his identification.  He went ballistic!

When it came time for my turn, I simply cooperated and handed over my ID.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...