inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ellen Degeneres

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/13/09 at 12:49 pm

Who else thinks that Ellen is super hilarious!!??  I love her talk show, it's so funny when she just breaks out in dance.

Recently (around Christmas) she and Britney Spears went Christmas caroling (you can see the clips of it on her website http://ellen.warnerbros.com/)....it was so funny. ;D

Subject: Re: Ellen Degeneres

Written By: Dagwood on 01/13/09 at 1:10 pm

I have always thought she was funny.  Plus, she seems to be a genuinely nice person, not just faking it.  I love Ellen.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/13/09 at 2:54 pm

She's extremely quick!  I adore her.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/09 at 3:44 pm

I LOVE Ellen.... and you probably saw this coming... I've been to 3 or 4 tapings.  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/09 at 5:29 pm

Outside of Rgeis and Kelly, it's the only daytime talk show, that I actually watch.

Written By: midnite on 01/13/09 at 6:19 pm

Never saw her talk show.

But I used to lover her standup in the early 90s and her sitcom "Ellen" as well.  And we should all remember Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) was on the show too!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/09 at 7:05 pm

She is indeed a gifted comic but she's never been my thing.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/15/09 at 2:41 pm

I was a fan of her sitcom in the '90s. I've seen her talk show here and there and have also thought it's a good show. I do think she's a very nice person, myself. She's got a soft heart, which I like.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/09 at 9:00 pm

I'd party with her...  :P

And by "party" I mean hang out, grab a few brewskies etc.

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 9:03 pm

I'd party with her...  :P

And by "party" I mean hang out, grab a few brewskies etc.
apparently that's as far as anyone with a twig and berries is likely to get with her.  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/15/09 at 9:11 pm

Yeah, I like Ellen.  Anyone who can get stuffy people to dance is OK with me.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 9:32 pm

apparently that's as far as anyone with a twig and berries is likely to get with her.  :D

;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/09 at 9:41 pm

I've been a BIG fan of Ellen since her sitcom in the 90s.  The way she always slips in one or two last remarks to add to her jokes is hilarious ;D

Written By: Silver Power on 01/15/09 at 10:12 pm

Never really appreciated Ellen. I'm gonna look up her stand-up comedy, it might be funny. I hated Eddie Murphy, until I saw him do his stand-up act from, like, the 70s or 80s or something on TV. He was raunchy, and that's what I liked. Nowadays, though, he's been Disneyfied and cleaned up, and that possibly happened to Ellen Degeneres. Her standup might be more, well, adult oriented. I don't like clean stuff like her show, I want swear words flying at 20 miles per hour. Like I said, I'm gonna search the web for her stand-up.

PS: She was brilliant in 'Finding Nemo'.

PSS: Her girlfriend is hotter than mine. xD

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/09 at 10:51 pm

Never really appreciated Ellen. I'm gonna look up her stand-up comedy, it might be funny. I hated Eddie Murphy, until I saw him do his stand-up act from, like, the 70s or 80s or something on TV. He was raunchy, and that's what I liked. Nowadays, though, he's been Disneyfied and cleaned up, and that possibly happened to Ellen Degeneres. Her standup might be more, well, adult oriented. I don't like clean stuff like her show, I want swear words flying at 20 miles per hour. Like I said, I'm gonna search the web for her stand-up.

PS: She was brilliant in 'Finding Nemo'.

PSS: Her girlfriend is hotter than mine. xD

that;s because he's a father now.

Ellen has never been an edgy comic tho her stuff is observational humor and really funny if you like observational humor but very clean.

Written By: Silver Power on 01/16/09 at 12:24 am

that;s because he's a father now.

Ellen has never been an edgy comic tho her stuff is observational humor and really funny if you like observational humor but very clean.

Edgy, that's the word I was looking for.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/09 at 5:20 pm

Ellen is one of my favorite people of all time.  I think she is so funny, and so refreshing.  And like other people said, she really is just so quick.  And I love her stand up too.  Whenever I'm asked which celebrity I'd have lunch with, I always pick her.

Q, I am so jealous of you!  I am going to come and visit you and we are going to go to a taping of her show together!

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/09 at 6:27 pm

Ellen is one of my favorite people of all time.  I think she is so funny, and so refreshing.  And like other people said, she really is just so quick.  And I love her stand up too.  Whenever I'm asked which celebrity I'd have lunch with, I always pick her.

Q, I am so jealous of you!  I am going to come and visit you and we are going to go to a taping of her show together!

Lets do it!

Check for new replies or respond here...