inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MLK DAY

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/09 at 12:28 pm

This needs no introduction:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

Cat

Subject: Re: MLK DAY

Written By: Jessica on 01/19/09 at 1:23 pm

That speech never fails to move me to tears.

He was a great great man. :\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 01/19/09 at 6:33 pm

Me, too, Jess.  Any time I hear his voice I get the chills.

MLK trivia:

Anyone know the last conversation he had before his assassination?

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 6:44 pm

Me, too, Jess.  Any time I hear his voice I get the chills.

MLK trivia:

Anyone know the last conversation he had before his assassination?

no what was it?

Written By: statsqueen on 01/19/09 at 7:20 pm

no what was it?

It was a debate/argument with Ralph Abernathy and another friend about dinner.  They wanted something more "high end", he wanted soul food (ribs, mac and cheese, corn bread, etc.)  They walked out of the Memphis motel and the driver said Dr. King would want a jacket, even though April, still chilly.  When he came back out w/ jacket is when he was assassinated.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 7:24 pm

It was a debate/argument with Ralph Abernathy and another friend about dinner.  They wanted something more "high end", he wanted soul food (ribs, mac and cheese, corn bread, etc.)  They walked out of the Memphis motel and the driver said Dr. King would want a jacket, even though April, still chilly.  When he came back out w/ jacket is when he was assassinated.

I hadn't heard that before.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/09 at 8:08 pm

that's the best speech ever. 

Written By: statsqueen on 01/19/09 at 8:13 pm

I got to hear the Promised Land/Mountaintop one yesterday.  That is my 2nd favorite after his Dream speech.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/09 at 5:40 pm

I had never heard that either. 
I got to hear the Promised Land/Mountaintop one yesterday.  That is my 2nd favorite after his Dream speech.

Mine too.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...