inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grease 3

Written By: star500 on 01/19/09 at 8:53 pm

I think they need to make a Grease 3. It would be really cool. I don't want a remake of the 1st one. I think there are too many remakes being made, in all honesty. I don't know what the story should be if they made a sequel...maybe just a new generation of kids going to Rydell High. Make this one set in the '70s or the '80s. I believe the 2nd one was set in the '60s so it's time to move the story forward. And please, don't tell me that High School Musical is the new Grease...number one, Grease 1 & 2 were not Disney...they were Paramount. And number two it's a different story...they are putting on a play for school in HSM. On Grease and Grease 2, there was no play going on. Grease 2 had a talent show but that was not a school play. Maybe have Olivia Newton-John or Didi Conn make a cameo as a teacher or something and have John Travolta be the father of one of the kids. Maybe have Jeff Conaway (Kenickie) be the coach at the school or something.

If they were going to make a sequel, I think they should cast real teenagers in it....not 20, 30 and 40-year-olds like the 1st and 2nd one, lol. It would be all new characters plus a few of the kids of the original cast too. Maybe have Stephanie and Micheal's kid in there somewhere. And Danny and Sandy's kid as well.

What do you think? Does anyone think this is a good idea or am I just nuts for wanting another sequel? lol.

Subject: Re: Grease 3

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/09 at 9:05 pm

I think you're nuts for wanting another sequel :P

Honestly though, with the recent success of 'Hairspray', Grease 3 would be at the right time if it were made, but then people would be all like "26 years later and now they make the 3rd one?  Hollywood really is out of ideas" lol

I'd watch it though, but Travolta had better not be the lead.  The last thing anyone wants to see is a middle aged man with a less than stellar figure (aka man boobs and a saggy belly) dancing around in tight jeans and a leather jacket ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 9:21 pm

Grease 3  ;D  I'd watch it!

I'm with you...anyone who calls HSM "G3" Should be executed right on the spot!

I would love to see it set in the 80s... the 70s with love in stuff I don't like is the right atmosphere for Grease fans but the 80s with New Wave and hair bands and neon and stuff? That would be ....well Totally Awesome!

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/09 at 10:30 pm

I think High School Musical has finally died the death.  HSM 3 got a few Razzie nominations, I believe for worst picture of the year and I know worst actor for Zac Effron.  Let's hope it wins LOL

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/09 at 10:36 pm

I think High School Musical has finally died the death.  HSM 3 got a few Razzie nominations, I believe for worst picture of the year and I know worst actor for Zac Effron.  Let's hope it wins LOL

Doubt it.  Too many tweens love it and Zac to let it go.

Written By: Davester on 01/19/09 at 11:34 pm

Although I've never watched it, Rent is a musical which is supposed to be set in the 1990s, emphasizing members of the requisite age group...

I've always been for a Wonder Years-type show set in the 1970s/80s, but thinking about it, that may have already been covered by Freaks & Geeks...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/19/09 at 11:36 pm

I think that if they even attempted this..it WOULD end up being a High School Musical type of thing. We have enough of that stuff.

Written By: Davester on 01/19/09 at 11:46 pm

I think that if they even attempted this..it WOULD end up being a High School Musical type of thing. We have enough of that stuff.

Grease III would be lost on anyone unable to recognize the tremendous irony involved in such a project...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/09 at 7:04 pm

Excellent idea there.  Why not have Adrian Zmed and Jeff Conaway reprise their original roles, with the characters of course having aged.  We could work them in somehow.  Ditto for John Revolta and Olivia Fig-Newton.

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/09 at 7:59 pm

Excellent idea there.  Why not have Adrian Zmed and Jeff Conaway reprise their original roles, with the characters of course having aged.  We could work them in somehow.  Ditto for John Revolta and Olivia Fig-Newton.

Jeff Conaway can be the shop teacher and Zmed? he can be campus security because its a new era!  ;D 

Olivia can reprise her role of sandy and sandy can be the new principal....she isn't married to Danny but recently divorced and hooks up with him in an attempt to recapture her youth.

Written By: Zeb on 01/23/09 at 9:52 am

NOOOOOOOOOOO! 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/09 at 10:45 am

Grease 2 is enough for me.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/23/09 at 5:14 pm

Am I the only person on the planet that hated Grease 2?  I don't even want to think about Grease 3!

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/09 at 6:15 pm

Am I the only person on the planet that hated Grease 2?  I don't even want to think about Grease 3!

Don't make go into another thread and smite you  >:(

too late!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/24/09 at 12:25 am

You're not the only one!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/09 at 8:32 am

From what I saw of it, you are not the only one.

Check for new replies or respond here...