inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Winter is a bitch!

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/28/09 at 12:07 pm

I hate winter. I love Christmas snow, but January snow and cold isn't even for the birds!

Fudge Winter, they don't even close the Cleveland Public Schools!

Subject: Re: Winter is a bitch!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/09 at 12:22 pm

Fudge Winter, they don't even close the Cleveland Public Schools!

Just because school is open doesn't mean you have to go. Parents do have the option of keeping the kids home, or getting them to school.  It's all part of that decision making process that goes with the territory.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/28/09 at 1:22 pm

Just because school is open doesn't mean you have to go. Parents do have the option of keeping the kids home, or getting them to school.  It's all part of that decision making process that goes with the territory.

I don't go to school...I work.

And I'm also bugged at my old man! >:(

Written By: gemini on 01/28/09 at 3:27 pm

I know how you feel. I hate winter. It's depressing, dark, cold, wet. I loved winter when I was a kid, but now, there's nothing I like about it. Yuck!  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/09 at 6:53 pm

I don't go to school...I work.

What'd he do?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/28/09 at 7:25 pm

We've got snow and wind here.  The neighbor's trashcan just smacked into my house. >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/09 at 7:57 pm

Just because school is open doesn't mean you have to go.

That's not what the truant officer used to tell me!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses9.gif

It wasn't the snow or the cold that bothered me today, it was the rising temperature and the slush flying everywhere!

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/28/09 at 11:37 pm

I wish that I did work today. My workplace shut down, right after they reported a they were going to have a two-hour delay. My friends were already at work when they decided to shut down, which isn't fair to them that they came to work early and had to leave. It was probably good that I didn't go, since I was incapacitated and my car wouldn't have gotten out of the driveway, since I can't shovel myself due to my heart problems. Someone did shovel my driveway, and it was good that he didn't charge me since the street plows came and blocked my driveway again with their snow. I hope to get the car to work this morning, since I'm already getting cabin fever, and they probably won't close unless the building's owners are chicken*bleep*.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/09 at 12:00 am

Suffice it to say, I feel for you there, brother!
:(

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/29/09 at 3:05 pm

I'm okay with my father...he just hates winter too.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/09 at 9:23 pm

Count me in with the "winter sucks" crowd.  I am sooo over it. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/09 at 5:08 am

Count me in with the "winter sucks" crowd.  I am sooo over it. 

So . . . we'll just send you back to Mexico then. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/09 at 6:01 am

The cold, I am tired of the cold.  It should never get below freezing.  Who was the first idiot who said, "hey, let's head north"  then did and stayed

Written By: yelimsexa on 01/30/09 at 8:33 am

Actually, winter is a bitch because even though where I live it has been around 2 degrees below average in terms of temperatures, we have only received about a quarter of normal snowfall up to this point! I FINALLY got my first snow (though it changed to ice and rain) on Tuesday and we may get some more next Tuesday; but once you're out of High School (and especially College), snow fun isn't the same as it was when you were a kid. Bottom line: SNOW IS FOR CHILDREN!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/09 at 10:32 am

The cold, I am tired of the cold.  It should never get below freezing.  Who was the first idiot who said, "hey, let's head north"  then did and stayed.   

That's why God invent Florida!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/09 at 3:35 pm

So . . . we'll just send you back to Mexico then. ;D

I wish!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/01/09 at 3:40 pm

I wish!   ;D

Enjoy the gorgeous day today...the lady on channel 2 told me the inversion will probably be back by wednesday. 

Written By: wildcard on 02/01/09 at 3:48 pm

I don't get snow, but it's still cold enough for me and having my plants all moldy is making me sick.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/09 at 5:35 pm

I don't get snow, but it's still cold enough for me and having my plants all moldy is making me sick.

You must be overwatering.  Moldy plants make me sick, too.  I just put them outside and let them die. 

Written By: wildcard on 02/02/09 at 11:11 am

You must be overwatering.  Moldy plants make me sick, too.  I just put them outside and let them die. 

over raining actually, they were okay last year.  I can't let plants die, I'd cut them to the ground if they didn't grow on last years growth.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/03/09 at 8:57 pm

Wouldn't you know it? 3 more inches today. That makes our total at least 15 inches. And it'll be cold again tonight and tomorrow before (hopefully) a week long warming treand.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/03/09 at 10:35 pm

Today we had the kind of snow that does not accumulate but just hangs in the air all day long!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/04/09 at 5:52 am

^ and all of the night.  I just finished one more pass with the shovel.  It is going to get cold so it won't melt away, and tomorrow it is going to get colder. 

Written By: Michael C. on 03/01/09 at 1:39 pm

Forcast says 4 to 8 tonight....another 3 to 5 tomorrow..................
I'm so done with this Winter.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/09 at 5:50 pm

Forcast says 4 to 8 tonight....another 3 to 5 tomorrow..................
I'm so done with this Winter.

Too bad winter isn't done with us  :(

Written By: limblifter on 03/01/09 at 6:53 pm

I love it! The ice at the outdoor rink is nice and smooth thanks to the rain last week. It was a gorgeous -6c today with a VERY warm sun. Give me blistering cold any day. I can dress up for that. I can't stand the snow. Messes with my slapshot :)

Written By: Michael C. on 03/02/09 at 4:12 pm

Maybe it is.....Didn't get as much as forecasted.........only about 6" total

Too bad winter isn't done with us   :(

Written By: joeman on 03/02/09 at 4:28 pm

That's why God invent Florida!

You mean Hell's waiting room? :)

Written By: Michael C. on 03/02/09 at 4:36 pm

;D ;D
You mean Hell's waiting room? :)

Written By: barefootrobin on 03/02/09 at 4:48 pm

So Friday I am on my way to work and just after I merged onto the (4 lane) Hiway, I hit black ice.  And lost complete control of my vehicle.  Helplessly along for the ride I stare out my windshield in horror as my vehicle takes me through the ditch dividing the north and south lanes, actually getting air, cross over the oncoming lanes of traffic on the other side which narrowly missed me and land in the ditch on the other side.

The Nissan Murano Intuitive All Wheel Drive & Black Ice DO NOT MIX!

So yeah!  Winter is a bitch!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 10:05 am

We had 10 inches of snow on Monday and now it's colder than a witch's tit.  I've also caught some kind of upper respiratory infection.  Nothing serious enough to curl up in bed with a bowl of chicken soup, just enough to go about my business feeling icky!  Cough cough!
:(

Written By: Tam on 03/03/09 at 11:10 am

So Friday I am on my way to work and just after I merged onto the (4 lane) Hiway, I hit black ice.  And lost complete control of my vehicle.  Helplessly along for the ride I stare out my windshield in horror as my vehicle takes me through the ditch dividing the north and south lanes, actually getting air, cross over the oncoming lanes of traffic on the other side which narrowly missed me and land in the ditch on the other side.

The Nissan Murano Intuitive All Wheel Drive & Black Ice DO NOT MIX!

So yeah!  Winter is a bitch!

Holy Crap Robin!!!
Thank goodness you are ok! 8) ;)

We have intuitive slip all wheel drive as well - sucks when you have control of a little slide then it kicks in and slams you back in the other direction. >:(

Written By: barefootrobin on 03/03/09 at 11:30 am

Holy Crap Robin!!!
Thank goodness you are ok! 8) ;)

We have intuitive slip all wheel drive as well - sucks when you have control of a little slide then it kicks in and slams you back in the other direction. >:(

Thanks!  And that is exactly what happened!  Freaked me right out!

Written By: Tam on 03/03/09 at 11:38 am

Thanks!  And that is exactly what happened!  Freaked me right out!

No doubt!

And thank goodness it was an open median and not one with concrete mini-walls! 8)

Written By: barefootrobin on 03/03/09 at 11:40 am

No doubt!

And thank goodness it was an open median and not one with concrete mini-walls! 8)

Yeah, I'm not sure what's better, they are widening the hi-way in order to make the ditch meridian wider, a lot of people have been killed as the result of sailing through into oncoming traffic.  Had I known my vehicle was going to be so hard to get a long with, I would have just accepted the first slide and hit the ditch on my side of the hiway.

Check for new replies or respond here...