inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has the latest political news replaced Celeb tabloid news in the media?

Written By: tv on 01/14/09 at 12:05 pm

I noticed ever since like the past half of last year that poiltical news is the hot new topic in the media. For years like 1999-early 2007 celeb tabloid news was the hottest topic in the media. So has political news replaced celeb talbloid news as the main topic of discussion in the media currently?

Subject: Re: Has the latest political news replaced Celeb tabloid news in the media?

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/14/09 at 3:54 pm

I noticed ever since like the past half of last year that poiltical news is the hot new topic in the media. For years like 1999-early 2007 celeb tabloid news was the hottest topic in the media. So has political news replaced celeb talbloid news as the main topic of discussion in the media currently?

Good point. Yeah, I think it seems to have, at least for the time being. I guess it's because presidential elections change the mood of the county (and pop culture) so that's what everyone is interested in.

Even though there's always been tabloids and stuff, I do agree celeb obsession really peaked this decade, especially around 2005, probably since it fits with the materalistic zeroes. Like especially with young women like Britney, Paris, Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan.

Check for new replies or respond here...